bottom fishermen at trout run

Author
Brad_porter77
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 80
  • Reward points: 0
2016/10/22 03:46:44 (permalink)

bottom fishermen at trout run

Anybody notice an increase of bottom fishermen at trout run the year? I have nothing against bottom fishermen but some of them take up a lot of space. Witnessed one group this year that had eight rods out with no consideration for other fishermen. Everyone in the water had to cram together. It was funny when they caught a fish because they had to reel in all of their rods. Bp

15 Replies Related Threads

PooFLinger
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 450
    Re: bottom fishermen at trout run 2016/10/22 04:19:17 (permalink)
    That's what happens when the wall is closed........................💤

Gill em to kill em then Rope em smoke em
    Mountian Man
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4118
    Re: bottom fishermen at trout run 2016/10/22 06:44:39 (permalink)
    Wookarez duUD

Jus dumfezh

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
    CHROMENUTZ
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 10
    Re: bottom fishermen at trout run 2016/10/22 11:30:58 (permalink)
    I agree with Pooflinger with the walnut wall being shut down Trout Run has the easy access,
    and I was also there when the group had the 8 rods set up taking up alot of space but it seems
    like you do have a problem with bottom fisherman because on several occasions you have mentioned
    this topic, I agree that 8 rods is a bit much,I fish trout run here and there but try to avoid it as
    much as possible cause i fish from the beach shore line and am tired of conflicts,i dont argue or complain
    I just move on cause there is plenty of other places to fish and i have caught alot of fish this year 
    already and plan to catch many many more

H3Fisher
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 340
    Re: bottom fishermen at trout run 2016/10/22 14:32:55 (permalink)
    I can care less for how they fish. But they are usually the ones that won't reel in their lines when you hook up. But yell like wildmen when they hookup.

I lost a very very nice brown last year because they ignored me. I wasn't very pleased with that and same with the others fishing who seen the fish. We returned the favor and tangled them up. They didn't stay very long after that.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2852
    Re: bottom fishermen at trout run 2016/10/22 14:37:22 (permalink)
    Brad_porter77
    Everyone in the water had to cram together. 

I'd expect nothing less at Trout Run in October, no matter what type of fishing people are doing.  

You can walk anywhere along the lake within the high water mark, and you don't have to be at the mouth of a crick to find steelhead in the surf.  
    pensfan1
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3412
    Re: bottom fishermen at trout run 2016/10/22 14:48:56 (permalink)
    On the subject, does anyone know what the access to the other side of the old marina is? My understanding is that someone bought that house and property just to the west of the old pigpen, and posted it all. Any info on where exactly is permitted? Would you be good if you stayed in the lake in front of said property? Thanks Duuds
    H3Fisher
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 340
    Re: bottom fishermen at trout run 2016/10/22 14:55:03 (permalink)
    Game commish allowed people to fish over there the one day it was shoulder to shoulder the whole area.

I've seen others fish there too without issues. Just stay in the water I'm thinking.

Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2852
    Re: bottom fishermen at trout run 2016/10/22 14:59:26 (permalink)
    Wading/trespass laws are the same in Lake Erie as they are for other waters deemed historically navigable, so keep your toes in the water.  

Just a caution though, it is illegal to "wade" (Per the PFBC regs) in Trout Run and other nursery waters, so I imagine a WCO in a foul mood could cite you for taking a step or two in Trout Run if you're crossing to the West Side.  
    CHROMENUTZ
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 10
    Re: bottom fishermen at trout run 2016/10/22 15:41:50 (permalink)
    I could care less how anyone fishes too, and i always yell fish on and try to let the other
    fisherman know which way its going as everyone knows these dam chromers can get the
    upperhand on you very quickly as well as when someone else hooks up I always reel in as
    fast as i can so tangles dont happen but if someone wants to play games and cause me to get 
    tangled up getting back at someone else then its game on and the being nice sportsman side
    of me goes away but yes I have seen it many times where they just refuse to reel in and get 
    out of the way but i guess as much as it sucks thats just steelhead season at trout run
    CAPTAIN HOOK
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2384
    Re: bottom fishermen at trout run 2016/10/22 20:47:14 (permalink)
    Combat fishing 101, Welcome to Trout Run.....I see nothing has changed there since the 80's !

Hook 10 land 1......at least the parking has improved!

Old Memories ........I miss watching the Pig Pen Madness !
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    Re: bottom fishermen at trout run 2016/10/22 22:15:15 (permalink)

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

PooFLinger
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 450
    Re: bottom fishermen at trout run 2016/10/22 22:19:53 (permalink)
    CAPTAIN HOOK
    Combat fishing 101, Welcome to Trout Run.....I see nothing has changed there since the 80's ! Hook 10 land 1......at least the parking has improved! Old Memories ........I miss watching the Pig Pen Madness !
    there was a thread last year people were posting pics of the 70s and on not sure if you were a part of it I believe it was called glory days? But a lot of trout run pig pen pictures and so fourth

Gill em to kill em then Rope em smoke em
    Big Tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1882
    Re: bottom fishermen at trout run 2016/10/23 09:18:11 (permalink)
    I love to fish trout run,just not the mouth,head east on the shoreline till you hit the boulders,send a 1/3 oz little Cleo on a 10 foot noodle and 6 lb test. Keep your eye on the crowd and play your fish easy,you'll be surrounded after you land 3 or 4 lol. It's I of my favorite spots.
    CAPTAIN HOOK
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2384
    Re: bottom fishermen at trout run 2016/10/23 10:01:15 (permalink)
    Yes I posted a few old goodies of Trout Run.
    Below notice vehicles parked on beach, boats lined up off shore , marina wall way back , that's shoulder to shoulder all the way down ! This was the late 70 's

Notice the double row of guys fishing in this one below! This was the 80's

I fished in that chaos for many years, just didn't know better , didn't care back then.

I seen some crazy stuff go on there!
    Snagging , arguing , drinking , fighting , weed smoking ,people netting fish out of the nursery waters ,throwing rocks at boats ,parking tickets , cars towed out , dead fish and guts everywhere , mini tidal waves , people fined by Fish Commish , people fishing in the creek , dogs stealing peoples lunches and bait , kids riding bikes in the creek mouth scaring all the fish back out !

I have also seen hundreds of Steelhead cruze the shores in clear water ! Massive schools of fish just working up and down totally unreal to see ! Seen a school of Palomino Trout, school of Browns also. Funny how they travel in separate schools when spawning time comes.

I've seen fish just hit all day there, and watched a hundred plus fish caught within first few hours of daylight many a day!
    Remember the limit in the lake was 8 , then went to 5 , then to 3 as now .  

It's just always been chaos !

Brad_porter77
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 80
    Re: bottom fishermen at trout run 2016/10/25 20:59:35 (permalink)
    the group with eight rods caught one small one
    Jump to: