Shad plastics

Author
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9692
  • Reward points: 0
2024/02/14 11:06:05 (permalink)

Shad plastics

I have some split tail jerk baits, paddle tails and curly tails. A ton of hard baits too. All seem to work, some haven’t caught anything ever... Seems under different conditions, which I am just usually changing up until I find something that is working….

I do find the split tails to work pretty well in the Yough, but other times can’t get a sniff on them. It seems like days they are more active, they want those. Days they aren’t, senkos and other drift presentations seem to be the ticket. Days they are really active the paddle tails or ripping the jerkbaits or tube jigs (don’t think imitating Shad).

I do okay at times on the straight tail baby Shad for panfish and even caught largemouth and catfish on them. They seem to be one that you don’t need to give much action to and be sort of like the Senko version of a Shad. Anyone know of a larger version? I saw that Yamamoto has something somewhat like it in the Shad shape worm. Anyone ever use and have much luck? Any other versions that anyone has success with? I’d imagine can be used multiple ways. With how many companies make the panfish baby Shad, I’d figure there would be more larger sizes 4” or so. Maybe it is just called something different than Shad or straight tail that I just can’t seem to find much of anything.

2 Replies Related Threads

FishinGuy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2074
    Re: Shad plastics 2024/02/14 18:28:20 (permalink)
    https://www.fishusa.com/Strike-King-KVD-Dream-Shot/ search "drop shot" on this site's store. I don't typically fish drop shot rigs, and haven't used this bait. But I have considered the same things you mention. And it looks like it may be the type of bait you're looking for.
    Porktown
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 9692
    Re: Shad plastics 2024/02/14 20:04:57 (permalink)
    Awesome man. Thank you. Those ZMan ones look awesome too and seem to last forever. Now I need to figure out what else I “need” to get $50 for free shipping…

One thing about getting out early in the year, now that it is cold again, I am going insane. What better to ease that than add tackle that I don’t need???

I do see these as being something that can be used lake and river fishing and possibly taking to the beach for the back bay fishing. This is how I justify…
    Jump to: