Helpful ReplyPYMATUNING FISHING REPORT

Page: << < ..3637383940.. > >> Showing page 39 of 72
Author
Walleye jigs
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1231
  • Reward points: 0
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/06/30 09:29:25 (permalink)
If you want to compress your pictures and have Windows 10 may I  suggest a 3# hammer! Thanks to BtDt also advise you buy stock in Tylenol.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/06/30 13:08:40 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby roygpa 2016/06/30 13:15:48
Pictures can be resized and saved to a file in a picture folder using "EDIT".

I use "Paint" to open a picture file, resize and resave to a "new folder".

Some computers just need, right click on the picture, to pop-up a menu then left click the edit box.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/07/02 23:35:48 (permalink)
Twas a gorgeous day on the Pymatuning today and plenty of people enjoying it, including me.  Launched at Snodgrass about noon, setting sail for twenty foot of water where I stopped the motor and tossed a 1/2 oz walking jig, wearing a 3 inch black twister tail, overboard.   I let the jig drag on the bottom, as I laid the rod against the gunnel with a very loose setting on the reel drag, and began preparing my trolling rods.   

I kept a close eye on the rod tip as it bent and relaxed, letting me know the jig was bouncing along as the wind from the NW pushed us while I tightened the first reel loaded with leadcore, into the rod seat.  Wasn't long before the Helix began chirping and showing little fishy pictures 19' down in 20 FOW and and by now, I had tied my lure of choice to the leader of the leadcore.    

I barely set the trolling rod into it's holder when the tip of my jigging rod bent over and the drag began paying out line.  Quickly lifting the rod from the gunnel I knew I had a fish and it was a heavy fish too.  Shaking it's head and trying to stay down in the deep water I slowly reeled in line, not allowing any slack, hoping to prevent the fish from "spitting" my lure.  Several times I lost ground as the fish shook it's head and headed back down from where it came but each time, I was able to regain control and head the fish back toward the surface. 

I began having flashbacks of walleye caught in the past, one in particular, when my buddy Outasync and I was fishing and I was using the same rig and style of fishing.  Then, Dave was there to help net a beautiful 25 inch eye that I hooked and this fish, was acting the very same way but this time, no Dave.

It wasn't until it dove again when I got a quick glimpse of a white belly and my heart started to pound, man this was a fish I'd be taking pictures of and posting on the boards, if I can just get it in the boat.  Then suddenly the fish gave up, no more fight, still deep I began reeling the heavy fish up, dropping the rod tip to the surface of the water in anticipation of lifting the rod bringing the fish to my net which, I am now trying to grab.

Dipping the net into the water, I raised the rod tip attempting to lead the fish but, it never made it to the net.  

No sir, not in my net, nope not gonna happen, stupid catfish.

All in all, it was a great day as I eventually boated Bass, Crappie, Perch, and yes two Walleye that unfortunately, were just 13 and 15 inches.

With the exception of a face full of hooks, no fish were harmed in the making of this long winded adventure.

Good times and tight lines.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

marco
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 171
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/07/03 13:19:51 (permalink)
btdt..awesome story...sounds like a great day on the water!  cant wait to get there!!!
pymafish615
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 24
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/07/04 02:09:23 (permalink)
I went out last two days trying out water puppets in 10-13 fow caught a bunch of perch, couple catfish and one 16" walleye. May go out tomorrow should I go deeper?
marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/07/04 08:17:35 (permalink)
ok....I been caught again..just ordered a bunch of water puppets that I will probably never catch a fish with.  I gotta be an idiot when it comes to trying new stuff.  I may not catch fish but my tackle box looks impressive!!!
outasync
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 730
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/07/04 08:50:27 (permalink)
Do they do anything different than a regular jig? I've been caught good this year went from 5 flicker shad to 20 and about 10 flicker minnows and increased my hot n tots by about double. Ice never really trolled anything besides harnesses until this year. Big difference I've seen is I can't seem to find any legal walleyes!
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/07/04 09:02:44 (permalink)

How the heck are ya 'pose to catch fish using these.............  there ain't any hooks???????

Whoops, my bad, wrong Water Puppet........ heh heh,  here we go!

post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2016/07/04 09:07:05

mopars0
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 742
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/07/04 10:45:42 (permalink)
Lol. .... Ok BTDT as usual I'm just speechless !!! 🍺🍺 ya just made my day though ..... 🇺🇸Happy 4th of July🇺🇸

STEVE.
marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/07/04 13:16:13 (permalink)
outaync,  I don't think any of them make a difference..like btdt said..."they are made to catch fisherman more than fish"  I bet if we all got rid of all our high tech stuff...and we all went fishing with worms and a sinker we would all catch more fish!!!   lmao...soon as I am able I will try that...until the next post of the super secret lures comes along!
marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/07/04 13:20:28 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
Make certain your photos are resized to meet the required size;  I go with 680 pixels or less.  

From a 'puter click on the "Photos" button found at the top of the home page.  You 'may' need to create a "Album" the first time around then, click the "Photo Galleries" button.  

Now the tricky part, Unless you are taken (auto) to the next page look for your album under the "MY ALBUM . RECENTLY UPDATED ALBUM" bar, and click on your icon.  

New Page, at the top, under your name, find and click on the "UPLOAD PHOTOS" button.

POP-UP........  click the select button which will give you access to your picture files, choose the picture of your liking and click. (depending on your 'puter, you may need to double click)

Your screen should change back so you can watch the upload taking place, if approved the picture will load into your album and be displayed, if denied, "FILE UPLOAD FAILED" will appear.  

Generally if the picture is refused, it's TOO big and needs to be resized.

ROUND II

Before beginning to post a picture to a thread, it is best to be on the "FULL VERSION PAGE".  Top left of the "TOOL BAR" find "Quick Reply": (Open Full Version) and click.  You should be taken to a new posting page.

Tool Bar, right side, find the picture icon (picture of sun and tree) and click.

POP-UP, find "From Gallery/Upload" and click.

POP-UP, find "Images from your Alblums" aaaaaaaaaaand click! 

Your album should appear and you need only click the picture(s) you wish to download. Now, click the button at the lefthand bottom of the pop-up "DONE"

Be sure the cursor is flashing where you wish your pictures to appear on your post page.

Hope this helps, don't give up and remember to RESIZE the photo in your picture files before uploading.

Photobucket caution, using the wrong link to post a picture can and will give access to your entire album(s). 

btdt..aint a chance in hell I could do all that...lmao..yr getting better at this!

pymafish615
New Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/07/04 16:02:31 (permalink)
I bought four of the water puppets to try out and I used one next to one of my favorite drift rigs and it caught more fish then the drift rig. I usually just use my own drift rigs but figured I'd try them out and liked the results for the two times I've used them.
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1156
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/07/05 09:46:54 (permalink)
Made it out to pymy for the first time in almost 2 months yesterday. Was a beautiful afternoon with a nice breeze and overcast skies. Boated 10 eyes, unfortunately only one legal one. Lots of 14" ones that went back to grow up. Think every Dutchman in Crawford county must have been out there yesterday
Big Tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1882
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/07/07 00:05:17 (permalink)
Glad there's a good supply of sub legal fish for next year. Unfortunately some fishermen keep them and everything else with a head and a tail. I've seen buckets of sub legal eyes and bass heading home on the buggies. Unfortunately if you or I would do that we'd get busted not that I'd want to keep short fish,I'm just saying. 
bottom troller
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 18
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/07/08 13:04:58 (permalink)
Kind of quiet here lately everyone must be out fishing no time to chat!!!

Well my wife and kids and my self are heading up tomorrow for a long weekend, staying at the Jamestown campground. probly the last trip for the year 😢! Any info or reports would be greatly appreciated in helping keep the kids and and mrs. interest in the boat with me! I know the fishing slows in this summer heat but it's the only time I can get up to the lake!
Hey also all these fish cribs that I read about in the lake are they productive this time if year? What's a good way to fish around them?
Thanks in advance and tight lines to all!!
outasync
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 730
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/07/08 22:00:04 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby roygpa 2016/07/10 19:58:56
I trolled from snodgrass north almost to orchard today and only managed a 30 inch musky, 4 perch and a smallie. No one I talked to had much better luck
bottom troller
New Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/07/08 22:23:33 (permalink)
I was beginning to worry this was a ghost town around here!!
Well at least you had a little action thanks for the update!

I will give an update on what I get into the next few days!!
pymafish615
New Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/07/09 00:49:09 (permalink)
I left snodgrass at six fished til 10 tonight mostly 10-13 fow caught bunch of perch 2 catfish and a smallie. I tried deeper with no luck
bottom troller
New Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/07/09 10:56:41 (permalink)
Thanks for the report I'm going to be up the next four days I will try to give reports if I find any fish!!
bottom troller
New Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/07/10 20:54:25 (permalink)
Just like this forum slow go!! Catfish and small kind of perch!!! Limp lines!!!
mopars0
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 742
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/07/10 22:23:31 (permalink)
Well guess I'm not missing anything 😜 I have got a lot of work done though .... Things will pick up , I'm sure ......Good luck to all 🍺🍺

STEVE.
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1156
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/07/11 05:45:16 (permalink)
Was out Saturday afternoon. 2 short eyes and the regular perch/catfish mix. Sailboats were out in full force having fun on a windy day.
StewFc
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 550
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/07/11 12:59:22 (permalink)
Made it up yesterday, Sunday July 10. I believe it will be my last trip of the year. The lake is now a catfish pond. Cats and dink perch ALL DAY!!! Yeah, I get that I should be happy about catching fish, but traveling that distance round trip in one day increases my demands on the lake....which it has lived up to in past years.
marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/07/11 13:27:48 (permalink)
stewfc,  you just ruined my day.  wife and I are going up sunday and Monday.  because of health issues I have not fished for 2 month.  hopefully it will change!!!

woodnickle
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8500
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/07/11 13:44:49 (permalink)
stewfc agree the lake has a closed mouth on legal eyes....fished Thursday with a bunch of perch small gills and small cats being caught....even drove from the dam to The point...a 1hr and a half ride on the toon and still disappointed

StewFc
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 550
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/07/11 14:01:31 (permalink)
marco.......I should qualify my statement by disclosing that nobody has ever accused me of hogging up all the legal 'eyes!!! You will have a day filled with catching fish, and that's not all bad. Also, maybe try self hypnosis telling yourself that catfish are the bees knees....THEN you'll be delighted.

Mikastorm......I forgot to mention that we fished crawlers all up and down the water column and we did not catch one single crappie!!! Sorry, marco....ignore that.
marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/07/11 14:34:43 (permalink)
its ok...I just cant wait to get on the water.  if the fish are not biting I just pretend I am practicing for the October bite w btdt and registered.  but we did not do that well last October either! lollol  its still my favorite place to be!!!!!
roygpa
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 194
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/07/11 14:53:20 (permalink)
From what little information that I was able to gather last week (I spent the week there) the walleyes were biting at night and people are picking them up trolling in fairly shallow water. Less than 10 feet. People were pretty tight lipped with the details. Also heard some people are picking up walleye near the dam on leeches, but didn't get the time of day.
We didn't fish that much last week but when we did we caught the same as everyone else, catfish, perch and a couple of decent bluegills. I followed in btdt's footsteps and was shutout. My daughter did most of the catching, I think it was because she was trying to read a book and the fish somehow knew that.  I did read the book "The Revenant" while I was there. It's a good read. Haven't seen the movie yet, but I am pretty sure the main character gets mauled by a bear in it too. :)
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/07/12 07:37:16 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby roygpa 2016/07/12 15:19:21
I been busier than, a wallpaper hanger with a double dose of poison ivy, what with company staying over, tearing out a built-in faux fire place/entertainment center and needing to replace a section of railing around the now, open basement steps. 

Been staying in touch and from what I been reading, it is possible, there may be a need for a Catfish Derby  and fish fry on the Pymie.  

While cutting boards (that always seem to end up too short(stupid saw)), I'm seeing  the event being held at Roygpa's place where all Catfish will be turned over to Marco for official weighing and cleaning in preparation for cooking, by Old Dog.

There will be three award category's; 1. Most weight; 2. Biggest Fish; 3. Fish Eating Contest (cooks/preppers excluded) and the awards will be plaques made with Magic Marker and all the pieces of scrap lumber, now laying on my garage floor.   

All those in favor, especially those agreeing Marco should be the official weigh-in/prepper, please raise your hand. 

Gotta run, need more wood, til next time tight lines and good times.

PS.  BYOBeer
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2016/07/12 07:42:33

CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2016/07/12 10:19:25 (permalink)
Revenant was a great movie, seen it on the big screen months ago. Talk about a guy with bad luck go see this film.
No fishing lately, but if I was chasing Walleye it would be at night that's their normal feeding time.
Page: << < ..3637383940.. > >> Showing page 39 of 72
Jump to: