Roadtrip to Pulaski Mid Week

Author
RichW
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 66
  • Reward points: 0
2014/04/23 13:45:22 (permalink)

Roadtrip to Pulaski Mid Week

Seeing I did not get out on the Ice and the NJ Trout stocking was drastically cut back this year, coming up mid week to poke around.   Hopefully,  the rivers will have dropped back which it looks like and I can hook  a few drop-back Steelies!   I think the state euthanized  about 300,000 trout due to the below!
: njfreshwaterfishing@listserv.state.nj.us, njoutdoors@listserv.state.nj.us
Sent: 4/22/2014 3:49:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: Division of Fish and Wildlife to Euthanize 90,000 More Brook Trout 
Despite the efforts by the NJDEP Division of Fish and Wildlife to control Furunculosis at the Pequest Trout Hatchery, the last remaining raceway of brook trout reared for stocking this spring tested positive for the bacterium which causes the disease.   These 90,000 brook trout were scheduled to be distributed throughout the state over the two remaining weeks of the modified 2014 Spring Trout Season. Despite their recent treatment with antibiotics, the fish must now be euthanized as per the state's fish health policy.
Of the three species of trout affected by the disease, brook trout proved to be the most difficult to treat.   The loss of these brook trout will result in the cancellation of the remaining scheduled stockings on 64 warmwater lakes and ponds.
Went to the Local Restaurant Depot and picked up 2 five lb packs of Deboned Rainbow Trout.  Did a good recipe for Stuffed Rainbow Trout.  Makes a difference when they are whole and missing most of the bones.
Chopped Bacon - Onion - Fresh Parsely - Pepper - Homemade Bread Crumbs for the stuffing and some lemon to Garnish.  35 Minutes in the oven  at 350 some sweet potatoes and asparagus pluis a few Blues to wash em down.   Most likely fishin all day Wed and most of Thursday!
Regards to all.  If anyone around Wed let me know.  Will be at Whitakers!
post edited by RichW - 2014/04/23 13:59:11

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to: