Locked3 rods for Pa.

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
bigtrout4x4
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 219
  • Reward points: 0
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 16:53:19 (permalink)
i can only see the new rule fitting for certain types of fisherman, the carp/cat and the boating community that is trolling. My personal thought about using 3 rods for crappie, trout-ponds/still water is just plain nonsense. the negativity towards dr. troualt is completely justified, many people will agree with me and some will disagree. that is why opinions are great. My only problem with dr. trout is that 100% of the hunting/fishing communitys opinions are wrong, unless they agree with him.
post edited by bigtrout4x4 - 2010/08/12 17:01:02
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4417
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 16:55:22 (permalink)
WF...

I agree, I was just thinking fishing.. there are too many different rules for hunting too...
but that's another subject...

What's some of the reasons you guys are not happy with two rods and need that third one ?????

Are you going to be happy when you show up at the trout stream or shoreline and I have 20 feet of space taken up with my three rods.. some of you are going top be peeved...and are just going to go crashing in and what happens == happens..

and that is one of the things the commissioners and law enforcement were worried about happening...
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 16:59:44 (permalink)
bigtrout4X4 wrote --

the negativity towards dr. troualt is completely justified, many people will agree with me and some will disagree. that is why opinions are great.

different opinions are great and I try to respect that.. it's this sort of stuff that separates the MEN from the BOYS ... and adds nothing and has nothing to do with different opinions..

it's just == let's see how far I can push the insults....

wow, someone woke the sleeping jack****.
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2010/08/12 17:01:23
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 17:02:20 (permalink)
And the law could be written so the bucket brigade doesn't have to put up with it....

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

Mountian Man
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4118
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 17:05:45 (permalink)
I thought Dr. Trout was done with this forum awhile back....

why reply and bring more attention to what I write ???

I guess you just can't stand someone who disagees with your your opinions.. that's a shame... surrounding one's self with only those that agree with them 100%

BORING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are people that agree with me 100%?? I'm very shocked by that O_O If we are talking about just me in general...

post edited by Mountian Man - 2010/08/12 17:07:12

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
ShutUpNFish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3834
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 17:06:22 (permalink)
Common sense should be used in a proposal as well as presenting a new law....oh wait, common sense and PA don't come anywhere close to being hand in hand...lol  But, of course, 3 rods would be too many on the streams and lake banks; however welcomed/well utilized by the trollers...IMO who cares how many rods are used especially when there are bag limits especially while trolling lake Erie.  If anyone thinks they can handle 3 rods comfortably then go for it....all I need is one on the rivers. 
bigtrout4x4
Avid Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 17:11:52 (permalink)
okay from you past posts dr. trout, you agree that 3 rods would be fine coming from a carp/cat fisherman, or from a trolling boat. Well now that we found a small line of agreement, lets build on that!!! Now a man of your position has a little more leverage than us peeons, so it would be nice if you could be a voice for the fishing community instead of just saying this rule change is obsurd. Voice something small that your for in the meetings, as in like a time rule change--late night to early morning, or for something small as a species rod rule change(catfish only). that dr. trout is how you gain respect and diminish the insults from most of the fishing community. JUST SAYIN
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 17:12:46 (permalink)
And the law could be written so the bucket brigade doesn't have to put up with it....

That's my point

make a law then start listing all the exceptions and conditions...

Only certain times during trout season..
only on boats of certain sizes..
only during certain seasons..
based on the number of people in the boat..

Are we or are we not going to allow three along rivers and lake shorelines or fishing peiers ??

How much space is an angler allowed to have along the shore ..

different lengths of space depending on if there's lots of shoreline or just a little...

or let's get real discriminatory and say only people with boats can use three rods...

there goes alot of those carp/cat anglers right there...

maybe make it that only three can be used for carp and cats... that way I can use three on the Clarion and if questioned when that smallmouths comes in that I was not fishing for smallmouths and will release it qucikly and safely....

sorry to make you "pro" guys so upset --- but I just do NOT see the need for a third rod ?????

Mountian Man
Pro Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 17:19:46 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Dr. Trout

What's some of the reasons you guys are not happy with two rods and need that third one ?????

Are you going to be happy when you show up at the trout stream or shoreline and I have 20 feet of space taken up with my three rods.. some of you are going top be peeved...and are just going to go crashing in and what happens == happens..

As a euro-style angler that third rod could mean the next personal best carp, pike, or cat Allowing me to try more things at once. When I fish three rods in Maryland on my setups they are only spaced 5" apart for each rod on the 15" total length buzzbar for three rods lol... I take a little chunk of shoreline

I notice how this convo always mentions trout waters and three poles, like there isn't fights and other crap on opening day madness already every year

post edited by Mountian Man - 2010/08/12 17:21:49

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 17:20:10 (permalink)
How far do you stretch your 2 rods out ???
Just make 3 fit in the same space...

As stated above common sense would have to play a role.....
Only folks I see against it are the stream trout fishermen, many of them only use one rod now and their allowed 2.

As far as the law it needn't be complicated at all...

2 rods on approved trout waters period or for a better compromise after Memorial day when most of the stocking and the bucket fishermen are done for the year...

All lakes and rivers 3 rods....

Very simple...

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 17:22:17 (permalink)
I could never gain repsect from many here... to them this palce is a joke and just post things to "flame" and I am the target for many...

Voice something small that your for in the meetings, as in like a time rule change--late night to early morning, or for something small as a species rod rule change(catfish only). that dr. trout is how you gain respect and diminish the insults from most of the fishing community. JUST SAYIN

You were not at the meeting so have no idea what I may have said or did not say.... so again just adding your dislike for me into your assumptions...

I answered the questions I was asked... #1 I had no idea when I went there I would be involved in any discussions.. and I saw and see no reason for three rods.

Now had they asked me about trout fishing or thwe problems at Kyle Lake I coudl have added lots of little suggestions... but that was not the case...
Mountian Man
Pro Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 17:25:05 (permalink)
I saw and see no reason for three rods.

As a euro-style angler that third rod could mean the next personal best carp, pike, or cat Allowing me to try more things at once. When I fish three rods in Maryland on my setups they are only spaced 5" apart for each rod on the 15" total length buzzbar for three rods lol... I take a little chunk of shoreline

Posted again

Now explain why I couldn't use three rods in my pursuits? I'm not hurting a **** thing maybe a few channel cats for the frier....
post edited by Mountian Man - 2010/08/12 17:26:58

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
bigtrout4x4
Avid Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 17:26:00 (permalink)
EXACTLY, all of the valid points and thoughts have been thrown out that were listed at the beginning of this thread. its not like a rule change has to be carried out forever, change is sometimes good. HMMM let me recall a rule change that has caused bad results, O YA doe season for 2 full weeks, IT IS CALLED TEMPORARY CHANGE.
bigtrout4x4
Avid Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 17:33:05 (permalink)
BINGS you are correct it is simple, mountain man you are correct--the fish commision just not want to confront the piece of crap that is taking up 30 feet of shoreline with 3 rods.
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 17:42:55 (permalink)
I could never gain respect from many here... and I certainly would not agree with many just to do that to them this place is a joke and they just post things to "flame" and I am the target for many... and they add nothing to the discussions except their insults...

Voice something small that your for in the meetings, as in like a time rule change--late night to early morning, or for something small as a species rod rule change(catfish only). that dr. trout is how you gain respect and diminish the insults from most of the fishing community. JUST SAYIN

""from most of the fishing community"" has no idea who Dr. Trout is... those that do know me don't insult me and we are sociable even if we disagree... many of the members here (that post here) having the opposite opinion just insult rather than discuss.. others that do agree with some of what I post don't want the insults so they just read the boards...look at the old timers still here thread... see how many have written they do not post because of the insulting be allowed here... I try to post when I see something that is not right or that I have an opposing view on .. this started by an accusation that the folks wanting three rods were not heard or given consideration and I wanted to correct that statement.... and as usual it has turned into me versus them thread....

You were not at the meeting so have no idea what I may have said or did not say.... so again just adding your dislike for me into your assumptions...

I answered the questions I was asked... #1 I had no idea when I went there I would be involved in any discussions.. and I saw and see no reason for three rods which is what I was asked to comment on ...

Now had they asked me about trout fishing or the problems at Kyle Lake I could have added lots of little suggestions... but that was not the case...

They talked about "some" carp and catfish anglers bringing the idea up at the preceeding meeting in Harrisburg.. there were no comments about boats, time limits, etc

basically it was those few anglers suggestion... shore line fishing and what we thought of that idea...

thus I made the comments I have already mentioned ..

"""I see no reason for three rods and can only imagine the scene when someone shows up at their favorite fishing spot and sees two guys with six pole strung out 50 feet along the shore and no place left to fish...."""
"""I mean there are fights at North Park Lake in Pittsburgh every year because of not enough space with a two rod limit....""

""It would ceate a nightmare for many Pa. anglers for the sake of a few carp/catfish anglers wanting three rods instead of just two.. they should be happy it isn't just one"""
Mountian Man
Pro Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 17:52:10 (permalink)
sees two guys with six pole strung out 50 feet along the shore and no place left to fish...."""

Then maybe the wardens should do there job...Just sayin'

Hell let's think if it's $10 but let's make it $15 for a third rod stamp they could use it to hired people as wardens, create a rule on how far the rods can be spaced, and now have people to enforce said rule on those hogging bank space

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 17:54:07 (permalink)
MM..
When I fish three rods in Maryland on my setups they are only spaced 5" apart for each rod on the 15" total length buzzbar for three rods lol... I take a little chunk of shoreline

That is all well and good... and I can see your point... you use very little space...

however do you think for ONE MINUTE folks in Pa would feel the same...

I have no idea where some of you guys go hunting and fishing... I see slobs almost every time out...

Guys with a rod on the "forked stick" still fishing and they have waded 30 feet out in the river throwing spinners....
guys take 5 trout to the car then moving to the next bridge down or some even brave enough to return to the same spot.....

Why I have even see guys on opening day still fishing for trout that have about 10 feet of space with their two rods....and they usually end up in a fighting situation..

MM... tip of the hat.. I trust you would do exactly as you say.. but in my experiences you would be the exception not the general rule....

My predictions about conflicts along the shore line would be the "norm"

Read some of the steelhead fishing threads if you do not believe there would be conflicts....

SUGGESTION.... when this is brought up again (if it is and has more support than the last time)
those bringing it up need to make a list of the exceptions, restrictions, etc... not just ask for an across the board increase to three rods.....

DONE NOW on this topic for now....
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2010/08/12 18:01:50
bigtrout4x4
Avid Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 17:55:49 (permalink)
"sleeping jack****" wooops i just got overly excited, and missed reading your mindbending posts.
kill3ducks1deer
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 699
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 18:08:48 (permalink)
When catfish and carp fishing the more baits out the more success you will have, so yes 3 rods would actually help. And in a boat it should be up to the person, if they cant handle three rods, they should only use two, some people cant even handle two so they only use one, but for those fisherman that are skilled enough i dont see any reason why they shouldnt be allowed too use them

"Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it." Ed Zern
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 18:32:36 (permalink)
gheeez.. I just can't get away...

I see the reasoning behind the carp and catfish advantage GUYS !!!!

Never said I didn't....

But there is no way to limit it to carp and catfishing....

as I mentioned everyone will just use three rods and take up the allotted space and say they are fishing for catfish or carp ...

what is that carp or catfish angler going to do the night he pulls in a 26 walleye while using 3 rods... turn it lose because it is not a carp or catfish.. you all know dang well he won't....

so the trout, bass, pike, walleye, perch, etc anglers will use three rods and not throw back any either...

If the WCO comes along I'll just put one rod up and say I was only using two..or that when I caught the walleye on the stringer I was only using two poles...

Seeeeeeeeeee ... can you even begin to image how many WCO it would take to control all the shorelines in Pa??????

almost impossible to enforce...

so it would be three rod for all shore anglers and the conflicts would start.....

ON BOATS .. make the suggestion and maybe I'll support JUST THAT !!!
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2010/08/12 18:35:30
Cold
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7358
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 19:23:17 (permalink)
dr trout,

Just stop posting here like you always say you're going to do when the entire site reminds you that nobody here likes you. We like it better when you don't post.
Mountian Man
Pro Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 19:52:06 (permalink)
Let's talk shoez instead...

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
bigtrout4x4
Avid Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 19:54:59 (permalink)
+1  aa aa aa  +2 aa aa aa +3 aa aa aa  sorry mountain man--i would but i wear boots!!
post edited by bigtrout4x4 - 2010/08/12 19:56:08
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 20:08:38 (permalink)
Just stop posting here like you always say you're going to do when the entire site reminds you that nobody here likes you. We like it better when you don't post.

WOW "cold" you are the new spokesman for the ENTIRE SITE... or just those from the Clarion River Fishing picnic ???

Let's see if I get you and your "buddies" right... ???

it's okay to post and agree with a topic... if you do not agree ...do not post.. or put up with insults...

Is that it ????

let's see.. that's what I was told in the hunting forums.....

How they doing after I and OTHERS quit posting there...???

in the past 14 days the general hunting has less than 5 posts a day !!!!!

In the past 26 days Big Game (except for a big discussion about doe tags of 205 posts) it is getting less than 4 posts a day...

That's what happens when a few control what is posted.. they do not want to insult or disagree with each other so the forum goes dead.... anyone with a different opinion stops posting.. and just reads about a bunch of guys who all agree on a topic..

great future there ....

Had I not responded with the other side of this topic it too would be dead now, instead of a place for those controlling the board to throw insults rather than add to the discussion.

Cold
Pro Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 20:12:57 (permalink)
Is that it ????

No. You didn't read my post, or didn't understand its advanced language. Allow me to try again: you said you were going to stop posting. Please do.
Mountian Man
Pro Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 20:18:39 (permalink)
Alright who replaced my lash adhesive with super glue

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 20:23:29 (permalink)
I CHANGED MY MIND ... AGAIN...

too many great guys here who never post but do drop e-mails and private messages...

For people to make decisions I think it only fair that both sides of arguments or discussions are presented...

a very small number of members here do not want that to be the case and can not contribute to a discussion so they try to insult the poster to get them to quit or at best to stop posting.... just as you have suggested...

If you check I think you will find that I have been posting on the board but not in the hunting sections .. The "Dr Trout Haters" have destroyed those sections for most of the members here... It's just a place to stop every couple days and see who is agreeing with who ... and other than viewing some new trail cam photos will learn NOTHING about hunting....
Cold
Pro Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 20:29:22 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Mountian Man

Alright who replaced my lash adhesive with super glue

Sorry, dUUd. I wondered why my flies were falling apart.
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 20:29:50 (permalink)
Oooooooooooooopppppssssssssssssss

I made mistake.. I have posted in the hunting sections since my rant about quiting...

of the 5 whole topics in general hunting one of them is mine !!!!
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2010/08/12 20:30:51
accordbw
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 374
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 20:32:55 (permalink)
Well I am the other angler who proposed this in the beginning as well. I will say Mr Trout can share his opinion as anyone else. Just because most don't agree with it doesn't mean he can't speak. I will answer his questions, my ideas and logic on this.

""It would ceate a nightmare for many Pa. anglers for the sake of a few carp/catfish anglers wanting three rods instead of just two.. they should be happy it isn't just one"""

I will start off with this being narrow minded on the way the game commission is. Most anglers are hardcore about one specie is seems and pretty much say screw everything else. I have seen it all the time but myself appreciate all species of fish no matter the size and basically enjoy the time spent outdoors.

I will say life is fast paced and when I do have time to fish I want to increase my odds so I thought 3 rods would be a nice start. Now you have cut a few people down acting like they don't know what they are doing with 2 rods. I do just fine with two rods but I don't care who you are there is always a time when it slows down and a 3rd rod would allow me to hone in on the bait or lure that is working quicker than two rods.

One other reason I thought would be nice is when I fish I am just not throwing out bait hoping for the best. I am specifically targetting a certain specie of fish with two rods. Sometimes when I am out I feel like a 3rd rod would allow me to fish for something else of a different specie to mix things up a little bit.You mention anglers taking up an entire bankspace. I forget what the law is but don't you have to be within 20 feet of your pole? That only gives you a 20 foot window and in all honesty when I fish 2 rods they are close together and a 3rd rod would be the same.

You say the laws are so hard to keep up with if a 3rd rod would be recognized. All I see is lazyiness on who would enforce it. The limits would not change so no further enforcement rules needed there and an officer could clearly see a 3rd rod with a scope and see you have a PA license present. We did after the 1st meeting talk about it some and felt a possibility of not having a 3rd rod on trout approved waters to avoid over crowding especially around season openers and to enforce that it clearly shows in the rule book which areas are trout approved so then again its no further literature that needs rewritten but only enforcement would need to know this simple rule.

I see guys trolling all the time with 6 rods per person and they never get in trouble for it.I want to fish 3 rods legally and not break a rule. Whats so hard about trying to be honest and going about it the right way instead of sneaking around fishing 3 or more rods.

I also notice many neighboring states such as maryland,michigan and I believe new jersey among others have 3 rods already so would it not be in PA's best interest to compete with these states so out of state license sales would not decrease and only increase because it would be more appealing. Most of us know our favorite spots on a water but if a new anglers to our state pays that high price for a license why not give him the same chance to adapting to the water quicker as there state does?
post edited by accordbw - 2010/08/12 20:35:30
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to: