AnsweredHot!Weather thread

Page: << < ..136137138139140.. > >> Showing page 137 of 199
Author
hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
  • Reward points: 0
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/12 12:39:34 (permalink)
Thank gosh for A/C in the camper :)

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/12 15:58:40 (permalink)
We had a couple rumbles . Lifeguards wouldn't be responsible so we walked 100 yards outta their zone and had a spectacular few hrs swimming in the waves along a sandy beach .
Days like this , I don't even care about dropping a line .Bingo tonight , bbq and band tomorrow . Smiles abound .
This weather suits me fine , hold out for another day :)

Clint S
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3706
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/12 18:01:29 (permalink)
The biggest rains have missed is so far.....

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/12 18:31:43 (permalink)
Yup . Still hot as a cob here . Lake was refreshing . Nice off shore breeze . Getting busy at camp now . Heading down for one of the best sunsets on the east coast ( IMO )

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/13 10:35:30 (permalink)
More of the same for me, here in my little piece of Penn's Woods, weather dude says the temperatures to be in the high eighties again today with high humidity, and storms loaded with heavy rain, this afternoon.

Last evening was a real treat, just running a caulk gun around the trim of a door, playing Mr. Fix-it .   I mean to tell ya, it was soooo humid  it took no time to become all drippy wet and THAT(even without the straw hat) is NOT a pretty picture.  Honestly, If I could have done a "Figure Skaters Spin", I would have looked like a life sized figure of a jolly fat man, garden sprinkler.

Gotta git I sense an incoming phone call, providing orders from headquarters; the better half just picked-up and is now dialing on her cell.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/13 11:54:18 (permalink)
The biggest rain is still missing me here although it has hit to the north. Got rid of the pig this am. Usually take it in live but We tried everything to get it on the trailer, but the fat sow would not budge. Even with a rope and a winch.  Ended up putting her down, never seen anything like it,  3 22 mags in the sweet spot and she just shook them off.  The guy that picked her up was beside himself, not wanting her to suffer   because , 2 more did it though. Came close to getting the 9 out. That was one tough pig.  Now a week or so to fresh chops.

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/13 14:24:59 (permalink)
We just came off the lake . Boomers starting . Hope it passes
We got some rain over night

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/13 15:40:56 (permalink)
Here it comes !! Massive lightning . Possible flash floods !!
Time to batten down the camper !!

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/13 16:47:00 (permalink)
Since this is the real original weather thread ,
Storm moved through pretty fast . Some folks in tents were trenching ( shoulda done that before storm ) but for the most part I think it's about done .
Don't think any flash flooding will happen . Supposed to just be a partly sunny day tomorrow .
One thing of note as I always try to observe on my trips .
From Rome to Mexico the ground is brown . As usual their corn is tiny compared to ours . Not sure how it will fare .

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/13 18:40:27 (permalink)
We got a pretty bad storm and it rained for about an hour hard at times. Lots of trees down with some heavy winds. May be a few more before the am.  Not enough yet though. Rich I will be lucky if I get one ear and I watered it when I could.  The ears are 25% normal size.  Usually I get 35 to 50 dozen. No real winter squash either. 

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/13 19:05:50 (permalink)
Don't know if yinz have seen the NWS radar in the past hour, but I think if the system coming from the gulf keeps trucking North and doesn't start moving faster to the East, we may all start singing "Five Feet High and Rising" orrrr  "Row, Row, Your Boat".

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/14 16:52:29 (permalink)
We got a nice steady rain overnight along the lake . Ride home seen herkimer was hit as the Mohawk was muddy and very high . My local creek was up close to as high all summer but not muddy .
Garden was producing !!! Gonna be canning tomato's and making sauce this week :)
Great beans are still cranking . I been picking and freezing tons all summer and can't believe they are still going . Brussels look good but I crowded them so once other veggies fall off they will produce right throug snow fall.

We left Oswego county to cooler overcast skies , returned to Hot and humid here . Boomers looming .
Hope to fill in an adventure report later :
Peace & Tuna

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/16 18:35:17 (permalink)
Hope my boat is still tied and afloat..
Be safe up there folks, looks ugly right now

pafisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3000
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/16 19:02:00 (permalink)
hot tuna
Hope my boat is still tied and afloat..
Be safe up there folks, looks ugly right now

Looks like there is some rain for the watershed.A bump in water level and a drop in temps will start the migration!
Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/16 19:59:00 (permalink)
Again the worst of it was to the north of me today, so I think the watershed got a good dose. I heard a rumor of something spotted in the estuary.............

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/16 20:11:58 (permalink)
Probaly a big pike but shoot , can't use treble hooks as of yesterday so have at it with the fur ;)
Hope the salmon aren't reported running already , it might get crazy , lol
Must be the rain drops falling .
Lake was angry today a 7-9 footers :(

Lucky13
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1949
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/16 21:41:29 (permalink)
Clint,
Nice to see the word "watershed" used with understanding!
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/18 06:10:10 (permalink)
I am happy to say, my grass is full and green once again thanks to the continuous rain we received.  Heck the grass is doing so good, I got to cut it twice this week and I'm looking forward to cutting it again by next Sunday.  Now that's just about as much fun as watching paint dry, which is another story.

The humidity was very high and the instructions do say drying time may be extended by high humidity but gee whiz, the sun is shining with a good breeze blowing so I figured get-r-done.  Stupid paint, took forever to dry, but the ripple effect created by the now gale force winds blowing across the surface of the wet paint, did cause the appearance of a nice wrinkle/hammered finish.  And there ain't no runs!

Robins and Cardinals are beginning to sing and I see the sun is ready to come over the tree tops so it's off to to trim out two doors this morning (if the paint dried) followed by cleaning the swimming pool then, getting a head start on trimming in preparation of mowing.

Dam it's great to be retired......................

Tight lines and good times to all.

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/20 16:47:24 (permalink)
Hot. Too hot.  Luckily the humidity is not super high. Was going to go fishing, but did not feel like getting fried on the boat. Garden is producing meagerly after the rain. Got a few dozen small ears and I am trying to can them . I usually freeze, but a 340 pound pig took up alot  of space. I am smelling for the send time in a few years a slight sulfur smell to my well water so I think we may be into some low water table den below. Usually get it when it is dry. The winds blew warm water to our shore , putting the salmon on hold. Supposed to get a big blow tomorrow. Here is hoping for more rain.

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/20 19:36:21 (permalink)
Get the smoker ready for poached salmon

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/21 12:21:13 (permalink)
Been raining for 3 plus hours moderately.  easily an inch and a half and still coming down. Best rain in a few months

pafisher
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/21 14:47:09 (permalink)
Clint S
Been raining for 3 plus hours moderately.  easily an inch and a half and still coming down. Best rain in a few months

From what the radar shows the SR watershed is going to get a good soaking,along with the cooler temps coming the Salmon should be making their move SOON!
Also my local is even getting some rain but the heaviest rain is N/ NW of me
Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/21 19:53:42 (permalink)
According to my bucket about 2.5 inches fell today, more than the whole summer it seems.

pafisher
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/23 10:00:16 (permalink)
There are some systems forming in the Atlantic off Africa,they have the potential to become the storm I've been looking for to push a two-three day rain event into my area,nothing definite but maybe!
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/23 12:15:13 (permalink)
Good luck pafisher with getting some slow drawn out rain showers down your way but do us here in the NW corner a favor and, keep it in your area.  I've had to cut my grass three times in the past seven days however, I must say, the four cornstalks, two squash plants and one pumpkin vine all of which I did not plant, are doing well...  so far.  The heck of it is, the pumpkin vine is nowhere near where I once planted pumpkins. 

Here's wishin tight lines and good times to all..................   BTDT said that, 10-4?

pafisher
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/23 12:57:37 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
Good luck pafisher with getting some slow drawn out rain showers down your way but do us here in the NW corner a favor and, keep it in your area.  I've had to cut my grass three times in the past seven days however, I must say, the four cornstalks, two squash plants and one pumpkin vine all of which I did not plant, are doing well...  so far.  The heck of it is, the pumpkin vine is nowhere near where I once planted pumpkins. 

Here's wishin tight lines and good times to all..................   BTDT said that, 10-4?

The Erie tribs could use that drawn out rain from the looks of the water gauges,and yes we really need it here.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/23 13:22:18 (permalink)
You certainly are correct and I would like to see them get a soaker but for that to happen, the rain need be further north east of me.

It's time for some good fishin.

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/24 16:26:01 (permalink)
Hot and lower humidity, the lawn is greening up.  FWIW the first fish were reported today

pafisher
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/24 17:09:54 (permalink)
Just got off the DSR site and there was one Salmon landed today by a guide and a few more sighted,when the water cools to around low 60's they will run.But now the temps are going up AGAIN!
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/24 19:13:13 (permalink)
As long as they stay in the lake this weekend , lake plays nice and we find one or 2 that want to bite , I'm happy .
What are your dates again Jack ? I may be leaving the country for 2 weeks in October .

Page: << < ..136137138139140.. > >> Showing page 137 of 199
Jump to: