May walleye Fishing..HELP!!!!

Author
Ragincajun94
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 47
  • Reward points: 0
2009/05/10 21:25:11 (permalink)

May walleye Fishing..HELP!!!!

I sooo need some help.  Last year I bought a 19' bass boat, couldn't be more fish crazy and happy.  I catch lots of northern pike trolling the shores but when my fish finder finds a school of walleye, I am lost at best.  I use every deep diving crankbait I can throw at them but can't catch anything.  They are about 15' deep and I even use banjo minnows but don't think I am getting to that depth.  How do I fish walleye?  No idea from northern NY.
post edited by Ragincajun94 - 2009/05/10 21:27:56

I always feel more alive when I am throwing my pole into a wet spot.

3 Replies Related Threads

Bogeyjoker
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1704
    RE: May walleye Fishing..HELP!!!! 2009/05/10 22:03:51 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Ragincajun94

I sooo need some help.  Last year I bought a 19' bass boat, couldn't be more fish crazy and happy.  I catch lots of northern pike trolling the shores but when my fish finder finds a school of walleye, I am lost at best.  I use every deep diving crankbait I can throw at them but can't catch anything.  They are about 15' deep and I even use banjo minnows but don't think I am getting to that depth.  How do I fish walleye?  No idea from northern NY.

Try dragging a 1/2 ounce jighead with either a twister tail, large shiner, or whole crawler, on the bottom.  If using a crawler (or leech), I prefer to use a jig with a stinger hook attachment for short strikers.

As the water warms, I prefer to pull crawler harnesses either on bottom bouncers or with dipsys...At the depth you are talking about, bottom bouncers would make much more sense.
        The key is to keep the bait on the bottom, at least during the day.  If you like to fish at night, casting larger floating raps off rocky points or bars works well too.
    rapala11
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6218
    RE: May walleye Fishing..HELP!!!! 2009/05/13 15:31:15 (permalink)
    if trolling alot, get a precision trolling guide.  when i boat fished, we would use this book with linecounter outfits and mono.  or you can pull leadcore with your cranks, also.

leadmen
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1001
    RE: May walleye Fishing..HELP!!!! 2009/05/15 05:35:24 (permalink)
    got to love a 1/4 with a green twister and a leach or minney and i wold try 2 leads with that not just one and not just a yellow twister lime green power grubb
    Jump to: