Helpful ReplyHot!Trump 2024

Page: << < ..31323334 > Showing page 31 of 34
Author
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3425
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Trump 2024 2024/02/23 11:50:58 (permalink)
Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Attachment(s)

MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1939
Re: Trump 2024 2024/02/23 12:23:13 (permalink)
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna140073

Here are Tommy tubervile’s public comments on the Alabama ruling.

Maybe he should have stuck with football because it sounds like he is completely clueless when it comes to public policy in the state that elected him to the Senate.
snagr
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 503
Re: Trump 2024 2024/02/23 13:26:28 (permalink)
JerryS
snagr
JerryS
I just advocate moving the needle to include semi-auto rifles with large capacity magazines. 

How many bullets should the magazine of a semi auto rifle be limited to?

How bout handguns? Is a ten shot clip too much or just right?

Ten rounds makes sense since it is the standard min size already in production, and is not much different than other semi-auto hunting rifles.  Ten is also appropriate for handguns.  Handguns are not nearly as effective in killing as ARs and they have a justifiable need in society; personal protection.

What about hands and feet? They’re used more often in homicides than rifles are. What are we gonna do to keep hands out of the hands of bad guys?

Handguns account for around 45% of homicides in the US.
CTKsnowman
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 134
Re: Trump 2024 2024/02/23 13:27:32 (permalink)
JerryS
snagr
JerryS
I just advocate moving the needle to include semi-auto rifles with large capacity magazines. 

Ten rounds makes sense since it is the standard min size already in production, and is not much different than other semi-auto hunting rifles.  Ten is also appropriate for handguns.  Handguns are not nearly as effective in killing as ARs and they have a justifiable need in society; personal protection.

Curious to know, what is your level of experience is with semi-automatic weapons? (semi-auto rifles and pistols only)
And also curious to know, what is your level of experience is in regards to ballistics with different types of ammunition? 

Not trying to be combative or condescending just trying to understand my audience. 

Our society stigmatizes the mentally ill... and rightfully so, these people are nuts!
- Dale Gribble
JerryS
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 278
Re: Trump 2024 2024/02/23 17:47:26 (permalink)
CTKsnowman
JerryS
snagr
JerryS

Curious to know, what is your level of experience is with semi-automatic weapons? (semi-auto rifles and pistols only)
And also curious to know, what is your level of experience is in regards to ballistics with different types of ammunition? 

Not trying to be combative or condescending just trying to understand my audience. 

I'm good.  No need to school me on guns.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 907
Re: Trump 2024 2024/02/23 20:00:50 (permalink)
JerryS
DeadGator401

CTKsnowman
I would rather see aggressive enforcement, and prosecution for law violations already on the books. The National Firearms act has been in place since 1934, last night I saw several videos of teenagers in Chicago with full auto switches on their Glocks. Those kids were not 35 years old and I will wager a years salary they didn't fill out a form 4 with the ATF before purchase. 

A legit solution would be to have congress amend all the current gun laws verbiage from "up to" to "mandatory minimum" and then add ten additional years to the sentence.

That's my two cent's.  

Best post on the topic so far. 

Sorry, "just enforce the current gun laws" is more NRA propaganda. You can make them mandatory death sentence, but they are useless without the manpower to enforce them.

Only the ATF can enforce Federal gun laws. It is no secret that the GOP does not want current gun laws enforced. For decades they have fought any increase in ATF funding, and have even sponsored many bills to eliminate the ATF. They have enacted laws banning resources from other gov't agencies (FBI, etc..) from helping ATF enforcement. This is all due to NRA lobbying.

Due to the limited number of field agents (about 2500 across 50 states), the ATF relies on state and local police departments to help enforce Federal gun laws. Thanks again to NRA lobbying, many GOP states (one source states 16) have enacted laws that forbids state and local police from working with the ATF.

This is fine. Enforcement of said laws is a different topic than what they should be. I still think the laws should be stiffer, with harsher penalties. As I think Dardys said, make a larger human element to it. (Not that I agree with 50 year minimums.) 
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 907
Re: Trump 2024 2024/02/23 20:03:16 (permalink)
MyWar
snagr

Think critically and do a little reading and understand some of the cultural changes in regards to mental health that have happened in the last 20 years and maybe you’ll have a little better understanding of why our culture seems so much more violent than it used to.

Here’s another hole in that logic

Do they have weed and SSRIs in Canada? Australia? Europe? Japan? Why don't those countries see the same rates of gun violence that we do in the US? Or did you not know that they don’t (and it’s not even close)?

Also, do SSRIs make you numb? Or do they turn people into homicidal maniacs? Or are you arguing that they do both or …?

Did we ever get more on this topic? Why don't these mental health issues in other countries exist? Why don't they have the same rates of gun violence as the US?
psu_fish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3104
Re: Trump 2024 2024/02/26 15:55:35 (permalink)
DeadGator401
MyWar
snagr

Think critically and do a little reading and understand some of the cultural changes in regards to mental health that have happened in the last 20 years and maybe you’ll have a little better understanding of why our culture seems so much more violent than it used to.

Here’s another hole in that logic

Do they have weed and SSRIs in Canada? Australia? Europe? Japan? Why don't those countries see the same rates of gun violence that we do in the US? Or did you not know that they don’t (and it’s not even close)?

Also, do SSRIs make you numb? Or do they turn people into homicidal maniacs? Or are you arguing that they do both or …?

Did we ever get more on this topic? Why don't these mental health issues in other countries exist? Why don't they have the same rates of gun violence as the US?

Do they have Generations of Liberals controlling major cities? Election after Election, I hear how liberals will improve said cities, yet they get worse, the voting base gleefully keeps voting for them, all the while killing each other. But somehow its our fault...SMDH
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/03/18 16:08:57 (permalink)
So Mr. "I'm so rich" can't pony up the bond on that $454M. Just another example of being a fraud. Time for a fire sale. 😆 so much winning.
BloodyHand
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2131
Re: Trump 2024 2024/03/19 13:37:04 (permalink)
pensfan1
So Mr. "I'm so rich" can't pony up the bond on that $454M. Just another example of being a fraud. Time for a fire sale. 😆 so much winning.

I know, right! 
Who decided on a $454 million fine? How did they derive at that number?

BH
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/03/19 15:27:08 (permalink)
BloodyHand
pensfan1

I know, right! 
Who decided on a $454 million fine? How did they derive at that number?

BH

A man like tRump, who is so uber rich and such a fabulous real estate mogul, that owns the greatest properties in the world, should be liquid enough to secure a bond for such a pittance. Oh wait.. he went to 30 bond companies and NO ONE would spot him the cash. 😆 So does it really matter what the number is? He's a fraud. Which is exactly the reason he has the $464M fine in the first place.
Irisheyeball
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 466
Re: Trump 2024 2024/03/20 15:11:28 (permalink)
Why all the talk about "fire sales" and liquidating properties?  The most straightforward way to address his needs would be to do what you or I might do, which is take mortgages on some of his many valuable properties.  No need to sell them.  The fact that he can't  do that obviously means that he lacks sufficient equity in those properties to meet a legitimate lender's underwriting standards.  Taking that a little further, it's safe to assume that Mr Trump does not have a net worth exceeding a billion dollars.  Either that or he just really, really doesn't want to use his own money.  In any event, in the near future NY prosecutors will be taking steps to slap liens on Trump's properties and income, which will answer some of the questions many inquiring minds have long had about the orange blob's finances.

MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/03/20 17:23:27 (permalink)
Irisheyeball
Why all the talk about "fire sales" and liquidating properties?  The most straightforward way to address his needs would be to do what you or I might do, which is take mortgages on some of his many valuable properties.  No need to sell them.  The fact that he can't  do that obviously means that he lacks sufficient equity in those properties to meet a legitimate lender's underwriting standards. 

lol… well there’s also that 450 million dollar NY civil fraud case where it was determined that trump inflated the values of his properties to secure bank loans. So maybe just maybe that’s why banks might be reluctant to lend him money secured by real estate.

Or maybe it’s because he publicly bragged about how smart he was for not paying creditors.

Maybe Saudi royalty will bail him out. Because it’s totally cool if the president of the United States owes a foreign government half a billion dollars. Or at least it’s totally cool as long as they have an “R” in front of their name.
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1256
Re: Trump 2024 2024/03/21 06:54:40 (permalink)
Trump will make it up after he's back in office in November. He and become rich again    can use joe's foreign bank accounts and bribe other nations. Just like Bribem became so Wealthy' LOL
BloodyHand
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2131
Re: Trump 2024 2024/03/21 16:28:27 (permalink)

Maybe Saudi royalty will bail him out. Because it’s totally cool if the president of the United States owes a foreign government half a billion dollars. Or at least it’s totally cool as long as they have an “R” in front of their name.

They're begging for him to take a loan from a foreign entity. 1 more reason they'll have to disqualify him for the presidency. Why do they fear him so much? If he's such a fraud and a chump, obviously no one will vote for him. How could anyone vote for someone who defrauded the banks by over evaluating their assets to secure a better loan. Oh wait, there was no victim here. No one was defrauded. 
And this goes out to all the Haters...... " Don't hate the player, hate the game "

BH
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9687
Re: Trump 2024 2024/03/21 21:00:12 (permalink)
Fraud is fraud. You can claim victimless, but what if you were an investor in that bank? Your share price definitely took a hit. If you are a customer of that bank, you were charged more for something for them to make up that loss. It is like most white collar crimes, us in the middle class end up paying for the greedy at the top making out with whatever charge or drop to our share price. It is rare that these POS’s ever get caught and held liable. I can care less about it politically. Go after everyone that is srcewing over the average guy out there “to get ahead”. Everyone of us would likely have twice in our savings if this were weeded out. Just like the trash that steals from a store. We all end up paying for it. Those that abuse welfare, we all pay for it. But victimless, amirite?
JerryS
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 278
Re: Trump 2024 2024/03/21 21:26:06 (permalink)
BloodyHand

How could anyone vote for someone who defrauded the banks by over evaluating their assets to secure a better loan. Oh wait, there was no victim here. No one was defrauded. 
And this goes out to all the Haters...... " Don't hate the player, hate the game "

BH

Do you not remember a primary cause of the great recession in 2008?  People couldn't afford mortgages, which were often higher than the collateral house value, and some banks went under.  The lending laws Trump broke exist for a reason.  While he paid his loans in full, what would have been the outcome if his business ventures failed and he filed bankruptcy for a 7th time?  The penalties he is being charged are to discourage further loan fraud where there might be victims.

I'm surprised you are supportive of Trump.  If I recall correctly, you are a small business owner.  You should read up on how many small businesses got screwed when doing contract work for Trump.  His six bankruptcies alone accounted for millions lost for small businesses, while he got to keep his billions.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/03/21 23:33:58 (permalink)
He doesn't have billions, not now not ever. He should've titled his book Art of the Fraud.
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/03/22 00:52:36 (permalink)
I’m legitimately curious about what some of the trumpers on the board think about this

https://apnews.com/articl...9f70c5237e13a3462e5790

This will definitely hurt down ballot candidates. It could cost republicans the US house and/or senate. Some winnable races will definitely be lost because of this.
psu_fish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3104
Re: Trump 2024 2024/03/22 09:25:03 (permalink)
pensfan1
He doesn't have billions, not now not ever. He should've titled his book Art of the Fraud.

Cash on hand? Prolly not? But billion(s) in terms of Real Estate holdings? 100%. Go get an appraisal done on all the golf courses, resorts, hotels, and other land holdings. 
Irisheyeball
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 466
Re: Trump 2024 2024/03/22 14:40:06 (permalink)

So many questions and possibilities surrounding this situation.  One might term it chaos...so what's new?
I see several potential paths:
1.  An as-yet unidentified savior comes forward at the last minute and covers a bond.  I think this is the most likely scenario, and also the one that should be the most concerning. The end result of this is Trump living in one of Vlad's dachas.
2.  Trump does nothing.  The State of NY proceeds to place liens on his properties, accounts and future earnings.  Trump does his best to leverage political advantage.  Chaos ensues.
3.  Trump declares personal bankruptcy.  More chaos.  Least likely scenario.

We should know something by Monday.

As an aside, and to reply to a previous question of how the 450mm amount was determined:  The judgement is technically, under NY law, a disgorgement, that is, giving back an amount that the courts have calculated as the "ill-gotten gains."  NY has financial-related laws that other states do not due to its position as a global financial center.  
post edited by Irisheyeball - 2024/03/22 17:33:48
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/03/26 20:09:56 (permalink)
https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/26/biden-francis-scott-key-bridge-collapse-00149061

If nothing else, thank god the Biden administration has competent people who actually care about governance, who are working in cabinet positions to manage responses to catastrophes and emergencies. Because this needs to fixed ASAP.

What would trump do? Would his administration be even remotely prepared to deal with the kind of problems that will arise now that a major shipping channel is blocked and I-695 is out? He’s hawking “Trump Bibles” today. Who do you think his secretary of transportation would be? Mike Lindell?

House republicans can barely manage to elect a speaker let alone pass legislation, well, the ones that are left anyway…The smart ones like Ken Buck, are getting out while they can.

So lets turn all three branches of the federal government over to trump stooges. And then when the next national emergency happens trump can say “we’re gonna make Singapore pay for it” and then do nothing because he wants to punish Baltimore for not voting for him. That would be real leadership.
JM2
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1089
Re: Trump 2024 2024/03/27 03:39:00 (permalink)
You are a pure KOOK.
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1256
Re: Trump 2024 2024/03/27 08:37:58 (permalink)
JM2
You are a pure KOOK.

JM2, are you really surprised he's like that???
Mitchell
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 79
Re: Trump 2024 2024/03/27 10:14:41 (permalink)
MyWar
https://www.politico.com/...idge-collapse-00149061

If nothing else, thank god the Biden administration has competent people who actually care about governance, who are working in cabinet positions to manage responses to catastrophes and emergencies.

Can you name who they might be? Surely you can't mean Mayor Pete, who was not only late on the FAA computer crises when they had to ground all of the planes, and late on the East Pallistine railroad debacle, but darn near nonexistent.

MyWar
So lets turn all three branches of the federal government over to trump stooges. And then when the next national emergency happens trump can say “we’re gonna make Singapore pay for it” and then do nothing because he wants to punish Baltimore for not voting for him. That would be real leadership.

You make it easy for some of us to see just how far left you are. Biden has already said he will ask Congress for full funding to clean up, open up the waterway, and rebuild a new bridge, tax payer money that we don't have. Apparently he doen't know that all of those shipping companies have something called liability insurance. Sources are sayin' it could take months, losing $83M a day. To that I say BS! They might lose tons of money per day, but getting the bridge scrapped and the waterway opened should take maybe a month or two. You'll have crane barges and ****loads of torch wielding personel gettin' rid of that iron. Rebuilding the bridge would be the long term liability.You just have to have the will to get it done and the resources available to do it. Hell, the government had Pearl Harbor opened and fully functional as far as gettin' in and out in a week or less. The carriers came back in within 3 days. Several of those ships were salvaged in months, so we know it can be done.
post edited by Mitchell - 2024/03/27 10:16:15

Whenever you want to know what the Democrats are up to, watch what they accuse the other side of doing.
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/03/27 10:24:22 (permalink)
JM2
You are a pure KOOK.

Lol ok bud. This nonsensical rambling is YOUR boy. He's literally just making up words while he's rage posting from the toilet. 

snagr
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 503
Re: Trump 2024 2024/03/27 10:55:08 (permalink)
Mitchell
Can you name who they might be? Surely you can't mean Mayor Pete, who was not only late on the FAA computer crises when they had to ground all of the planes, and late on the East Pallistine railroad debacle, but darn near nonexistent.

Mayor Pete is very busy trying to determine which under and overpasses in the US are systemically racist.  
Mitchell
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 79
Re: Trump 2024 2024/03/27 13:47:25 (permalink)
Thanks for posting that, MyWar. I agree with Trump 100%. Your lying president said he has ridden across that bridge countless times on the train from Delaware to the Capital, unfortunately there aren't any tracks across that bridge. Maybe he was just "channeling" again? We know he'd been talking to ghosts before, so maybe it was in one of his other lifetimes?
post edited by Mitchell - 2024/03/27 13:57:05

Whenever you want to know what the Democrats are up to, watch what they accuse the other side of doing.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/03/27 14:50:30 (permalink)

The term rube comes to mind. 😆
post edited by pensfan1 - 2024/03/27 15:42:32

Attachment(s)

Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9687
Re: Trump 2024 2024/03/27 15:25:11 (permalink)
My old idiot is better than your old idiot!
Page: << < ..31323334 > Showing page 31 of 34
Jump to: