AnsweredHot!Weather thread

Page: << < ..111112113114115.. > >> Showing page 112 of 199
Author
hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
  • Reward points: 0
Re:Weather thread 2015/10/18 09:08:02 (permalink)
Well good to hear that everyone is getting a taste of winter and getting out .
At least the wind chilled out last night and the game is active today

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re:Weather thread 2015/10/18 10:25:18 (permalink)
Fichy thems some great pictures, thanks for sharing and, the story of taking mom on a "leaf peeping tour"............. perfect!  Congrats on the Brown, that's one for the memory album.

The pictures of the valley, hills and, leaves sure did bring back some sweet memories of when "I sailed the, concrete oceans and, asphalt seas where; the hills and valleys were waves to me".  Spent many a weekend trailer trucking the highways and byways through PA., NY., CT., on my  to Chicopee Mass.  

No better time 'having' to be in my office, then this time of the year.

I gotta get, need to to cut some firewood and; I promised the wife she could use her birthday present early this year.  Just want to make sure it starts easy for her.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

dimebrite2
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1625
Re:Weather thread 2015/10/18 15:41:00 (permalink)
Great pics charlie!!! Clint we had about 2 this morning. All gone now but noticed the lake effect front rolling this morning just to the south of me. Village Pulaski got nothing...truck stop and south seemed to have been ground zero. Knew it would hit somewhere... 29 farenheit over a warm lake always starts the machine up :)
fichy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1896
Re:Weather thread 2015/10/19 07:17:15 (permalink)
Made it to 20. Early winter?  You're right Andy, that snow machine might start cranking. I got caught in early Nov.  last winter in a horrible situation with tons of frozen slush on the road and the car. It was hairy. Hadn't put the studded tires on yet.
post edited by fichy - 2015/10/19 07:18:25
Clint S
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3706
Re:Weather thread 2015/10/19 17:47:15 (permalink)

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

troutbum21
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1301
Re:Weather thread 2015/10/19 18:26:13 (permalink)
I wish we had that snow cover on top of HT's mountain to see where the brown buggers were holed up this past weekend.  Less leaves and more ground cover makes it easier until the deer realize they are no longer invisible.  Lol.   
The bitter cold and wind made camping in my mid 1970's Morsan's canvas drill tent tough.  I'm getting soft in my advanced years!   
post edited by troutbum21 - 2015/10/20 12:12:13
pafisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3000
Re:Weather thread 2015/10/19 18:37:46 (permalink)
Clint S

Too EARLY for that,I would rather look at gold and red!
Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/10/22 19:52:49 (permalink)
Supposed to get rain the last two days and little to none. Read a report on a site saying there is a very shallow pool right after the estuary that is limiting the fish (steel) wanting to run through it.

On a side note after a three hour wait and a 7 minute consult. There is nothing physically wrong with my cervical spine. He did take the time to go over every disc space  on the ct .  Culprit for my pain is probably due to the immobility of the 5/6 putting more strain on everything else.   No future visits needed. They did co my parking and save me $7

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

uglyfish
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 561
Re:Weather thread 2015/10/22 20:16:50 (permalink)
Glad to hear Clint. I think more fishing will help the recovery.
twobob
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1674
Re:Weather thread 2015/10/23 04:02:14 (permalink)
Couple hours of steady rain Wed  Thurs nights in Pulaski.
Funny yesterday it rained pretty good at the mobile steelhead lodge overnight.
Rained in Altmar first thing in the morn when I was watching.
Then when driving to Pulaski for coffee and  um read the paper at Micky's it was totally dry around the comfort zone if anybody knows where that is. ;).
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/10/25 14:53:34 (permalink)
Made it out for 2 hr.s today and started the chore of wood cutting for keeping the man cave nice and cozy this winter.  Cut two dead falls that the beavers downed last year and the way I figure it; if a cord of wood is 4'x4'x8' then I have 1/4 cord of wood for winter.  At that rate, I'm thinking the electric bill will be a bit higher this winter or I won't be spending much time in the mancave come cold weather!
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2015/10/25 18:52:08

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/10/25 15:06:30 (permalink)
I did the chores yesterday, cleaned the woodstove and pipes , cleaned the pellet stoves and picked up 2 of the 9 tons ( 3 families) of pellets we have.
Started all heating stoves to begin the season. As for wood , I also shuffled some wood into the man cave . I have about 2 cord stacked and seasoned ( my house ) with a walk around my woods I can scab up another cord or so of standing dead hardwood.
Yesterday was great weather for playing outside, today is rainy, windy and just gloomy, good day to sit by the fire and watch football

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/10/25 17:32:26 (permalink)
Been burning on an off for two weeks now. Yesterday started cold and warmed  up a bit with not much rain until dark. I did go out and got a ho, and there were very few fish around. Rained on and off today and the sun came out around 430. Got the plow on the truck and put the boat away for the year. Wheeler is giving me fits only runs well when the choke is on and backfires through the carb. Once it is warmed up fully it runs a bit better, but still backfires and may or may not need choke. It's only at low speeds so guessing it is a plugged jet in the carb. Will see what the shop will charge as I have the knowledge but not the ambition. If they sound reasonable I will have them adjust the valves. Too. If not goodbye to a weekend day.........

fichy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1896
Re:Weather thread 2015/10/25 19:52:41 (permalink)
The ho really colored up?  Glad you got it. Wonder if there's still some trickling in, like RG said they use to be some really late ones.
Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/10/25 20:17:26 (permalink)
It was not, just a small bit of orange starting on the belly, almost looked like another hybrid.

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/10/25 20:37:38 (permalink)
putting this here as not to confuse the photo contest thread but
BTDT, don't discount the power of those crawfish hot-n-tots , they catch more then just bobbers :)
The eyes on the Mohawk River love them:

Cool deal on the Ho Clint, I wonder what Jack's secret spot is holding right about now

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/10/26 10:51:13 (permalink)
HT I would of much rather had what your holding than what I caught, for sure.   Nice! 

If someone would have been video taping me from the time my fishing rod bent over (trolling), through the excitement of the retrieve and, had a close up of my face when that bobber first popped to the surface,  it would probably go viral on the internet!  I didn't know whether to laugh or, stomp my feet and throw a temper tantrum! 

Sure had some heavy frost on the pumpkins at my place this morning.  Weather dude had predicted a low of 35 for my little piece of Penn's Woods this morning and according to my temperature gauge the dude only missed by 7 degrees as we had 28.  No surprise about the temperature difference as one can see changes on your vehicle OAT readout as you drive but a mile over gentle rolling hills.

Today looks to be the only day of sun and blue skies as the rest of the week looks to be both windy and plenty wet.  I'm seeing 1 to 2" of rain forecast for many areas including NW New York.  Hope the rain is gentle and produces some great fishing on the tribs and doesn't cause a complete blowout.

Gotta git....... I hear my boat callin my name! 

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/10/27 10:25:17 (permalink)
Thought I'd through this out bright and early this mid-morning for those that haven't seen it yet:  http://www.weather.com/forecast/national/news/winter-2015-2016-what-to-expect

Disclaimer:  Portions of some programing, may contain +++ drama and should not be viewed by those becoming easily disgruntled, irritated and/or, suffering from Coulrophobia.   

pafisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3000
Re:Weather thread 2015/10/28 10:57:42 (permalink)
Finally getting some rain along the Erie water shed,maybe there will be some water when I get back here in Nov.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/10/28 12:18:59 (permalink)
Wind trucking past the house at 13 mph gusting to 20 mph creating horizontal rain.  Weather dude says we can expect 20 mph wind and rain thru much of the afternoon into the night with winds dropping back to around 14 mph.

Not likely to sit in my highchair playing Rock-a-Bye BTDT with this wind and I'm pretty sure the chop on Pymie is a little more than needed so, it's off to the man cave.

Bought a new round-head jig mold (1/8 to 1/4) and I've been wanting to tie up some bucktails  so, I'm thinkin this just might be the day to do it.

Gotta go fire up the lead pot and maybe dye some of the deer hair; the better half likes the color orange.   I know it sounds like I'm pushing it but, I still have 1 1/2 days til the wife's birthday.

Hope this weather ends with some good fishing for yinz guys mup-north fishing the tribs!

Remember the pix!

uglyfish
Expert Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/10/28 21:09:14 (permalink)
Very interesting fishing conditions today. Leaves,wind,rain but some good tugs on the line. Not bad but time to dry everything out
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/10/30 08:33:38 (permalink)
Raining and 42 degrees as I sit in my favorite deer stand this early AM, or 'somewhat' close to early.  Weather Channel dudes say cloudy and a bit cooler today but, there won't be that stupid wind and, that's quite allllright with me.

Pretty quiet on the boards this morning so, I'm thinkin the rain the past few days may have set the stage for some really good 'catching' on the 'tribs' this morning.  Here's hoping it is;  yinz need some gooder days mup north to get on the water and have some fun without the sun.

The rain and difference in the wind in my little piece of Penn's Woods should produce some great conditions for hunting Mr. or Mrs. White-Tail or, upland game.  I'll bet the fellas with dogs are just having a ball watching their best hunting partners work fresh scent and trails left by the bunnies and birds.

As for me, I'm thinking about tip toeing through the trees and see if I can meet, 'eye-to-eye' the elusive PA. buck and, extend a hardy invitation to my freezer.

Happy harvesting.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2015/10/30 10:58:22

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/11/05 18:53:16 (permalink)
while the weather has been pretty nice, it's just to warm for my liking this time of year.. the Deer are lazy and the ice is non existent..
My sprits are low as well.. After 3 episodes, gads of tests I finally got a diagnosis .. Transient Ischemic Attack.
Not enough blockage to warrant a stent .. thinners , BP meds , counseling and of course healthy lifestyle to prevent the Big One Elizabeth

uglyfish
Expert Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/11/05 19:29:58 (permalink)
Caught earlier enough that is the important thing. Last thing you need is the big one only time that's is good is when it's on the end of your rod. Get better
Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/11/12 19:56:26 (permalink)
Well hopefully this rain will bump up flows enough to bring some fish in. Either Oswego or the river Monday for me I think.

r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3067
Re:Weather thread 2015/11/12 20:15:35 (permalink)
I don't think anything is bringing a lot of fish in - gotta face it-there aint a lot of fish out there.
Perhaps a small pod or two that are made to look like a big deal and  -HOT- to bring in some business like a week or two back but that's about it.
Still think they aren't gonna stay in the river till April to spawn with no protein there to sustain them over the Winter.
Think they will get out and hopefully some come back in the spring to spawn.
Last year was poor but this year has shown that the fishery is in deep trouble IMHO.
post edited by r3g3 - 2015/11/12 20:17:05
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/11/12 20:52:31 (permalink)
Let's hope the weather gives the lake system a much needed recovery .
River is getting pounded hard with all this lower flow . Most are getting roped or continually caught & stressed to death .
I think it's going to be a few years and the steelhead will be the hardest hit

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/11/15 18:00:12 (permalink)
Weather was great today. I cut a new window in the barn a shored it up a bit. The back part of our barn has been sagging more and more. We do what we can but I know it's years are numbered. We slaughtered our hogs today. A guy came and did it. I have a hard time pulling the trigger on thing I raise, but it is part of the life. Besides for $20 he came and took them to his shop for cutting. 

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/11/15 23:42:51 (permalink)
Gorgeous in my neck of the woods too Clint, tomorrow looking to be just as sweet.  Got my icicle lights up today and my gutters cleaned out.   Be hitting the water tomorrow for a little R & R, may be the last trip in the boat this season.

Enjoy that bacon.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/11/18 17:13:13 (permalink)
Busy today trying to catch up on the honey-do list and getting a bit more firewood in.   Weather dude projecting our first snow this coming Sunday and mentions the L word.  Lake effect snow expected to fire-up Sunday and could bring accumulating snow for some folks of NE OH, NW PA and, New York. 

Sunday

Sunday's Forecast
Blue areas indicate areas of forecast snow, pink indicates either rain or snow, and green indicates rain.

Lake-effect snow will linger in the Great Lakes snowbelts, possibly heavy south of Buffalo, New York, and north of Syracuse toward Oswego, New York, and the Tug Hill Plateau. 
A brief round of snow is also possible in the mountains of northern New England before ending.
Gusty winds may persist around the eastern Great Lakes and New England.
(MORE: Winter Storm Central)
This winter weather event is still evolving so check back for updates and for the latest forecast.

Page: << < ..111112113114115.. > >> Showing page 112 of 199
Jump to: