Is "the Beev" still running private play for pay stretches on PA tribs?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
PooFLinger
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 450
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Is "the Beev" still running private play for pay stretches on PA tribs? 2016/10/19 23:44:27 (permalink)
Them smolts are like piranhas

Gill em to kill em then Rope em smoke em
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: Is "the Beev" still running private play for pay stretches on PA tribs? 2016/10/20 11:53:05 (permalink)
I totally agree with shutting the creeks down for all of March until Trout opener in April once smolts are stocked !

We argued this topic years ago, makes no sense to allow your future tiny fish to be caught and mishandled. Most good fishermen use to quit once smolts were stocked ,some would crush barbs and so on.
Besides most Spring Steelhead aren't much of a fight they just kind of tug and roll ! 

What is so wrong about giving those young fish a better chance , the Fish Commish shuts done Commonwealth Inland waters for time periods for spawning protection of other fish species why not Steelhead ? 

Makes no sense !
fishin coyote
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1664
Re: Is "the Beev" still running private play for pay stretches on PA tribs? 2016/10/20 12:12:53 (permalink)
Capt.
Makes lots of sense why its not shut down. The PFBC doesn't care about the fish, it's all about the dollar.
Mike

Nothing is Free!!
Reward equals Effort

genieman77
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2534
Re: Is "the Beev" still running private play for pay stretches on PA tribs? 2016/10/20 14:01:27 (permalink)
fishin coyote
Capt.
Makes lots of sense why its not shut down. The PFBC doesn't care about the fish, it's all about the dollar.
Mike

I donno Brother Mike...... Fish = dollars
One would think they'd  be interested in the "big picture"....

Yep, PT I recall the season being closed.
But it wasn't all that many days,  was it??

Many years ago,  a friend and I left Connie to check out Pa.
(Can't recall if Connie was blown out or what)

Anyway we couldn't figure out why the pressure was nil on Elk
We fished all over Elk and never saw another angler.
And thankfully, a fish cop never saw us either..?

Cause we weren't s'posed to be there

LTA
pheasant tail 2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 401
Re: Is "the Beev" still running private play for pay stretches on PA tribs? 2016/10/20 21:12:48 (permalink)
Sad to say, unfortunately I tend to agree with you Mikey. How the heck have you been doing?

PT2
fishin coyote
Pro Angler
Re: Is "the Beev" still running private play for pay stretches on PA tribs? 2016/10/20 21:16:44 (permalink)
Genie,
You'd think that would be the case but based on their actions not only in Erie but across the commonwealth it seems far from it.
Do you still wear that ugly hat?
Mike

Nothing is Free!!
Reward equals Effort

fishin coyote
Pro Angler
Re: Is "the Beev" still running private play for pay stretches on PA tribs? 2016/10/20 21:24:01 (permalink)
PT,
Super busy with work and home. We're in the process of downsizing the homestead(less house, more ground). Any plans to come up for the holidays? I may be caught up by then.
Mike

Nothing is Free!!
Reward equals Effort

pheasant tail 2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 401
Re: Is "the Beev" still running private play for pay stretches on PA tribs? 2016/10/20 22:11:44 (permalink)
I dunno Mike. I have been kicking around the idea of visiting the in-laws around Thanksgiving for a little fishing. I'll definitely be in touch if I head up.

PT2
genieman77
Pro Angler
Re: Is "the Beev" still running private play for pay stretches on PA tribs? 2016/10/20 22:17:51 (permalink)
fishin coyote

Do you still wear that ugly hat?

I had to face the unfortunate  reality, Mike.... it wasn't really  the hat that wuz ugly ...it was me mug

man, we got a bunch of the Ole Timers out of the woodwork

PT, Albuddly, Smitty, Mike, Hook

where's Spoon and "jiggy-Jim" Stillhead?

we'll get this party started

..L.T.A.

PooFLinger
Expert Angler
Re: Is "the Beev" still running private play for pay stretches on PA tribs? 2016/10/20 22:29:43 (permalink)
Hey I have appx 10 feet of access on an Erie trib, I would like to book 20 people per day at the rate of $100 a day.. 20 people should fit in a 10 foot stretch right? We can all laugh at the people who have to go to "public" access.. such looooosers! I'll even offer discounts to the first and last person in the line that have to fish next to the peasants that are on public water outside of my 10 foot stretch 😵☠️. Lol just had to.. that's how I picture being a guide on Erie tribs. I'm sure there's good ones but **** would that be tough to put in a days work!

genieman77
Pro Angler
Re: Is "the Beev" still running private play for pay stretches on PA tribs? 2016/10/20 22:49:20 (permalink)
fishfashfush
Hey I have appx 10 feet of access on an Erie trib, I would like to book 20 people per day at the rate of $100 a day.. 20 people should fit in a 10 foot stretch right? We can all laugh at the people who have to go to "public" access.. such looooosers! I'll even offer discounts to the first and last person in the line that have to fish next to the peasants that are on public water outside of my 10 foot stretch 😵☠️. Lol just had to.. that's how I picture being a guide on Erie tribs. I'm sure there's good ones but **** would that be tough to put in a days work!

If you had 10ft of the Stop Sign hole you could bank jack i bet

as far as guides ...I won't dog a guy for hiring a guide.
i know many scoff at it, but the truth is, a "good" guide pretty much assures any out of town angler will have the right stuff to get hooked up when 90% of everyone else are getting skunked or working all day for a couple bites

..L.T.A.
PooFLinger
Expert Angler
Re: Is "the Beev" still running private play for pay stretches on PA tribs? 2016/10/20 23:56:36 (permalink)

If you had 10ft of the Stop Sign hole you could bank jack i bet

as far as guides ...I won't dog a guy for hiring a guide.
i know many scoff at it, but the truth is, a "good" guide pretty much assures any out of town angler will have the right stuff to get hooked up when 90% of everyone else are getting skunked or working all day for a couple bites

..L.T.A.

I hear ya bud, i meant more toward it has to be a tough business in the great lakes,  where as wild alaska and PNW seems more favorable for guides to really have the ability to let their customers "off a leash " so to say. I was recently in california and went on a fishing charter in the pacific, and never again will i do that. Too crowded and over fished.

jat1007
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 193
Re: Is "the Beev" still running private play for pay stretches on PA tribs? 2016/10/21 12:33:34 (permalink)
genie you a guide?

genieman77
Pro Angler
Re: Is "the Beev" still running private play for pay stretches on PA tribs? 2016/10/21 14:42:02 (permalink)
jat1007
genie you a guide?

no sir...ain't good enough
I can only catch dUmb ones....

'cides,  I'm too dang lazy to be tramping around creeks all day anymore

..L.T.A.
albionsteelhead
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: Is "the Beev" still running private play for pay stretches on PA tribs? 2016/10/21 20:35:00 (permalink)
genieman77

Speaking of guides, is Don "dafishinfool" still at it?
Some guides got beat on here.
But Don was/is good dude and straight shooter as far as I'm concerned

LTA

Speaking of guides that got beat on here - whatever happened to ScreamingReels Bob?  I heard of some possible health issues, but thought he may have bounced back somewhere. 
genieman77
Pro Angler
Re: Is "the Beev" still running private play for pay stretches on PA tribs? 2016/10/21 21:07:09 (permalink)
albionsteelhead

Speaking of guides that got beat on here - whatever happened to ScreamingReels Bob?  I heard of some possible health issues, but thought he may have bounced back somewhere. 

I don't remember him, Al
i must be getting old

..L.T.A.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: