9/26/16 report

Author
3fan
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 668
  • Reward points: 0
2016/09/26 20:13:54 (permalink)

9/26/16 report

Realizing I haven't been much of a contributor on here I did manage to get up to the salmon today to wet a line for the first time in 9 months! Took my assistant cook who has never been up and went to below the root felt so good to put my waders on and hold the old fly swatter. Started just above the island and saw a fish right off the bat little guy holding at head of the fast water, 3 swings and he was gone. Worked the whole stretch seeing no more fish loaded and went down to Pineville bridge to another spot I like to hit nothing moving. Loaded up and went to ballpark to watch the snaggers um I mean fisherman, 20 minutes and not a fish on which surprised me considering the number of times these guys cast in a minute hell their hook barely gets wet and they are yanking and casting again, sad. Loaded up and went to elis cove lot where I like to fish above the muskrat hole and saw 3 beautiful Cohoe and got about 3 swings at them before they slowly moved into the shade on far side and never saw them or any other fish rest of the day. With the reports I have been reading on the dsr site thought for sure there would be fish around, oh well loved it all the same and gonna try to get back next Monday, only day restaurant is closed. For the folks I know on here the restaurant is just blowing up I am very lucky to have a great fun staff and things are going extremely well. Yesterday was my 45th birthday party and my employees had the shining star band come and play for it, they play dead music and are formed from 2 of the original members of homel alinize, probably spelled wrong that I used to go see 25 years ago at sutters mill on su hill. Great time was had, well hope to share some water with you guys soon, and still waiting to be introduced to brown town ;) Hope all is well with you guys and fish on!

5 Replies Related Threads

fichy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1896
    Re: 9/26/16 report 2016/09/26 21:57:34 (permalink)
    Great news about your place!  Hard as heck  to get that type of business off the ground, no doubt you are one hard worker. Thanks for stopping in with a very good, honest report. Best wishes from Nancy and I.
    r3g3
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3065
    Re: 9/26/16 report 2016/09/26 23:02:14 (permalink)
    3Fan-
    Great to hear your business is doing well and thanks for the upriver  report.
    Glad to have changed my mind about being up there this week too--lol.
    Hope you can get back whenever it improves.
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    Re: 9/26/16 report 2016/09/27 17:29:57 (permalink)
    Thanks for the river run report John . You are a contributor to all things :)
    Glad to hear your busy , busy is good I'd suspect :) heck where else can you get live music in your house !!
    Great report and hope to see more of you getting relaxation .
    See you soon brother

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    Clint S
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3706
    Re: 9/26/16 report 2016/09/27 22:10:55 (permalink)
    Yea mm congrats All around.  Been busy with chores and getting ready  for winter. Figured work now and have time to play with steel later.....

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

twobob
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1674
    Re: 9/26/16 report 2016/09/28 13:58:47 (permalink)
    Great about your restaurant!
    You took a big gamble and its paying off.

How many jalorms around the vines?
    I'll take a beautiful day with 3 cohos to fish for, if only briefly.
    Sounds like you're crushing life!
    Jump to: