9/11 15 years ago

Author
chrisrowboat
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 688
  • Reward points: 0
2016/09/11 19:09:29 (permalink)

9/11 15 years ago

15 years ago there were Steelhead and Salmon in the streams. Pressure was light for the next week or so as we all were sorting out what was going on in the world. 15years and the day is still a different day, a day to remember and just be close to family.
RIP all that passed on this day 15 years ago.

Proud to have been a FOT/
I've been out fishing.
Clean your gear/
http://www.fish.state.pa.us/cleanyourgear.htm

2 Replies Related Threads

genieman77
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2534
    Re: 9/11 15 years ago 2016/09/12 05:58:26 (permalink)
    People talk about remembering exactly where they were/what they were doing when JFK was assassinated...I was just a little kid.
    I was aware of it, because I knew a "guy named Johnson" was the new prez, but don't recall details of that day

I know now how such a major event burns an indelible image of the day in one's mind

I was on my way to drop off materials at a condo when I heard on the radio the first plane struck the tower .
    Bout the time I pulled into the job site, the second plane hit.

I told one of my guys, "someone just declared war on us"

..L.T.A.
    treesparrow
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 651
    Re: 9/11 15 years ago 2016/09/12 08:04:03 (permalink)
      When JFK was assassinated I was in art class in Junior high when an announcement came over the intercom. I can still recall the feeling and the look of the speaker on the wall. When the planes hit the World Trade Ctr. I was on the phone with a Lawyer for what seemed like a couple hours. As soon as I hung up the phone, I answered a call from my sister in law. She told me to turn on the television and alerted me to what was happening. I at first was doubting  what she was describing, however seeing is sometimes believing. Both events were world changing.
      Can you imagine the world as a different place today without these extremists. 
    Jump to: