Lockedsteelhead at the mouths of the tribs.....

Author
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2852
  • Reward points: 0
2014/10/11 08:41:55 (permalink)

steelhead at the mouths of the tribs.....

i don't do a lot of steelhead fishing, but what i've done has strictly been in the tribs.  i've seen guys lined up along the mouths of the tribs casting into the lake and have always wondered what they're using.  cleos, maybe?  also, are they using heavier powered rods than the traditional noodle rod?

2 Replies Related Threads

FishinGuy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2074
    Re: steelhead at the mouths of the tribs..... 2014/10/11 09:00:01 (permalink)
    I use a 9' med mod-fast rod with 8lb braid to throw spoons. I throw crocodiles cleos and ko wobblers. My stream rod(for most conditions) is a 10'6" light slow noodle rod with 6 or 4 lb test. The slow action rod doesn't load all that well to cast heavy spoons. And I don't know if 4 lb test would be very practical to land a fresh chromer out in the lake. Its a whole different animal when they have room to run.
    fisherofmen376
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2213
    Re: steelhead at the mouths of the tribs..... 2014/10/11 17:49:04 (permalink)
    I use the same setup (noodle rod), more because of laziness than anything.  I will go with heavier tippet though for sure.  And yes, cleos are great.  But I've caught them on used pahhr bait nnat too!  

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."
    Matthew 4:19
    Jump to: