Helpful ReplyMaking spinners ?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
CREEKTROLL3
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 101
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Making spinners ? 2017/01/27 23:24:28 (permalink)
Here is a  pic of a few that I make, the one's in the middle of the picture that look like CP Swings with the chartreuse and pearl beads and the brass ones are killers. I get the bodies and blades from Netcraft. I also make them without the treble and use hand tied bugger's or streamers, there like a joe's fly spinner but weight more.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re: Making spinners ? 2017/01/28 00:48:56 (permalink)
CREEKTROLL3
Here is a  pic of a few that I make, the one's in the middle of the picture that look like CP Swings with the chartreuse and pearl beads and the brass ones are killers. I get the bodies and blades from Netcraft. I also make them without the treble and use hand tied bugger's or streamers, there like a joe's fly spinner but weight more. 

Very nice. I zeroed right in on the CP look alikes. Have you ever compared yours against a actual Swing?

Umm, let me rephrase a earlier response. Dam nice work!!

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: Making spinners ? 2017/01/28 09:46:51 (permalink)
Nice looking homemade spinners !

As a youth many years ago I used nothing but spinners for years.
Mepps were always my favorites, CP Swings, Rooster tails , Panther Martians,
Shysters (they had the rippled blade ), Uncle Joe's,Swiss Swings, all were in my aluminum Umpco box. Caught lots of Trout , Bass and Pike on most. Still got a bunch just don't toss them like I did.
Nothing like a good fast strike on a spinner !
solitario lupo
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 298
Re: Making spinners ? 2017/01/28 13:33:16 (permalink)
Thanks creektroll that's something what I'm going for but just adding less bling and more fly. That's some nice work you did on them.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re: Making spinners ? 2017/01/28 15:12:34 (permalink)
CAPTAIN HOOK
Nice looking homemade spinners ! As a youth many years ago I used nothing but spinners for years.Mepps were always my favorites, CP Swings, Rooster tails , Panther Martians,Shysters (they had the rippled blade ), Uncle Joe's,Swiss Swings, all were in my aluminum Umpco box. Caught lots of Trout , Bass and Pike on most. Still got a bunch just don't toss them like I did.Nothing like a good fast strike on a spinner !

I dunno Captain, I was really beginning to enjoy the memories when I got 'membered that was a long time ago.

How could an old fella forget them Shysters? I must be gittin older then I.... umm, what was I talkin 'bout?

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: