Helpful ReplyHot!Elk Creek "Tubes" posted???????

Page: << < ..6789 > Showing page 7 of 9
Author
Esox_Hunter
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2393
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Elk Creek "Tubes" posted??????? 2013/10/16 10:23:56 (permalink)
DarDys
So, by some of this thinking, if PGC stocked pheasants wonder onto posted property, I should be able to hunt them because I bought a hunting license, part of which went to purchase them.

Sounds pretty silly when one simply swaps the word steelhead for pheasant, doesn't it?

Posted is posted.

That isn't the argument that I am seeing from most of the posters here.  It seems like the majority here respect the landowner's choice to do as he pleases with his land.  I think the issue for many, including myself, is the exploitation of a resource funded by public license holders for the monetary benefit of a few individuals.  I'm not contesting the legality of the situation, I just don't agree with it and refuse to support any of the players behind it.   
D-nymph
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6701
Re: Elk Creek "Tubes" posted??????? 2013/10/16 10:37:01 (permalink)
Esox_Hunter
DarDys
So, by some of this thinking, if PGC stocked pheasants wonder onto posted property, I should be able to hunt them because I bought a hunting license, part of which went to purchase them.

Sounds pretty silly when one simply swaps the word steelhead for pheasant, doesn't it?

Posted is posted.

That isn't the argument that I am seeing from most of the posters here.  It seems like the majority here respect the landowner's choice to do as he pleases with his land.  I think the issue for many, including myself, is the exploitation of a resource funded by public license holders for the monetary benefit of a few individuals.  I'm not contesting the legality of the situation, I just don't agree with it and refuse to support any of the players behind it.   

Exactly. 

I also don't know why that's hard for Loomis to understand.  Nobody is crying either.
bigbear2012
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 725
Re: Elk Creek "Tubes" posted??????? 2013/10/16 11:13:02 (permalink)
alttile different in that birds can go where they want, but fish kind of have to stay in the water
i think it would be fair that those entities who want to benefit $$$ from the state supplied product should have to pay atleast 50% of their gains to the state for supplying those products (fish, birds, whatever)

but just as up in NY i refuse to pay to play on their turf so i find public spots to do my fishing

wishin i was fishin
Loomis
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2672
Re: Elk Creek "Tubes" posted??????? 2013/10/16 13:35:53 (permalink)
D-nymph
Esox_Hunter
DarDys

Posted is posted.

Exactly. 

I also don't know why that's hard for Loomis to understand.  Nobody is crying either.

I could honestly give a crap less.  If there's 100 yards of water with fish in it ill fish it.  What I don't understand is with so much open water to fish, who cares? The fish go below and above the posted areas of Elk Creek, fish for them there.  You aren't going to do a thing by posting on a forum about it, go stand outside trout run bait and tackle if you have that much of a problem with it.  I for one could give a crap less.
lost sage rod sectio
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 77
Re: Elk Creek "Tubes" posted??????? 2013/10/16 13:41:05 (permalink)
Just as a side note I don't care if you raised the pheasant from a chick as soon as it hits PA soil it belongs to PA.
D-nymph
Pro Angler
Re: Elk Creek "Tubes" posted??????? 2013/10/16 14:36:32 (permalink)
Loomis
I could honestly give a crap less.  If there's 100 yards of water with fish in it ill fish it.  What I don't understand is with so much open water to fish, who cares? The fish go below and above the posted areas of Elk Creek, fish for them there.  You aren't going to do a thing by posting on a forum about it, go stand outside trout run bait and tackle if you have that much of a problem with it.  I for one could give a crap less.

So you've said, a few times.  You care so little you keep reading & posting, telling everyone to shut up.  Don't act like a dumass, you're too smart for that.

Here's the thing about new postings, in general, for me... why I care... and really I don't care that much either.  It's not any one spot, THAT doesn't bother me in the least.  This one cuts off from Uncle John's area to the Easements south.  You used to be able to walk right though.  Or, park a car at one end & walk your way down a long stretch.  With each posting, more walk through areas are lost so the "go out and walk" people can't do so as much any more.  All it will take is a couple more of these, in the wrong spots, landlocking long open stretches of stream that can't be fished because you can't get to them. 
bigbear2012
Expert Angler
Re: Elk Creek "Tubes" posted??????? 2013/10/16 14:39:54 (permalink)
and once the process starts, it just progresses
no areas ever open back up, there are just more closed

wishin i was fishin
Riverbum
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 294
Re: Elk Creek "Tubes" posted??????? 2013/10/16 14:45:29 (permalink)
lost sage rod sectio
Just as a side note I don't care if you raised the pheasant from a chick as soon as it hits PA soil it belongs to PA.

Just as a side note, your side note is completely irrelevant. If that pheasant is on my land, you have no right to it without my permission.

That's the point he was making.
post edited by Riverbum - 2013/10/16 14:48:51

"Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."~by Tony Blake~

"Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in. Its thin current slides away, but eternity remains."
~by Henry David Thoreau~

Loomis
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2672
Re: Elk Creek "Tubes" posted??????? 2013/10/16 14:49:18 (permalink)
D-nymph
Loomis

So you've said, a few times.  You care so little you keep reading & posting, telling everyone to shut up.  Don't act like a dumass, you're too smart for that.

Here's the thing about new postings, in general, for me... why I care... and really I don't care that much either.  It's not any one spot, THAT doesn't bother me in the least.  This one cuts off from Uncle John's area to the Easements south.  You used to be able to walk right though.  Or, park a car at one end & walk your way down a long stretch.  With each posting, more walk through areas are lost so the "go out and walk" people can't do so as much any more.  All it will take is a couple more of these, in the wrong spots, landlocking long open stretches of stream that can't be fished because you can't get to them. 

I guess ill have to get a helicopter licence and start dropping people off in these landlocked sections, it will be like they are fishing the wild outback in Alaska.  Then I can profit without taking away any land, but instead increasing access to fish....

D-nymph
Pro Angler
Re: Elk Creek "Tubes" posted??????? 2013/10/16 14:54:53 (permalink)
Now you're making sense.
Riverbum
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 294
Re: Elk Creek "Tubes" posted??????? 2013/10/16 14:57:50 (permalink)
I could honestly give a crap less.  If there's 100 yards of water with fish in it ill fish it.  What I don't understand is with so much open water to fish, who cares? The fish go below and above the posted areas of Elk Creek, fish for them there

That's the point. If this trend continues, that's all you and 10,000 other fishermen will have...100 yards of combat fishing.

I think I fished this particular section one time. It's posting will not directly impact my erie steelhead experience. It will however have an indirect impact as other landowners follow suit and other fishermen begin to crowd the areas I do fish. This will most likely take years, but there is nothing to suggest that it won't happen.

Luckily for me, I'll fish all winter and there are far fewer anglers in the streams in December and January.

"Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."~by Tony Blake~

"Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in. Its thin current slides away, but eternity remains."
~by Henry David Thoreau~

track2514
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 964
Re: Elk Creek "Tubes" posted??????? 2013/10/16 16:59:56 (permalink)
Just need a few of these babies in the right spots.

"The things you own end up owning you."
~~Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

krott243
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 954
Re: Elk Creek "Tubes" posted??????? 2013/10/16 19:45:22 (permalink)
Loomis
Honestly is it even worth it to cry about this?  There are tons of open sections of Elk and other streams to fish.  Why don't you just be happy with what you have? The tubes to route 5 aren't going to help you catch more if you can't catch them to begin with, why even get upset about it?  If I had a section of a stream, i'd post it too, and nobody would fish it.  I'd fish w all the rest of the jagaloons like I always have, and like Art who owns the manchester hole does...pretty much never see him not catching fish.  Point is, where there's fish to fish for, one has a chance at catching them.  So go do it and shut up.

A 7 page thread so far and this is one of only posts that even makes sense and is worth reading.

The Lord has blessed us all today... It's just that he has been particularly good to me.
lost sage rod sectio
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 77
Re: Elk Creek "Tubes" posted??????? 2013/10/16 20:36:01 (permalink)
This forum and the people who write on it are proof cowboys had sex with sheep!!!!!!!
genieman77
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2534
Re: Elk Creek "Tubes" posted??????? 2013/10/16 22:40:59 (permalink)
lost sage rod sectio
This forum and the people who write on it are proof cowboys had sex with sheep!!!!!!!

Those of us that don't have sheep for mothers will recognize the irony

..L.T.A.
mohawksyd
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 854
Re: Elk Creek "Tubes" posted??????? 2013/10/17 08:41:23 (permalink)
lost sage rod sectio

Wow.  Your 1st seven posts on this site consist of continuous d(o)uchebaggery.  Gotta be some sort of record.
Not exactly the way to win friends and influence people.  Now go home.  Your daaaaaad is calling you.
post edited by mohawksyd - 2013/10/17 08:44:04

"For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught...but what he has caught when he has caught no fish." - John H. Bradley

bigbear2012
Expert Angler
Re: Elk Creek "Tubes" posted??????? 2013/10/17 09:00:17 (permalink)
is this horse dead yet?

wishin i was fishin
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: Elk Creek "Tubes" posted??????? 2013/10/17 10:11:04 (permalink)
If those fish swim up on private posted property they are trespassing ! They should be fined and removed !
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4891
Re: Elk Creek "Tubes" posted??????? 2013/10/17 16:59:00 (permalink)
Esox_Hunter
DarDys

Posted is posted.

How do you feel about people who charge a few bucks to park in their yard near a fairground, race track, or sports venue? 

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
Fish5000
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 694
Re: Elk Creek "Tubes" posted??????? 2013/10/17 17:47:43 (permalink)
bigbear2012
is this horse dead yet?

Doubtful. Beat it some more!
Cold
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7358
Re: Elk Creek "Tubes" posted??????? 2013/10/17 18:58:46 (permalink)
DarDys

How do you feel about people who charge a few bucks to park in their yard near a fairground, race track, or sports venue? 

That's not at all an accurate representation of the situation.
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Elk Creek "Tubes" posted??????? 2013/10/17 20:31:37 (permalink)
^It wasn't meant to be.

FishinGuy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2074
Re: Elk Creek "Tubes" posted??????? 2013/10/17 20:36:55 (permalink)
Will they let you tailgate in said yard?
BloodyHand
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2124
Re: Elk Creek "Tubes" posted??????? 2013/10/17 20:40:12 (permalink)
What happens in the yard, stays in the yard....................all I'm sayin

BH
Cold
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7358
Re: Elk Creek "Tubes" posted??????? 2013/10/17 21:42:09 (permalink)
DarDys
^It wasn't meant to be.

So you just threw something out there to intentionally distract?
sengland
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: Elk Creek "Tubes" posted??????? 2013/10/17 21:43:35 (permalink)
So did the bait shop in question give up on guiding on this stretch of river? According to their site is has "Our guides will stick to public access from now on"?
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Elk Creek "Tubes" posted??????? 2013/10/18 05:46:30 (permalink)
Cold
DarDys
^It wasn't meant to be.

So you just threw something out there to intentionally distract?

Just trying to lighten the mood by being as absurd as asking someone to move from their residence so that a person that paid a whopping $20 can use the property that said $20 granted them some God-given right to do so.

wirenut45
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 152
Re: Elk Creek "Tubes" posted??????? 2013/10/18 09:18:32 (permalink)
unless i,m missing something here, the law sez the person who owns the banks on this stream, also own the streambed, so wading from public land does not apply.even within the high-water boundary. also, changing pa. law won,t help, since U.S. Constitution sez no takings without recompence. a fair lawyer would tie this up ,til we,re all dust. also if these rights are worth so much pa. can,t compete , where,s the money come from to eminent domain them? some ones gotta pay.
neaphyte
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 101
Re: Elk Creek "Tubes" posted??????? 2013/10/23 22:16:51 (permalink)
Just thought I would take  a minute and let  those of you who gave me some advice about streamer fishing the kings/silvers I made it up their twice fished three day and had an enjoyable time.  Alot of fish and surprisingly not really crowded!  Mixed results swinging flies in a traditional manner, it didn't snag many fish but using a an unweighted fly I was not getting deep enough I guess, and even an intermediate sink tip hung up too often. I broke down and started "short" swinging streamers to visible, holding fish and did well. My son was able to hook several fish and landed a few big bucks.  I must admit i really enjoyed the fishing and found those fisherman around us friendly and accomodating when we hooked a fish. I think i may return for salmon again next Sept.  But I'll be up steelheading next week. 

Asking your opinion on a single handed steelhead rod. I have put my Sage 99 into storage and vowed not  to use it. Fishing  some other rods i have that rarely get used. I am finding all these "fast"action rods I have bought may be too fast and not able to absorb those first frantic moments a big chromer always supplies when hooked. Tips are not soft enough. I have hooked approxamately a dozen adult fish this season so far and only been able to close the deal on 4-5.  All others broke me off. I use Rio 3x tippet as I have done for years with much better results. So I'm thinking this is a good reason for a new rod. Does anybody fish the Winston Boron rods for steel and what are the reviews.  Would really like to get a Winston again. What do you think?

D-nymph
Pro Angler
Re: Elk Creek "Tubes" posted??????? 2013/10/24 11:22:58 (permalink)
neaphyte

Asking your opinion on a single handed steelhead rod. I have put my Sage 99 into storage and vowed not  to use it. Fishing  some other rods i have that rarely get used. I am finding all these "fast"action rods I have bought may be too fast and not able to absorb those first frantic moments a big chromer always supplies when hooked. Tips are not soft enough. I have hooked approxamately a dozen adult fish this season so far and only been able to close the deal on 4-5.  All others broke me off. I use Rio 3x tippet as I have done for years with much better results. So I'm thinking this is a good reason for a new rod. Does anybody fish the Winston Boron rods for steel and what are the reviews.  Would really like to get a Winston again. What do you think?

It's not the rod, it's the tippet being too light.  Use 1x or 15-20lb fluorocarbon even.  Streamers, on a tight line, is not like nymph fishing. 
Page: << < ..6789 > Showing page 7 of 9
Jump to: