presque isle floating houses

Author
northparklake2
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 143
  • Reward points: 0
2007/08/27 16:10:09 (permalink)

presque isle floating houses

just wondering what the deal was? do people own these or rent them? any history to them? thanks

http://www.geocities.com/mpyingling22/northparklake.html

5 Replies Related Threads

T.T.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1656
    RE: presque isle floating houses 2007/08/27 16:19:53 (permalink)
    I would really like to put a silly comment here, but don't want to be called out for being a troll.  It hurt my feelings.

So, I'll give you the little I know.  I used to know someone who owned one with his brother.  They inherited it from their father, who had it for decades.  They used it for warm weather entertaining and just general "getting away", but I imagine some owners use them year-round.  The up-keep on them is very strict, as you would imagine.  We used to be able to fish inside the pond, but I'm not sure if it's still allowed.  It was great for pike and bass from the kayaks, but that was about 12 years ago.
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8561
    RE: presque isle floating houses 2007/08/27 16:21:48 (permalink)
    They are privately owned.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
    saltydog
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 286
    RE: presque isle floating houses 2007/08/27 17:17:56 (permalink)
    the houseboats are sweet!   i have caught dozens and dozens of largemouths all over horseshoe pond this year.  you cant fish off the docks during the summer, but who cares.  i think the houseboats stay in families for generations and generations.  i know if I willed it to my grandkids and they sold it, i would haunt them with everything i had. 
    2fish
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 58
    RE: presque isle floating houses 2007/08/28 02:55:29 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: T.T.

I would really like to put a silly comment here, but don't want to be called out for being a troll.  It hurt my feelings.

So, I'll give you the little I know.  I used to know someone who owned one with his brother.  They inherited it from their father, who had it for decades.  They used it for warm weather entertaining and just general "getting away", but I imagine some owners use them year-round.  The up-keep on them is very strict, as you would imagine.  We used to be able to fish inside the pond, but I'm not sure if it's still allowed.  It was great for pike and bass from the kayaks, but that was about 12 years ago.

L.O.L.      
    Didn't know that you was so sensitive brotha'
    B.T.W.   I hate the old twangy, cheatin', cry in your beer country music.
    Steve

Love 2fish
    Live 2fish
    Work in order to afford 2fish
    pgh_flytier
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 249
    RE: presque isle floating houses 2007/08/28 10:39:07 (permalink)
    I remember an article in the paper a few years ago about them. I think the state wanted to get them out, but there was a compromise and anyone there could stay, but there will never be any additional ones put in.
    Jump to: