Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Brad_porter77
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 80
  • Reward points: 0
2016/09/27 06:24:45 (permalink)

Walnut creek circus

Last weekend I fished walnut. I was a little skeptical since I hate that place. But it seemed like last weekend that's where I stood the best chance. I got to Manchester at day break and it was already elbow to elbow. 30 people fishing for 50 fish. Every fish I saw caught was put on a yellow rope. I saw snagging that was very obvious. I walked down to stop sign hole after only catching one steelies in three hours. Stop sign hole had 13 steelhead. Five normal size ones. I thought Manchester was bad..... But when I got down there I saw 15 people circled around five decent sized steelhead. Wtf is going on up here. The people ****ing about the low steelie population are the first ones to rope me and smoke me. What are your thoughts on walnut creek?

43 Replies Related Threads

PooFLinger
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 450
    Re: Walnut creek circus 2016/09/27 06:32:19 (permalink)
    I caught 37 of the 50 Saturday around 11 am only kept 12. That leaves 38 fish to be enjoyed. All tail hooked to preserve the meat
    post edited by fishfashfush - 2016/09/27 06:33:25

Gill em to kill em then Rope em smoke em
    genieman77
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2534
    Re: Walnut creek circus 2016/09/27 06:39:35 (permalink)
    Brad_porter77
     What are your thoughts on walnut creek?

Same as they've always been

"nothing new"

It's always been that way
    More or less fish trapped in a hole being surrounded and pounded 

You new at this, Brad?

..L.T.A.
    PooFLinger
    Expert Angler
    Re: Walnut creek circus 2016/09/27 06:47:16 (permalink)
    I was there from 530 a.m. to 430 p.m saturday 1 fish kept.. not by me.. no purposeful snagging and if there was it was a quick break off , appx 10 landed all day by everyone All returned. Let's get reel here. One guy did catch a nice chromer foul hooked to someone's broken off line but it too was returned

genieman77
    Pro Angler
    Re: Walnut creek circus 2016/09/27 07:59:56 (permalink)
    fishfashfush
    Let's get reel here.

I think it might be human nature that when one's  frustration level goes up (as Brad's appears to be)  the amount of perceived snAggers and meAt hunters goes up

the other thing I've observed on slow bite days.....if one guy happens to  have  the hot hand, fly, bait or color and is spanking  them, while most everyone else is getting skunked....he'll be accused of linning/snagging

Low water and  low run year (yes, guys, you heard here first, this will be another low run year)  the frustration level manifests it's self in lots more beiotch threads 

..L.T.A.
    PooFLinger
    Expert Angler
    Re: Walnut creek circus 2016/09/27 08:14:41 (permalink)
    True but I live for the challenge.. when I was almost 3 years old my parents videotaped me trying to catch a blue gill, by myself off a dock for hours when someone tried helping me I screamed and threw a fit. I will stand there all **** day throwing everything I got in every presentation I know with out an inkling of frustration... simply because I love fishing and when you love fishing it makes catching that much better.. I'm simply saying that writing reports out of frustration making accusations that aren't true is childish and unfair to the people who were catching fish, by no means was there a hot ticket for the day the people that did catch were throwing everything and then some some people are just more prepared for conditions than others
    post edited by fishfashfush - 2016/09/27 08:22:24

fishrmn
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 675
    Re: Walnut creek circus 2016/09/27 11:58:01 (permalink)
    Brad,

So let me get this straight... You're going out of your way to inform the whole world every time a fish swims into Walnut Creek (via here and Facebook)... Yet, you're going to complain about bad apples on the stream?

Sorry, not trying to be rude, but a little confused as to what your intentions are.
    post edited by fishrmn - 2016/09/27 12:01:18
    CAPTAIN HOOK
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2384
    Re: Walnut creek circus 2016/09/27 12:07:16 (permalink)
    Why would anybody fish a creek or hole with a giant parking lot next to it ?
    What do you expect with such easy access ? Nobody there ?
    Kids I understand, novices I understand, the rest fishing there .......really ?
    genieman77
    Pro Angler
    Re: Walnut creek circus 2016/09/27 16:41:39 (permalink)
    fishrmn
    Brad,

So let me get this straight... You're going out of your way to inform the whole world every time a fish swims into Walnut Creek (via here and Facebook)... Yet, you're going to complain about bad apples on the stream?

Sorry, not trying to be rude, but a little confused as to what your intentions are.

Maybe Brad doesn't quite get what you're saying, Timbo.
    So I'll make it a little clearer for him...

Brad, if you feel the need to inform every yoyo on the internet about fish numbers and locations, ( especvially in the early sesson) expect plenty yoyos to join you.

Just the way it is...
    That's why I asked if you were new to the steeltribs 

Tim,  did you get rid of that stoopit ear ring yet ?
    Only black dudes can wear that stuff and look normal....

LTA

post edited by genieman77 - 2016/09/27 17:24:17
    Brad_porter77
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 80
    Re: Walnut creek circus 2016/09/27 17:16:01 (permalink)
    You guys got me good. Just one less poster on these forums
    SwimFishieSwim
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 133
    Re: Walnut creek circus 2016/09/27 17:19:39 (permalink)
    fishfashfush
    I was there from 530 a.m. to 430 p.m saturday 1 fish kept.. not by me.. no purposeful snagging and if there was it was a quick break off , appx 10 landed all day by everyone All returned. Let's get reel here. One guy did catch a nice chromer foul hooked to someone's broken off line but it too was returned

This is pretty accurate. I was the one who cut my line after my buddy foul hooked a fish and released it.
    Saw another guy at the end get his fly crushed by a fat chromer and he also released it after taking a pic. Wasn't his first rodeo from what I saw. Pretty calm day at that hole to be fair... the fish acted as expected with the lack of flow.
    fishrmn
    Expert Angler
    Re: Walnut creek circus 2016/09/27 21:03:00 (permalink)
    Genie,

Glad to see you're still around, I still lurk the board occasionally. I see some things certainly never change 😊. No more earrings for this guy.
    fishrmn
    Expert Angler
    Re: Walnut creek circus 2016/09/27 21:05:06 (permalink)
    old dog
    when it comes to steelhead, fishrmn is the final word on the subject.  he's proven himself year after year after year. tim, saw the pics.  as always, you rock.  saw the vids with you and adam also.  man, you two should be doing a tv show. talk to you soon,rap

As always, thanks for the kind words sir. Always an open invite anytime you'd like to hit the water!
    Ironhed
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1892
    Re: Walnut creek circus 2016/09/28 01:20:32 (permalink)
    genieman77
    fishrmn
    Brad,

Maybe Brad doesn't quite get what you're saying, Timbo.So I'll make it a little clearer for him... Brad, if you feel the need to inform every yoyo on the internet about fish numbers and locations, ( especvially in the early sesson) expect plenty yoyos to join you. Just the way it is...That's why I asked if you were new to the steeltribs  Tim,  did you get rid of that stoopit ear ring yet ?Only black dudes can wear that stuff and look normal....   LTA 

Easy on the earings there, Pappy!
    ;-)

Blacktop Charters
    genieman77
    Pro Angler
    Re: Walnut creek circus 2016/09/28 05:07:34 (permalink)
    Ironhed
    genieman77
    fishrmn
    Brad,

Maybe Brad doesn't quite get what you're saying, Timbo.So I'll make it a little clearer for him... Brad, if you feel the need to inform every yoyo on the internet about fish numbers and locations, ( especvially in the early sesson) expect plenty yoyos to join you. Just the way it is...That's why I asked if you were new to the steeltribs  Tim,  did you get rid of that stoopit ear ring yet ?Only black dudes can wear that stuff and look normal....   LTA 

Easy on the earings there, Pappy!
    ;-)

Only black dudes and pirates can look normal, MAYBE then ??

and watch that "Pappy" schuft Boy !
    I still gots most of my teeth....even an ole dog with one tooth can  be viscous ....

..L.T.A.
    genieman77
    Pro Angler
    Re: Walnut creek circus 2016/09/28 08:31:17 (permalink)
    old dog
    ''I still gots most of my teeth....even an ole dog with one tooth can  be viscous .''

gman, i've still got seven!

That's enough to bite their earlobe off......

LTA
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 11939
    Re: Walnut creek circus 2016/09/28 09:43:36 (permalink)
    Hang on Genieman I'm sending help.......................

Just thend thummm back as thoon as possible, I theeem to talk fummy wif  fout thuum.

Opps my bad    wong thwed  sowwy.
    post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2016/09/28 09:57:04

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: Walnut creek circus 2016/09/28 15:25:28 (permalink)
    Comment revised heh... heh... hehhh.  OOPS
    post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2016/09/29 09:52:57

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

chartist
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 925
    Re: Walnut creek circus 2016/09/28 19:16:37 (permalink)
    With Pulaski NY only 4 hours to your north, why do you folks bother with Erie steelhead?  Been there and done that, it's not worth it.  
    fishrmn
    Expert Angler
    Re: Walnut creek circus 2016/09/28 19:24:28 (permalink)
    Chartist,

I enjoy the challenge of convincing a fish to eat my presentation. When I decide I want to floss fish in white water with a fly rod all day long I'll join you on that joke of a river.
    fishrmn
    Expert Angler
    Re: Walnut creek circus 2016/09/28 19:26:22 (permalink)
    genieman77
    fishrmn
    Genie,

Glad to see you're still around, I still lurk the board occasionally. I see some things certainly never change 😊. No more earrings for this guy.

Way just lurk??What happened?? Too many throwing rocks or what? LTA 

Genie,

No rock throwing, this place has just gotten a little stale. Most of us still keep in touch on Facebook.

-Tim
    pheasant tail 2
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 401
    Re: Walnut creek circus 2016/09/28 22:24:32 (permalink)
    The circus has come to town. The Big Top is up.The clowns are riding in their little cars. The elephants are on parade. Walnut crowded on a weekend in September. And someone is surprised????????????

PT2

fisherofmen376
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2213
    Re: Walnut creek circus 2016/09/28 22:35:44 (permalink)
    awwww snap its good to hear from yinz!!!!  Il never leave this place no matter how many jagoffs there are (I include myself in that description).    Im working upere thursday...I got 3 ahhrs to kill afterwards b4 i gotta git back to da burgh.  Low and clear...can't wait to watch em chase my junk dahhn and slam it!!!!  
    Actually looks like some rain is headed our way.  We shall see.  

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."
    Matthew 4:19
    dano
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2974
    Re: Walnut creek circus 2016/09/29 07:49:05 (permalink)
    I think he has become quite the celebrity over there, too.
    johnthefisherman
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    Re: Walnut creek circus 2016/09/29 08:18:04 (permalink)
    Drive an extra four hours to fish with you? I don't think so. 

Pro Staff:
    Liquid Mayhem: www.liquidmayhem.com
    Lunker City: www.lunkercity.com
    Titan Tungsten: www.titan-tungsten.com
    Trophy Technology: www.trophytechnology.com 

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing 

BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: Walnut creek circus 2016/09/29 09:07:40 (permalink)

chartist
    With Pulaski NY only 4 hours to your north, why do you folks bother with Erie steelhead?  Been there and done that, it's not worth it.  

Ummm, somebody call???

BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: Walnut creek circus 2016/09/29 09:55:47 (permalink)
    Does any of the Trout Community know how the "new improved trout fishing program" introduced in August 2015 is working?  Did it get off the ground as expected, was it successful and, is there a stream in NW PA.?

For those that missed it, you can find the original announcement at this link.  Excuse the pop-up, just X them out to see the story.

UPDATE.......

Heh.. heh... hehh.... Is my face red  seems there was a vital piece of information missing (nothing unusual) from my page.   

I should like to thank rsquared for taking the time to call this to my attention. 

And now without further ado; https://www.fish.state.pa.us/news/2015pr/big-trout-program.htm 

FishinGuy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2074
    Re: Walnut creek circus 2016/09/29 10:24:07 (permalink)
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Does any of the Trout Community know how the "new improved trout fishing program" introduced in August 2015 is working?  Did it get off the ground as expected, was it successful and, is there a stream in NW PA.? For those that missed it, you can find the original announcement at this link.  Excuse the pop-up, just X them out to see the story. UPDATE....... Heh.. heh... hehh.... Is my face red  seems there was a vital piece of information missing (nothing unusual) from my page.    I should like to thank rsquared for taking the time to call this to my attention.  And now without further ado; https://www.fish.state.pa.us/news/2015pr/big-trout-program.htm 
    check here http://forums.fishusa.com/m/post.aspx?f=6
    genieman77
    Pro Angler
    Re: Walnut creek circus 2016/09/29 18:37:46 (permalink)
    I just saw Brad's report ...and pic of the manhole

he must be new at this ...as he suggested THAT was "shoulder to shoulder"????

check it a month from now on a weekend, Brad  ...and you'll see  what "shoulder to shoulder" looks like

.L.T.A.
    PooFLinger
    Expert Angler
    Re: Walnut creek circus 2016/09/29 19:35:09 (permalink)
    genieman77
    I just saw Brad's report ...and pic of the manhole he must be new at this ...as he suggested THAT was "shoulder to shoulder"???? check it a month from now on a weekend, Brad  ...and you'll see  what "shoulder to shoulder" looks like  .L.T.A.
    .......LOL I say the jig is up the news is out... 🤔

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: