2016/10/23 14:08:27 (permalink)

Who slammed em today?

I figure action was pretty hot n heavy today for troutgawds and splukers alike

LTA

17 Replies Related Threads

Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2852
    • Reward points: 0
    Re: Who slammed em today? 2016/10/23 15:09:11 (permalink)
    Texted with a bud who said he and his son "tore em up," this morning.

They are great fly fishermen so I'd take "tore em up" for them to mean pretty ridiculous numbers. His "we got into a few" is a really good day for me.

I'm meeting up with them in the AM.
    genieman77
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2534
    Re: Who slammed em today? 2016/10/23 15:59:07 (permalink)
    rsquared
    Texted with a bud who said he and his son "tore em up," this morning.

I figured it would be kickazx...regardless whether or not a billion fish came in

Hope you tear em up tomorrow.

It'll be back to low n clear when "if" I get a chance Tuesday or Wed

Save me some dUm onez ....

LTA
    Pro Angler
    Re: Who slammed em today? 2016/10/23 16:17:17 (permalink)
    I'm gonna take a few on my red rope for the smoker but I'll put back any that seem particularly dum.

PS please don't shun me because I don't have a blue or yellow rope. I will be chucking bait and wearing 8 year old, $30 pro line waders though.
    genieman77
    Pro Angler
    Re: Who slammed em today? 2016/10/23 17:29:51 (permalink)
    rsquared

PS please don't shun me because I don't have a blue or yellow rope. I will be chucking bait and wearing 8 year old, $30 pro line waders though.

That would be some other axxhole R2
    I don't care what color rope, waders or gunk they chuck on what rod.
    I'm the kind of axxhole that questions anyone's taste buds that could eat those foul things.....

LTA
    PooFLinger
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 450
    Re: Who slammed em today? 2016/10/23 17:42:22 (permalink)
    Lol yes, I was all around all day yesterday walking a lot and driving a lot... found very few, I'm sure they were somewhere and had lockjaw due to the nasty windy front.. reguardless I hope you guys get into some, might sneak up there Tuesday! I seen a couple guys having success on some egg sacks though. Mostly chartreuse or pink.
    post edited by fishfashfush - 2016/10/23 17:44:41

Gill em to kill em then Rope em smoke em
    workcanwait....
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 729
    Re: Who slammed em today? 2016/10/23 18:25:28 (permalink)
    I was out this morning caught 3 guy with me caught  3.
    It was alright but very crowded and low percentage of guys hooking up.
    Spunky fish I enjoyed it but thought there would be more fish.
    I had to go home and work he stayed all day caught a few more...WCW
    Pro Angler
    Re: Who slammed em today? 2016/10/23 20:58:04 (permalink)
    old dog
    years ago, a board member was notorious for cracking on anyone who wore camo streamside, whether it was a jacket or waders.  the way i see it, the only fashion standard that should be observed is that the color of your rope match the color of your hat.  all good steelheaders know this.

I'm a fat kid so I'm naturally and legitimately thick skinned. I'll have on my camo Under Armor sweatshirt and my lightweight camo duck wading jacket with the big pockets for holding Oatmeal Cream Pies and Snickers bars. I can also comfortably carry a half of a Teresa's small sub in one pocket too.

My new favorite fishin hat does have some crimson on it, but not quite the same shade as my stringer.
    Pro Angler
    Re: Who slammed em today? 2016/10/23 21:00:47 (permalink)
    genieman77

That would be some other axxhole R2I don't care what color rope, waders or gunk they chuck on what rod.I'm the kind of axxhole that questions anyone's taste buds that could eat those foul things.....     LTA

They're really good smoked! Honest.

Don't care for em much other ways, but I find them to be just as tasty as the salmon fillets I buy at Sams Club and put in the smoker.

Plus think of all that free skein!
    H3Fisher
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 340
    Re: Who slammed em today? 2016/10/23 21:50:42 (permalink)
    I have never seen elk so busy in my life... 

I seen 4 hook ups in the morning. Then we hit em good right at the end of the day, fish were getting ready to push farther up stream. 
    fisherofmen376
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2213
    Re: Who slammed em today? 2016/10/23 22:48:48 (permalink)
    Freshly caught and bled then iced are very tasty with simple preparation. No big fishy taste. Wait more than two days, not great. Throw em in the freezer, forget abaaht it.

I work upere Wednesday. Looking forward to taking a walk and see where they went. R2 let me know how you do. By then it'll be clear again but I'll try to beg them to get jiggy wit it.

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."
    Matthew 4:19
    genieman77
    Pro Angler
    Re: Who slammed em today? 2016/10/24 06:04:01 (permalink)
    workcanwait....
     but thought there would be more fish.

Thanks WCW
    we'll see for sure once the water clears ...but I've  been saying for years rain events doesn't trigger  major runs of fish
    (not in the creeks that have enough water at the mouths for fish to enter anyway)
    It will trigger them to move up...but  not necessarily move in  from the lake ...
    that happens all season long from Sept to Dec  in numbers great and small regardless of rain ...again, as long as there's enough water to enter

Rain events  only triggers major runs of anglers

.L.T.A.

PooFLinger
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 450
    Re: Who slammed em today? 2016/10/24 06:26:07 (permalink)
    genieman77
    workcanwait....
     but thought there would be more fish.

Thanks WCW
    we'll see for sure once the water clears ...but I've  been saying for years rain events doesn't trigger  major runs of fish
    (not in the creeks that have enough water at the mouths for fish to enter anyway)
    It will trigger them to move up...but  not necessarily move in  from the lake ...
    that happens all season long from Sept to Dec  in numbers great and small regardless of rain ...again, as long as there's enough water to enter

Rain events  only triggers major runs of anglers

.L.T.A.

Have to agree, although rain makes the flow alot easier to fish...wich in turns brings more anglers.
    When i come up usually around 4 am, i scout.. ive seen lower stretches polluted with fish.. only to be gone at sunrise...the  lakes still bouncing around low to mid 60s, i believe 58 is the  magic number????  I know im way behind this year!!  Who knows whats going on, because i sure as hell dont lol

Gill em to kill em then Rope em smoke em
    genieman77
    Pro Angler
    Re: Who slammed em today? 2016/10/24 07:15:47 (permalink)
    fishfashfush
    .the  lakes still bouncing around low to mid 60s, i believe 58 is the  magic number????

I'm not sure  of that either Poo.

I used to carry a thermometer
    I recall some years swatting mosquitoes at Giradboro park  in Oct over billions of fish in 65 degree water .

i recall one unseasonably warm  and drought year there were  a bazzllion fish stacked in lower Elk from the mouth to the rt 5 tubes .
    There was a tree down at the tubes they couldn't get past ....every  shallow depression from the tubes to the  mouth had fish in it .
    In 70+ degree water!!!

It wasn't til  mid/late Oct that a rain finally washed the tree out and fish could move up

been my contention for years now, these fish come when they're internal bio clocks tell them to.
    Rain or temps have little to no effect from my observations over the years .
    They filter  in  in numbers large and small from early Sept to Dec ..with the  majority in by the end of Oct ...regardless of rain or temps

when the water clears from this last rain, what we see is what we'll have til ice over .
    Don't expect more fish in the holes ... more will come for sure, but not enough to out run  attrition rates.
    so....if the numbers now aren't  "worth it"  to anyone, may as  well hang up the waders ...cuz you might be disappointed...and no one wants to hear whining.....

..L.T.A. 

Mountian Man
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4118
    Re: Who slammed em today? 2016/10/24 08:15:54 (permalink)
    Hammered loyalhanna stiLbowz over 126 fezh.

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
    Divemaster
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 744
    Re: Who slammed em today? 2016/10/24 08:26:18 (permalink)
    Caught 4 this weekend myself. Nice one yesterday morning 27" 9-10 pounds and still the smallest of the four. Catch & Release
    workcanwait....
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 729
    Re: Who slammed em today? 2016/10/24 08:52:31 (permalink)
    Waters up now again...Divemaster yes elk was a circus act yesterday 2 friends fished all day got 5.
    I think fish were there but debris in water was messing with them.

WCW
    Pro Angler
    Re: Who slammed em today? 2016/10/24 21:41:09 (permalink)
    I didn't.

Erie kicked my butt today.

Fished with my bud a few hours in the same place they slammed em yesterday. I got a 13" jack. He and his son got nada. Would imagine those fish prob moved on up outta where they were on the high water.

Pretty much the same story with most I saw and talked to. Those who fished yesterday said decent to great. High, dirty water today made it tough.

Couldn't bring myself to join the crowd, but Nut looked to be fishing OK by this evening when I stopped to watch the circus.
    Jump to: