Helpful ReplyJust my understanding on etiquette...gonna get heated

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
Indiana_Bob
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 211
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Just my understanding on etiquette...gonna get heated 2016/12/03 17:35:02 (permalink)
old dog
genieman77Good ole beeoch thread... Now we're talking.... I fish alone 98.37% of this time Just the way I roll.....when I want, where I want and how I want I've had very few problems over the yearsSeen all sorts of knuckleheads and acts of duushbaggery ..I don't let it bother me I'm in my own little world and absolutely insist on enjoying life .  Now, if I happened to have the pleasure to be at the same spot as Rsquare and  see the acts of duushbaggary pulled on his 6 yr old,  I'd  "enjoy" ruining the duushbag's dayThat would be FUN to me  LTA

we parallel on all points, g-man.  actually i don't mind another fishing with me but when i'm alone, that's my time to pray and be closer to my God.  when i do fish with another, i always end up learning about life or more about fishing.  good either way.

I learn a lot on the streams also. I found out that there isn't an IQ test required when purchasing a Fishing License... Hmmmmmm
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
Re: Just my understanding on etiquette...gonna get heated 2016/12/03 18:48:05 (permalink)
old dog

''Acorns and slingshot , Man!
one shot to the  rod hand, and they're  done  for the day......''

we're more hardcore closer to the state line.  we used iron ore pellets from the railroad tracks.  they have a crippling effect and send a stronger message.

I seem to remember  baked potatoes raining down from above while fishing Elk once....

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

genieman77
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2534
Re: Just my understanding on etiquette...gonna get heated 2016/12/03 19:01:35 (permalink)
old dog

we parallel on all points, g-man.  

Yep

we'll get together this late Spring .
You'll LOVE the bass and 'gill pond we'll fish in Hiram

..L.T.A.
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: Just my understanding on etiquette...gonna get heated 2016/12/03 19:18:17 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.

So why couldn't yinz put a pair of "Simms" in the water on either side yinzself. That would give yinz some room and when yinz catch a fish, put a pair in your spot til ya get back. Priceless!!!

Don't laugh, a few years ago there was an article about Guides and Well to Do people paying others to stand on the bank and hold a spot till they got there later! (Wasn't Erie)

I heard this year up on Oak Orchard Creek NY if you wanted a good spot to fish you had better be there at 3 am.!!!! No joke ..... Don't get light till 7am !

And these people laugh at women shopping on Black Friday at midnight !
post edited by CAPTAIN HOOK - 2016/12/03 19:19:25
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re: Just my understanding on etiquette...gonna get heated 2016/12/03 20:17:39 (permalink)
Hey Captain that's a heck of a good idea for making extra money. Ummm.. do ya know if I would need a stupid Erie/Trout stamp just to stand in the water?

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

LetMeBeFishing
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 74
Re: Just my understanding on etiquette...gonna get heated 2016/12/03 20:53:36 (permalink)
I have been wanting to go back up to the streams for some time now i used to love it.  I last fished for steelhead in around 2003, I actualy forgot how to. Two years ago I took my son up to fish on a invite charter fishing and well we didn't go out because boat wouldn't start so my son said what do we do now. I said well lets take a drive to walnut and see whats up we got there and watch people fishing but we didn't have what we need to fish so we wen't up to PR's and picked a few things up went back and waited for a opening and my son was doing the best he could but you know he tried. Well some guys on both side of us wher really good at it and came and helped my so and he caught a coupe and yes we did take 2 home. But with the help of these guys and yes the where locals that new there stuff. I thanked them for the best fishing my son had fun that day. My son is in the Navy now and was home for Thanksgiving and all he wanted to do was go up to fish. Well we didn't be cause of timing and I guess we should of. But it scares me to go by my self now I to just want to have a nice day fishing not scraping with people.  
genieman77
Pro Angler
Re: Just my understanding on etiquette...gonna get heated 2016/12/03 23:33:42 (permalink)
old dog

i'm looking forward to it.  i can make hiram in 45 minutes.  
fact is, i worked not too far from there.  this will give me a chance to pick your brain about rugers and glocks.    sure appreciate the invite.

easiest best to drive to my house .
I'm right off I-76 exit 48
we'll go from there

pick my brain?
we can do better than that, Brother
I'll fill your hand with a dozen different pistols to shoot
(my range is on my back acre)

..L.T.A.
dpms
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3508
Re: Just my understanding on etiquette...gonna get heated 2016/12/04 15:11:07 (permalink)
Indiana_Bob
Dpms is a crossgun hunter. That's all I need to know about him

LOL. The elitist hate them don't they? 

BTW, I hunt with pistols, flintlocks, lever guns, compound bows, longbows, and many other instruments of death as well. 
post edited by dpms - 2016/12/04 15:12:38

My rifle is a black rifle
ShenangoEyes
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 76
Re: Just my understanding on etiquette...gonna get heated 2016/12/04 15:36:41 (permalink)
It sure seems like Indiana Bob is "that guy"
FiveMilePete
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1131
Re: Just my understanding on etiquette...gonna get heated 2016/12/05 01:05:51 (permalink)
genieman77
old dog

i'm looking forward to it.  i can make hiram in 45 minutes.  
fact is, i worked not too far from there.  this will give me a chance to pick your brain about rugers and glocks.    sure appreciate the invite.

easiest best to drive to my house .
I'm right off I-76 exit 48
we'll go from there

pick my brain?
we can do better than that, Brother
I'll fill your hand with a dozen different pistols to shoot
(my range is on my back acre)

..L.T.A.

Nice setup!  You are a lucky man!  Good looking range.
genieman77
Pro Angler
Re: Just my understanding on etiquette...gonna get heated 2016/12/05 06:43:51 (permalink)
You're invited too, Pete!!

..L.T.A.
genieman77
Pro Angler
Re: Just my understanding on etiquette...gonna get heated 2016/12/05 08:28:46 (permalink)
old dog
 put a pond on it and i'll become a squatter...lol.

I've given thought to it for years....ever since we bought the place 30+ years ago
Gave a little more serious thought to it in the last couple years

Think I mentioned here before, I'd kill three  bUrds with one stone
a pond for bass to catch and 'gils to eat
Mountains of clean clay dirt to build a kickazz  three sided pistol bay berm
and LESS GRASS to mow (not one of my favorite chores)

I did some more serious  research on pond building this year and counted some beans on costs

I've got some pluses going for me
I'm sitting on top clay. (which means no pond liners to hold water)
I can run perf pipe drainage from my farmer neighbor's fields as well as my next door neighbor's low/wet spot back acre.
That should provide the 5+ acre drainage I'm told I  need to  to  support  the size pond I'm considering

Couple grand in excavating equipment rental (excavator and skid steer bucket for a week ) which I can operate.
Got hundreds of hours on both, so I'm qualified  to "know enough to be dangerous"
One of my guys has over 1000 hours on the Bobcat from a previous job...
I have access to a dump truck too
so I expect we could be pretty efficient and get it all done in a week 

another grand on the cheap for drain pipe and gravel

I'm thinking the whole project could be done for about $4,000 and completed in a week w/2 guys

Only one thing stopping me really....I don't have $4G to throw at it (without Moma freaking)

.L.T.A.
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9658
Re: Just my understanding on etiquette...gonna get heated 2016/12/05 09:26:54 (permalink)
Figure out a way to have the wife mow the lawn a few times in the spring.  She'll see the benefits soon enough...

Sounds like a pretty kick A project.
BloodyHand
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2124
Re: Just my understanding on etiquette...gonna get heated 2016/12/05 09:35:21 (permalink)
dpms
Indiana_Bob
Dpms is a crossgun hunter. That's all I need to know about him

LOL. The elitist hate them don't they? 

BTW, I hunt with pistols, flintlocks, lever guns, compound bows, longbows, and many other instruments of death as well. 

I'm with DPMS. When are they going to allow Bazzoka and maybe even Mortar Round hunting??

BH
genieman77
Pro Angler
Re: Just my understanding on etiquette...gonna get heated 2016/12/05 10:10:48 (permalink)
old dog
at one time the state would offer some financial help but you had to allow the public to use it.

I was hip to that years ago
If not mistaken, they'll even help stock it
(don't know about now)
I'm just not the type  to want  any gov strings attached

i always figured if hard times were to engulf us all that you would have a supply of food coming from the pond.  not only fish but all critters and waterfowl that would come to it.

Brother, when the WalMart, Giant Eagle and Sam's Club are  no longer open.....gonna need more than a pond

Porktown
Figure out a way to have the wife mow the lawn a few times in the spring.  She'll see the benefits soon enough...

Sounds like a pretty kick A project.

Brother Pork, you don't understand ...a $4000 dollar pond would mean a $7000 kitchen, bath and floor  remodel TOO

..L.T.A.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re: Just my understanding on etiquette...gonna get heated 2016/12/05 11:04:21 (permalink)
Depending on proximity and quality of existing water supplies, installing a "dry hydrant" and ease of access may get you some cooperation in the "needed permit" department.

Oooops, sorry..... just thinking out loud?

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Smallsac
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 123
Re: Just my understanding on etiquette...gonna get heated 2016/12/05 18:39:35 (permalink)
Farm fertilizer runoff could present a problem.
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to: