Boat launches are closed. Guides and social distancing on SR.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Clint S
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3706
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Guides and social distancing on SR 2020/04/10 19:57:45 (permalink)
I limit myself for the public good not mine. Like I said I get gas at the pump by myself and very very limited trips to store only if I have to. Why? Because I am exposed everyday because I am a public servant and in healthcare . Am I totally isolated no. I still visit my dad , brother and sister and stay 10 plus feet away outside and am masked. I am with friends at work every day trying to stay apart 6 feet as best we can. I take care of the sick and broken people and try to bring smiles to their faces with a story and compassion. I am not isolated. I am not a sheep and value my rights as a human and a citizen. I is MY CHOICE and my RIGHT to not go to the store not hug my dad and not put others at risk, MY CHOICE. I respect the health of others more then my own I guess. I would feel horrible if I knew I infected someone just because hey I'm already exposed so why not hang out with my friend because I love and trust him and he has been exposed at work too. Now he is at risk from me and me from him and both our work forces are exposed. Just me, but not worth it. Rich I also think you are a smart guy and the risk your taking is not as big as I am making it out to be, and that is YOUR choice. If you can live with your choices and I can live with mine we will both be ok with ourselves and our choices no matter the outcome. If we stay happy AND healthy thats all we can hope for. FWIW I think unmanned state launches will still be open per my latest info, but there is much unclarity right now at DEC. Stay healthy and have fun.

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
Re: Guides and social distancing on SR 2020/04/10 20:12:27 (permalink)
Clint. It's all good if it's your choice to do something. I don't like choices made for me by others.
I have not been in direct contact with my mother and sister who live 50 yards from me in 5 weeks because I feel I'm a carrier.
That said, I also have no choice but to get gas, get supplies and continue on my daily chores because my life is not on PAUSE.
If my life and the 60,000 people in my county with 71 cases of the " virus " were to PAUSE, us hillbillies would be crippled.

Honestly the way I look at it is to do your best to help others and others need to do their best to help themselves. If one feels the need of wearing ppe then I can't fault them.
For someone to tell me what I'm doing is wrong then something is wrong with society

Enough already. My pigs are happy here , for now
post edited by hot tuna - 2020/04/10 20:18:47

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
Clint S
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3706
Re: Guides and social distancing on SR 2020/04/10 20:40:53 (permalink)
True dat HT.

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: