AnsweredHot!Weather thread

Page: << < ..131132133134135.. > >> Showing page 135 of 199
Author
Clint S
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3706
  • Reward points: 0
Re:Weather thread 2016/07/25 17:10:17 (permalink)
The biggest stuff hit to the south, the watershed did not get alot. It maybe rained for 15 minutes north of Mexico

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

Lucky13
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1949
Re:Weather thread 2016/07/25 22:19:36 (permalink)
Based on da mapz I saw, da Lehigh Valley should be getting drenched about now.  Enjoy the grace of the bountiful Lord!
pafisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3000
Re:Weather thread 2016/07/25 22:21:28 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
pafisher
BeenThereDoneThat.
pafisher, I hope you get drenched! Or at least the area needed to help the SR. 

I hope we get drenched also but the Lehigh Valley is about 250 miles South of the SR!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

He hee, Now I know what the SR stands for.............  Serves-u-Right.  

Good deal pafisher, I hope the rain brings relief to the terribly dry conditions in your area.

Well we got some more rain from that second line but could use a LOT more.We need a good ole Tropical Depression off the Atlantic Ocean!

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re:Weather thread 2016/07/25 22:31:21 (permalink)
I was trying to push it your way on my radar map, maybe I pushed too hard. 

Glad ya got something and hope you get that depression as long as it don't turn into a Nor Easter. 

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

pafisher
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/07/26 10:59:43 (permalink)
Lucky13
Based on da mapz I saw, da Lehigh Valley should be getting drenched about now.  Enjoy the grace of the bountiful Lord!

We had some downpours,and they help,but we need a couple days of steady rain to fill the ground with water.
hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
Re:Weather thread 2016/07/28 20:37:42 (permalink)
Got home from the job to another 90's hot and humid day . Rushed packing gear for tomorrow's Great Lake adventure . Picked and watered the garden veggies as a daily chore because we haven't had rain in at least 7 days here . Read the lake reports in the upcoming trip , fish here here , low water in the tribs . That causes me concern at my dock .
In the morning commute , today I noticed my local water fall is dry , the kinderhook was at a lowest point of the year and recent memory . Grass I killed by leaving a j boat on almost 3 weeks ago has not returned , lawn grass is pretty toast as well wich don't hurt my feelings as I'm never home to mow ;) .

Finally , after all the chores were done I was ready to jump into that sparking inground pool I so rarely use but maintain :( and the rain begun to fall !! In buckets !!
Yea for the garden , skeeters and weeds :(

Word on the lake street , there are nice fish swimming out there . I hope to get lucky and have fun trying .
Hey , rain stopped , time for a swim

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/07/28 22:09:21 (permalink)
My little piece of Penn's Woods has enjoyed a bit of relief from the high humidity, the past few days, and we received a nice hour long shower around 5:00PM this afternoon.  When it comes to grass cutting, normally I empty the vacuum bags 5 to 6 times but this last time, I need only dump the bags twice.  I have a ton of clover in my front yard and usually this time of year, the yard looks snow covered when the grass needs cut, not so, this year. 

Good luck HT, tight lines and good times on your trip.  We will be waiting for some great pictures.

Oh, in your profession of work, have you ever taken a reading of the of the temp in your actual work environment when the air temp. is 90 degrees?    I think many people would be surprised at what those temperatures truly are.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/07/29 07:07:21 (permalink)
Yes we are required to wear a heat and humidity temp monitor . Work rules allow so many mins work and so many off at certain temps we work in .
Some areas are over 160 degs
post edited by hot tuna - 2016/07/29 09:00:16

pafisher
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/07/29 08:31:55 (permalink)
Locally we finally got several hrs of steady rainfall during the night,hopefully we get more in the coming days.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/07/29 10:30:04 (permalink)
HT right now I'm wondering if the readers realize those temperatures are "real time recorded" and not, the "feels like" temperature babbled about by weather forecasters.  I do know, to the dedicated trades people; be they paving a road or working in the sky, it's just another day at the office.  Take care and catch a bunch.

pafisher, I was looking at the projected weather reports for this coming week and you may get your wish,  but it was "The Weather Channel" and they show a 50:50 chance.  Looks like Saturday night through Sunday then back to the heat for yinz.

I awoke early this morning to heavy fog that finally cleared around 9:00 AM when some wind came through.  Mostly cloudy for me today, with a possibility of thunder showers around 2:00 PM.  Now the fog has cleared (outside), to fish or; not to fish, that is the question.

Tight lines and good times.

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/07/29 20:04:50 (permalink)
Oneida bound tomorrow am and then wishing for rain......   I have next week off and could care less if it rains every day

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

troutbum21
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1301
Re:Weather thread 2016/07/29 20:30:16 (permalink)
I had some overnight precipitation but the T storms predicted for later in the day never materialized.  It was actually a nice day in the lower Hudson Valley with the temperatures less oppressive than the last few.
Chance of pop up T storms the next couple of days but cooler by Tuesday. 
I'd like to do some fishing for my BD on Tuesday but can't decide to fish local, hit the Big D or get on a head boat on Long Island Sound.  Regardless, days are starting to get shorter which means Fall can't be too far off and with it Silly Season. 
Enjoy what is left of the summer as Labor day is rapidly approaching.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/07/29 21:12:06 (permalink)
Been seeing more and more crickets though they are not singing yet and I heard my first two, what I believe were, cicadas buzzing for the first time this afternoon.

Enjoyed another gentle shower late in the day, but not seeing any change with the growing humidity.  No lie about the sun setting much earlier now, just a few weeks ago it was still good daylight at 9:00 PM, in my little piece of Penn's Woods.

Good luck on your trip to Oneida Clint have fun, we will be waiting for the pictures.

r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3065
Re:Weather thread 2016/07/30 19:10:59 (permalink)
Spent last week around Misquamicut (sp?) golfing and eating seafood. Wifey did the beach each afternoon while I ran back to Ct to care for the dog.
We missed the high 90s weather and humidity and came home to a nice shower on Friday-first in a long time-not big but appreciated.
Right now its raining decently with thunder. Hope it lasts a while.
First steady actual  rain in many weeks and the weather folks say more to come on the 10 day-GOOD.
post edited by r3g3 - 2016/07/30 21:12:50
Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/07/30 20:00:48 (permalink)
I heard the cicadas too starting yesterday. Don't get many crickets due to the chickens. Oneida absolutely blew today. Conditions were prefect. slight breeze, overcast, not too hot. Fishing was so bad even the goby's would not bite. We got one keeper perch in 8 hours.  No eyes , sunfish no nothing.

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/07/30 22:01:18 (permalink)
No rain on the Great Lake adventure so far . No fish to speak of either . I coho and a few dink perch but I will take it . Swimming was fun , food was good and friends are priceless

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/07/31 07:53:23 (permalink)
No rain came that was forecasted and it seems the 60% chance for last night through today will be 0% .  Sucks

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/07/31 08:16:54 (permalink)
Another bumpy ride out here in the Dead Sea

troutbum21
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1301
Re:Weather thread 2016/07/31 09:12:07 (permalink)
A gully washer rolled through about 5:00 this morning, last night too.  It'll help but we need a few days of steady gentle rain so the ground has time to soak it up. 
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/07/31 09:46:39 (permalink)
Maryland got more than she could handle with some heavy flash flooding reported as did parts of SE Pennsylvania.

Pafisher give us a holler and let us know how yinz are doing.

pafisher
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/07/31 10:18:23 (permalink)
Locally we got a heavy shower and then some steady off and on rain,that really helped I'm certain.The really heavy stuff was all around us but not on us,not complaining about that.The forecast is for more showers until Tues.,we can still use the moisture.
pafisher
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/07/31 10:19:41 (permalink)
hot tuna
Another bumpy ride out here in the Dead Sea

Rich,what are the reports from other boats,anyone catching anything out there?
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/07/31 18:03:41 (permalink)
While we didn't get any rain up at the Great Lake , apparently it poured here at the house . My pool is almost to max capacity and the local waterfall is flowing strong again .
As for the adventure , I will have a write up with pics soon but to your question jack ,
I talked to 2 well known charter/ guides up there . The 1 never moved his boat all weekend . There was a tourney at my Marina / didn't see the results and I was talking a dec guy doing surveys . Some people are doing "ok" most are struggling and it seems lots are talking about relocating to another port more on the western side next year .
I personally think we are still in serious trouble out there .

fichy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1896
Re:Weather thread 2016/07/31 19:58:48 (permalink)
You had it right last year,  I'll be surprised if you aren't again.  Like you said, you're having fun.  I just hope steel season is at least a possibility. Look forward to the pics and story.
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3065
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/01 19:51:20 (permalink)

Rich, as you know, have been downplaying the up coming season for some time.
kinda think there aint no way the fish can bounce back in one season considering diminished natural repro and bait stock issues leaving deads on the bottom.
Even with a mild winter behind us its just too quick for so much change ( hope to be wrong).
Heck -who saw Jacks in the past couple of seasons ??? An indicator of this years return ??.
That said, there will be fish and we regulars  will catch some, to our great joy.
Most of us have experienced low numbers in the past and the sky didn't fall on us.
Keep on trucking and look to a more positive future with some decently mild winters ahead.
Its all about the bait IMHO.

Charlie- hate to say it, but personally don't see any great increase this season in Steel for all the same reasons.
Again-I hope to be proven wrong.
post edited by r3g3 - 2016/08/01 19:55:06
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/01 20:44:24 (permalink)
Trevor ,
This lake troll is still fairly new to me so I'm trying to learn . Lean years on the river are not , especially steelhead fishing .
If I could trade trout for salmon I surly would . If I could trade the solitude of the Great Lake for having to get a spot at O'dark thirty or be skunked , it seems I have .
Honestly I don't know what lies in store of the lakes future . As long as it gives me an opportunity to have fun trying , I'm still learning and having fun . Once that stops then it's time to move on .

Btw, some pretty nice rainfall in the last 3 days to turn the grass green and make the corn tall .

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/01 21:30:31 (permalink)
We got barely a drop, it was all to the south. Garden is green due to watering  , but there are no squash forming. Corn is half it's size and tomatoes are still green.  Second cutting for hay and silage is non existent. I bucked and split 4 cord of wood and canned about 30 jars of beans and carrots. Wife wants to cut out aluminum cans if possible. I need to go back to work and rest.  Hope I can walk on Saturday Rich at this rate I will need a wheelchair and fall asleep.

pafisher
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/01 22:42:11 (permalink)
I've been watching the radar today and there was a lot of green,yellow and red North East of Pulaski in the mountains,hope some of it drains onto the SR.Locally it went all around me but not on me.
Clint S
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/02 19:39:40 (permalink)
Yesterday Altmar and Pulaski got half inch (like my wife ) , we here ten miles away got zilch. There were a few scatters around today, did not hear exact where they ht

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2016/08/02 20:19:09 (permalink)
7:45 PM and just backed the mower into the mancave, sitting for a bit cooling off, enjoying a Murphy's Draught.  Pool is next, not to enjoy a dip though,  vacuuming is in order after the heavy rains.  Shouldn't require but 30 minutes or so and not nearly as bad when cleaning algae.  Then there will be time to relax, perhaps with a second draught...... or two.

No rain in the near forecast for my little piece of Penn's Woods but the heat is not going anywhere soon.  Been far too hot for me to enjoy fishing so it's just been honey-do this or that (when "I" felt like getting to it).  

Haven't seen or heard the Cicada's but for that one day, maybe some bird had a good lunch.  Got maybe 30 minutes of daylight so I gotta get.  

Be right there dear!!!

Tight lines and good times.

Page: << < ..131132133134135.. > >> Showing page 135 of 199
Jump to: