Canadohta

Author
fallschirmjaeger
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 145
  • Reward points: 0
2019/06/25 08:41:08 (permalink)

Canadohta

Has anyone fished these waters this year?  How has it been?  What is the smallmouth bite like in this lake?  Does anyone chase Esox there and do you do better with bucktails, plugs, top,etc?  I'm thinking of wandering up there this weekend maybe.  I'm guessing unlike its glacial twin to the west, this is a horsepower restricted lake?

4 Replies Related Threads

bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    Re: Canadohta 2019/06/25 08:55:38 (permalink)
    Yes it is 10 hp limit. There is almost no Smallmouth bite. You can pick up some Largemouth hitting the docks and weedbed. Musky can be had throwing big plugs over the cabbage bed that runs almost the full length around the lake. You can even pick up a few Eyes trolling the deep water.

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

fallschirmjaeger
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 145
    Re: Canadohta 2019/06/25 08:59:55 (permalink)
    Thanks Bings.  I've never fished it but I enjoy trying new waters.  It doesnt look like they have a very big panfish population outside of dink perch though.  
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    Re: Canadohta 2019/06/25 15:33:47 (permalink)
    There are some Crappies, but they are deep this time of year on a few brushpiles.. Tough to find.  

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

burgh123
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: Canadohta 2020/07/21 05:47:32 (permalink)
    bingsbaits
    There are some Crappies, but they are deep this time of year on a few brushpiles.. Tough to find.  

I went up there for the first time. What a beautiful lake and setting. Went out by boat all day and had no luck. I fish a good bit too at various lakes

My observation is the lake has a low volume of fish and is mainly a musky lake. Is that accurate or did i just have a bad day?
    Jump to: