Don't wait til the weekend before.

Time for archery practice is now.

2014-15 archery season is upon us.

10 Replies Related Threads

dpms
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3508
    • Reward points: 0
    Re: Archers to the wall.......... 2014/08/19 09:56:27 (permalink)
    Wait. I thought all "archers" shot all year long because they are so dedicated to the sport and not lazy like other hunters?

My rifle is a black rifle
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 11939
    Re: Archers to the wall.......... 2014/08/19 11:10:28 (permalink)
    Ahh, but at last, you are wrong my fellow blogger. As with any sport, be it hunting; fishing and yes even golf, there shall forever be the last minute slob(s) that crawl from beneath the rocks.

One could say; it is the destiny of these slobs to create hate and discontent amongst thy dedicated and 'professional' sportsman.

If by calling to the wall, archers all, and if but one slob be converted I shall have succeeded in my endeavor.

Going back to my room now;
    they tell me it is time for my nap.

Hunt Safely....... The life you save may be mine.
    Esox_Hunter
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2393
    Re: Archers to the wall.......... 2014/08/19 12:58:03 (permalink)
    dpms
    Wait. I thought all "archers" shot all year long because they are so dedicated to the sport and not lazy like other hunters?

No, typically we go to the local Walmart the evening before the season starts to buy our "archery equipment." That same evening we will engage in a rigorous practice session that consists of shooting a total of about 3 archery projectiles to become proficient with the new equipment. After all that work, we are finally ready to hunt and need not be concerned with any future practice sessions.

dpms
    Pro Angler
    Re: Archers to the wall.......... 2014/08/19 15:04:38 (permalink)
    Esox_Hunter
    dpms

No, typically we go to the local Walmart the evening before the season starts to buy our "archery equipment." That same evening we will engage in a rigorous practice session that consists of shooting a total of about 3 archery projectiles to become proficient with the new equipment. After all that work, we are finally ready to hunt and need not be concerned with any future practice sessions.   

Yep. Sounds like what has generally happened for decades before Pa archery season opened. Archery shops don't call the week leading up to the opener as insane season for no reason. Been that way forever.

Hypocritical for many folks to call other groups lazy and not dedicated when a large segment within their own group does the same thing. Now, if you want to go down to individuals in both camps, there are points to made.
    post edited by dpms - 2014/08/19 15:09:48

dpms
    Pro Angler
    Re: Archers to the wall.......... 2014/08/19 15:12:37 (permalink)
    One of my best friends takes a few shots with his bear compound bow with field tips the week before the season opens, screws on his broad heads and hits then woods every year on the opener. It is what it is. Happens in every user group. From archers, to flintlocks to rifles.

BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: Archers to the wall.......... 2014/08/20 14:36:28 (permalink)
    D@mn dpms I hate it when your right. How unfortunate that we first see or hear the slobs shooting up the woods. Then we hear their stories, at the local watering hole, of how "I hit one".

Uh-oh..... The aide just came in and I don't think that is an I V bag hanging on that hook. I gotta go!!
    BloodyHand
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2124
    Re: Archers to the wall.......... 2014/08/20 17:56:59 (permalink)
    Esox_Hunter
    dpms

You forgot the beer EH
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: Archers to the wall.......... 2014/08/20 21:20:23 (permalink)
    He said "beer"......... cool EH??
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: Archers to the wall.......... 2014/08/26 13:24:11 (permalink)
    Bought a 3D deer target and when I removed it from the box I was really disappointed. After setting it up I wished I never bought the thing. I knew it was only 36" at the shoulder but, I had no idea the thing was so thin. The dang thing, when looking at it head on, looks like it has CWD. Anyway, to my supprise, the target has with stood some agressive shooting. This is one of those 3D targets that cost under $100.00 and I know you only get what you pay for but, I must say this target is impressive. I certainly would recommend this target for the backyard 'shooter', having a limited budget, looking to hone his/her archery skills.

Aluminium shafts are not a problem with removal but, I recommend using silcon on carbon shafts for, easier extraction. Thus far I've used only field points but, the replaceable organs are rated for broad heads as well as expandables.

I can honestly say the model of the 3D is a real 'SHOOTER'.
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: Archers to the wall.......... 2014/09/12 13:47:47 (permalink)
    Still putting arrows in that same 3D........What-a-deal!! Shootin' 3 shots per round, for15-30 mins., 2-3 times a week (two shooters occasionally). Not braggin' here, just sayin' this 3D has been worth the money.
    Jump to: