New to the Board

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
walleyehunter53
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 42
  • Reward points: 0
RE: New to the Board 2007/08/01 23:41:45 (permalink)
bail money u use 3 to 4 oz barral before the swivel? and why do u go out of northeast instead of in town at east ave. I here they have been hitting at shades  the last few. Isn't there any docks between east ave. and northeast?
Bail Money
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 20
RE: New to the Board 2007/08/02 11:04:00 (permalink)
At the end of the leadcore I have a barrell swivel and then I attach the weight to a 6 to 8 foot leader ( normally Floro ) depending on the length of the rod I have 8 footers.  I go out of North East because I live in harborcreek and the facilities are great traffic is light and the FCO's I have met there are nice. I have never had a problem there and its not that far of a run to get to shades and if your fishing the mountain its the closest, besides there are plenty of people who do very well on the East side.  I have run out of Walnut and Lampe and East I like to fish to relax and the Zoo on the west side doesnt appeal to me.  Thats why I stream fish on the East side as well.
Bail Money
New Angler
RE: New to the Board 2007/08/02 11:11:02 (permalink)
Sorry, there is a dock on Lakecliff drive I believe but its not maintained well and is for smaller boats and Jet Ski's. The Lawrence Park fishing club has a boat launch but I dont think its still running. If you have a (small aluminum boat you can launch right at Shades.   I dont think there are any others.   I tell you what try NE marina stop at Poor Richards east on the way get a fishing and water report, bait then let me know what you think. 
Hot fishchick
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: New to the Board 2007/08/02 12:37:52 (permalink)
Please be more specific with your answers. Alot of us lurkers need your wealth of info.
Bail Money
New Angler
RE: New to the Board 2007/08/02 12:44:19 (permalink)
I'll try
T.T.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1656
RE: New to the Board 2007/08/02 14:09:30 (permalink)
Thats why I stream fish on the East side as well.

You mean there are streams with room to fish on the East side of Erie?  Wow! 

At least, there was room.

Then again, it's not like there aren't maps available.  Hey, anybody got any GPS numbers to hand out?
griffon
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1104
RE: New to the Board 2007/08/02 14:32:19 (permalink)
There used to be a lot more room on the east side streams until a certain bait shop opened on the banks of one and began posting daily eastside reports.  Oh well, it was bound to happen sooner or later.  It is still a shame.
Bail Money
New Angler
RE: New to the Board 2007/08/02 14:40:47 (permalink)
OOOOO my gosh sorry to let the cat out of the bag on miles and miles of streams now we will have to share with other fisherman and women who paid for licenses and stamps.  There is nothing like watching someone catch their first steelie.  If there is someone where you were planning to fish walk a ways there are plenty of fish and if you release them there will be plenty for years and years to come.
spoonchucker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8561
RE: New to the Board 2007/08/02 14:49:16 (permalink)
Griffon,

You can not lay the blame for the crowds on any ONE thing. Fishing reports, internet, baitshops, magazine/newspaper articles, and word of mouth all played a part.  The biggest reason for the crowds, is a million big fish in streams that should hold less than half that amount. The PF&BC created a fishery, that by DESIGN would attract large numbers of anglers. I remember when few people fished anywhere south of rt. 5. Now these areas are crowded too. Some of that can be blamed on publicity, but for the most part the crowds on the lower end, simply drove folks to explore other areas. Simply put, a fishery such as we find on the tribs. will not, CAN NOT remain a secret long.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
griffon
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1104
RE: New to the Board 2007/08/02 14:54:10 (permalink)
Spoon, that was kind of my point.  It was going to happen eventually, but I sure do miss that fishery as recently as 5 years ago.  There can be no doubt that a new bait shop and the continual internet posts sped the process of overcrowding up exponentially.  Oh well, I have moved on and found other spots out of the way.  They will remain that way until someone exploits them and I will move again.  C'est La Vie.
Bail Money
New Angler
RE: New to the Board 2007/08/02 14:59:31 (permalink)
Ask yourself if you were opening a business would you put it next to 5 or 6 other businesses doing the same thing.  I wouldnt, I would put it where there was demand and no competition and provide accurate information to your customers.  I do wish there was less pressure I wish me and my friends were the only ones who knew there were steelhead in Erie but reality is more people can access information than ever before and we need to make the best of it as locals we need to set examples as far as what is acceptable behavior and help people out who ask or look like they might need it.  We all learned ehtical behavior somewhere.  If you want change start with yourself. 
T.T.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1656
RE: New to the Board 2007/08/02 15:17:57 (permalink)
Good post.  Except for...

We all learned ehtical behavior somewhere.

Some still don't get it, and they never will.

Bail Money
New Angler
RE: New to the Board 2007/08/02 15:37:00 (permalink)
I never said good ethics or bad ethics it depends where and from whom you learned them that is why I said we need to set the examples if you could change one persons attitude (for the better) in one season of fishing just think what the snowball effect could be.  Maybe I'm a hopeless optimist.  I get ****ed like anyone else when I get up early tie on a nymph start fishing catch one and have 2 people within 15' of me before I can get back to the spot I was at but what is saying something negative going to do.  Tell them what you caught it on give them pointers and hopefully they will do the same when they have success. 
leroy
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 12
RE: New to the Board 2007/08/02 23:24:43 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Bail Money

I never said good ethics or bad ethics it depends where and from whom you learned them that is why I said we need to set the examples if you could change one persons attitude (for the better) in one season of fishing just think what the snowball effect could be.  Maybe I'm a hopeless optimist.  I get ****ed like anyone else when I get up early tie on a nymph start fishing catch one and have 2 people within 15' of me before I can get back to the spot I was at but what is saying something negative going to do.  Tell them what you caught it on give them pointers and hopefully they will do the same when they have success. 

you be makin' my eyes water...
A lover of men, you be truly.
youngguru
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 681
RE: New to the Board 2007/08/02 23:54:46 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Hot fishchick

Please be more specific with your answers. Alot of us lurkers need your wealth of info.

hee hass a welth of nuthing
exsept ****ness

hot FshchiK howw old ar yu/
i wil fsh with yu iff yu wannt
wee cann go too onteario forr saman iff yu wannt
i cann pik yu upp in ery\
peesymik mite go iff hee cannt gett the bere
can yu/
walleyehunter53
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 42
RE: New to the Board 2007/08/03 09:08:55 (permalink)
I do fish out of northeast and I do like early in the season when theres not as many out there thanks for the info. on boat docks. like I said I have a old 16 foot fiberglass with a small motor9.9 I would like to find a 35 or close if u here of any. I use a small diver instead of weight.Do u have two leaders then one for weight and one for bagley or whatever? like a three way! Harbor creek is a nice place as well with all the east side of erie to the state line.
Raab
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 417
RE: New to the Board 2007/08/03 11:58:11 (permalink)
check out walleyehunter53, he"s got a biter.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: