Guide on the Tribs

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Rainbow1
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 38
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Guide on the Tribs 2007/09/08 16:59:33 (permalink)
If Mike did write an article it would have a better chance of being published than yours. The publishers may lose a substantial number of subscribers if they were to publish your articles now. Even if you were separated from the SRC and DB.
Grendel
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1675
RE: Guide on the Tribs 2007/09/08 21:57:29 (permalink)
Whichever guide you decide on, make sure they know how to count fish.  That could be VERY important.

Doc

The strength of a person isn't measured by the muscle in their arm or how tall they stand, but rather, by the amount of knowledge and area of versatility they can cover. CM ~ 1987

Not a fan of Burgh teams. Get over it...
Cr Critter
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 69
RE: Guide on the Tribs 2007/09/09 07:21:58 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: flyfisherie

Yeah, you knew it was coming. Thought I'd increase Dan's hit rate for a few days. First of all, let me offer you this senario.

I'm a fly fishing guide with a family and bills to pay. It is my intention to give them as good a life as possible within my career choice. A business entity offers you a certain amount of days at such and such a price per season plus tip with no questions asked. Take care of our clients, make your money, and when you dont work for us, feel free to do your own thing.  

Many people have accused me of selling out and selling my soul. You know, when it really comes down to the nitty gritty, IT IS all about making money in whatever proffession you choose and I'm not going to balk at that. Right Gary? I gave my soul to this fishery for more than 8 years of my life and all I got out of it was a knife in the back. Still, many of the positive initiatives currently being undertaken were started by me. Yeah, me. I shouldnt need to provide documentation. So, it's about time I started taking care of numero uno, dos and tres. 

While I appreciate the extra work that Spring Ridge Club has provided, I'm still an independant guide who works for himself. Nobody within the Tri-State area books more fly fishing trips than I do, and thats something that has taken years for me to accomplish. As far as fishing private property, I've always been able to fish private property. I live here, I respect private property owners rights, it's my perogative, it's my initiative. 

I'm still just one of many good, proffessional guides in the region who have an absolute blast at doing what they do. I'm a lucky guy and it has been a blessing. Have a great steelhead season.

Keep Em' Bent, Karl

The #1 sell-out guide in the region is more like it.  Read his own words.

flyfisherie
Total Posts: 806

posted on 25-Sep-2006 9:21:46 PM
OK. Here's the scoop. First let me tell you that I'm a flyfishing guide. It's all I do. It's about the only thing I was ever half assed good at doing. I've been blessed and lucky enough to build my business through hard work over many years. I actually dont have to hold down a "real" job anymore. My goal this past year was to book 100 days guiding steelhead and try to pull another 100 days guiding other species.

So this guy named Donny Beaver came to the area this past spring to meet several steelhead alley guides. I guided him on the Grand in Ohio and we caught a bunch of giant fish. So he asks me if I'd be interested in guiding some club members for steelhead and I accepted.
I was also able to guide through the summer in Central PA. Absolutely fantastic.

So yes, I'm on Donny's payroll as a guide. If he would like me to guide on private property I will. They have a seperate employee for leasing fishing access. It would be absurd to think I had the money to do so.

You know if half you guys would have used half this energy into pressuring the state to provide public access to the fishery none of this would have happened. I know I did my part and only got stabbed in the back for doing do. Enjoy your parking lot at Trout Run.

The gloves are off and your still swinging in dead air.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: