Wish to rent small outboard for Canada trip

Author
RLeBoeuf
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points: 0
2016/02/01 15:03:54 (permalink)

Wish to rent small outboard for Canada trip

Hi..   This is my first post on the FishUSA forums and I hope I'm not violating any of the rules in the following request.  If so, let me know and of course, delete the topic.

Now...

We are seeking to rent a small (approx. 10hp) outboard for use during a Quebec fishing trip we have planned for this June (2016).  We would need the motor from approx. 6/11/16 until approx. 6/20/16.  We have a boat and, actually, we also have a 5 hp motor.  But it would be nice if we could get something just a little bigger on a short term basis to cut our on-the-water travel times to and from fishing locations on the big reservoir we will be on. 

I have no idea if there are dealers or marinas or supply houses that do this sort of thing (motor only rentals) anywhere near our location in Erie County, PA and if there are, what the going rates, etc. would be for this sort of thing.  We'd be willing to travel a ways, if necessary, to pick the motor up.  How far would, of course, depend on the availability of the right motor at a fair price, etc.

I know next to nothing about this sort of thing.  Generally, I'm a flowing water angler and my feet are my propulsion.   But, we're taking this trip and I know there is a lot of knowledge here, so I figured I'd float (pardon the pun..) the idea here and see what sort of response, if any, I got..... 

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated, either here on the thread or via PM.

Thanks!
RL

1 Reply Related Threads

mr.crappie
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2549
    • Reward points: 0
    Re: Wish to rent small outboard for Canada trip 2016/02/07 02:49:05 (permalink)
    rl, I know some  car rentals,like Hertz used to rent boat & trailers,don't know any details but not cheap. I think that I would try to buy a used one & sell it when I got home. Another idea would be to check out any outfittters in the area that you are going & see if they would rent one. One of the outdoor shows in your area may have a outfitter that could help.   good luck   sam
    Jump to: