Many Moons Ago

Author
montanafishrmn
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 53
  • Reward points: 0
2016/05/15 12:40:01 (permalink)

Many Moons Ago

Howdy gentlemen, many moons ago I lived in Erie (born and raised there) and joined this website shortly after it first began. I haven't visited this site in around 10 years or so. I used to go by the name fishinfanatic back then and would use it still but cant remember my password or old email address that I started with. For some reason this morning I remembered this website and thought I would drop in to see if any of the old timers were still around and by golly I was surprised to see as many familiar names as I have. To those I had the pleasure of fishing with , I hope all is well with you and your families, and the fishing great. To those I didn't, well I wish you the same.

Ive lived in Montana for many years now and while the fishing out here is tremendous at times, not much can compare to the fishing on Lake Erie, particularly if you grew up a walleye fisherman, like I did. I always miss night time fishing from shore for walleyes this time of year off of Walnut, Crooked, Godfrey, Trout Run and even 20 mile.

So fellas, if its not too much trouble, could you post a few pics from the great, unparalleled Lake Erie fishery from the past year or so? It doesn't matter the species of fish, would just like to see a few recent pics to remind me of what I love more than anything, fishing Lake Erie and its tribs. I sure would appreciate it. I always took Erie for granted when I was growing up and never really paid much attention to how special of a fishery it is, until I moved away. Now, I appreciate her , miss her and cherish the few times I get to fish her when I return for the occaisional visit.

Thanks for your time fellas, wish you all tight lines and screamin drags.

post edited by montanafishrmn - 2016/05/15 14:14:00

you cant catch em if you aint fishin for em

2 Replies Related Threads

CAPTAIN HOOK
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2384
    Re: Many Moons Ago 2016/05/15 17:29:14 (permalink)
    Welcome back Mike , I haven't fished Erie shores since I hooked up with you years ago. Nice to hear your around and I know how much you miss that Walleye shore action. You were a good fisherman and were also willing to share, and help others enjoy that night Erie action . I've been lucky to have the same experience here on Pymatuning Lake and other local waters. The Walleye are not as big , but we get more numbers over all, and basically the same night fishing techniques from shore.

Don't hesitate to posts some of those Montana fishing photos !

The Night Eye's !
    workcanwait....
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 729
    Re: Many Moons Ago 2016/05/15 18:04:21 (permalink)

30 incher from Erie...
    Some steelie pics in the WAH WAH WAH post- scroll down.
    WCW

Jump to: