AnsweredHot!Weather thread

Page: << < ..111112113114115.. > >> Showing page 115 of 199
Author
pafisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3000
  • Reward points: 0
Re:Weather thread 2015/11/30 17:10:23 (permalink)
my report is....to my surprise the water was low and clear which had all the fish(the few that are there )holed up and not moving,walked quite a bit and fished all kinds of water....NOTHING! ZILCH! NADA!.
Got a lot of exercise,enjoyed the weather and scenery but that's it.
WEdnesday is my next try.
Lucky13
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1949
Re:Weather thread 2015/11/30 22:02:48 (permalink)
So Penciltucky is just like the SR this year!  Good luck, we're going to go beat ourselves up again tomorrow.
hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
Re:Weather thread 2015/12/02 17:46:28 (permalink)
Pretty ugly day unless maybe you were a fish . Mud city returned with the heavy equipment at job. Wish things would start to tighten up , like ICE
hope things went better for those that played in the water :)
Might get an inch or 2 snow up at deer camp tomorrow . A last blast with long distance viewing would be nice ..
Stay warm & do that ICE dance for me Jack

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
pafisher
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/12/02 18:17:42 (permalink)
I'm busy doing a rain dance for Erie....went out today and got skunked,don't remember ever being skunked three days,or one day out here.Will go FridayIF they get the rain they say is coming.
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/12/02 18:43:53 (permalink)
Jack I know it hurts but that seems to be the Great Lakes theme .. Good luck Friday , seems the rain is off the lakes and snow in my deer hills :)

uglyfish
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 561
Re:Weather thread 2015/12/02 19:40:56 (permalink)
Best of luck Jack it's official for me I'm on the DL. Had my foot surgery today and no walking for a couple of weeks then a walking boot for a while. No pain yet they gave me a shot above my knee so no feeling below the knee. I got a few books the other day so that's as close I'll be to fishing.

Hopefully this does the trick and I can do some more death marches with friends again at the DSR next year.
Lucky13
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/12/02 21:25:44 (permalink)
Hoping yer foot mends quick and true!

Even though Two Bob and I may have invented the term "death march" for the run to the bus from the parking lot, we're past the point of being able to afford the ticket. Publicly financed private access at its finest! (Or maybe that's Jailwater)  (Or both)

But perhaps we'll cross paths some where up river
uglyfish
Expert Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/12/02 22:22:07 (permalink)
I'm sure we can work out something. I'm shooting for later in the month trip but it may be to early only time will tell. Good luck to you guys
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re:Weather thread 2015/12/02 23:14:07 (permalink)

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

pafisher
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/12/03 08:44:32 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
Not the best way to bag your buck..............

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/12/02/kenton-county-police-deer-video-vstan-orig-pkg-aj.cnn 

[/quot

That was quite a show! Looks like the deer is only bruised.
Finally got the rain and the creeks in Erie are blown today but tomorrow may be the day I get the skunk off my back.
Lucky13
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/12/03 09:36:13 (permalink)
Best of luck to you on the Erie tribs.  Slim pickins' on the LO waters this fall.  Off to a local trib that blasted up from the 1/2" of rain we got yesterday, Genny is also perfect today, but will go out later or tomorrow based on what is upstream.   No more road trips this season (my wife says she' heard that before, but the drive back last night in the rain was brutal, and would have been worse if the rain was solid and white.) 
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/12/03 10:06:50 (permalink)
Like the heavy wet stuff that began falling in my area of Penn's Woods around 1:00 am this morning.  This type of snow develops into a ice pack quickly and sporadically along the highways and byways.  Also brings true meaning to the sign that says; Bridge Surface Freezes Before Road Surface.

Pretty neat in the woods though, the snow is sticking to the West  sides of the trees and making it difficult to see but, the East sides of the trees are bare and seeing through the woods is so much easier.

Good luck to those a field or a float and be safe.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/12/03 10:20:38 (permalink)
That looks promising for my high altitude hunting area, radar is showing snow in the area. Funny thing is the will be rain at the bottom but snow at the top, makes driving up and down that mountain very interesting !!
Glad you made it back safe L-13 and good luck locally

pafisher
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/12/04 17:30:47 (permalink)
Well the creek had some water and some fish came in,unfortunately because this water is 100 miles from my daughters house I got there A little late and missed the morning bite.So I tried and managed two hook-ups and quick releasesThat's it for this trip as the water is dropping like a rock and the weekend and crowds are coming.If the weather cooperates maybe I'll give a try at Xmas.
fichy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1896
Re:Weather thread 2015/12/13 08:38:41 (permalink)
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, folks.  A few views since T-day. Mt. Equinox with amazingly beautiful popcorn  snow from last weekend , Buck Mt. with a little ice up top from yesterday, the closest ice to Lake George! And frost in the trees, Slide Mt. in the Catskills, from 11/27. The SR, to me, has gone back to the level I found in the 80's. Lots of arguments against that, but not for me.
Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met  Thanks for all the info. Good luck to all in their outdoor adventures.

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/12/13 09:02:47 (permalink)
welcome back Charlie and glad your having fun !!! Awesome photos and thanks for sharing :)
I was also just about to upload some pics from yesterdays adventure ..
With the lack of ice and GREAT weather yesterday , I was determined to take advantage and hit one of my favorite Ice pannie lakes ..
Yup this time I brought the worms , lol
Caught a bunch of perch, 3 smallies and quite a few crappie .. Had I known it was going to be a fishy day , they would have been in the deep fryer but alas, all returned for another time :)

Peace & Tuna

uglyfish
Expert Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/12/13 11:59:07 (permalink)
Great pictures guys thanks for sharing the adventures. Mine are still being lived through someone else's eyes by reading some good books. I have been getting out to enjoy the weather at least. Riding around stairing off the bridges thinking of the next fishing trip waiting to walk. Crutches are getting very old but all of the recovery process.
pafisher
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/12/13 12:25:23 (permalink)
Hey Tuna,that looks a lot better than FROZEN ICE.

Good to hear from you Charlie,I knew you were out there......SOMEWHERE! Yes the SR seems to have flopped this year and my Erie fishing was n't anything too great either.The lack of stream flow in Erie is the main problem not the numbers of fish.Maybe I'll get a break with some precip. over Xmas.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/12/14 09:33:27 (permalink)
For now, a break from hunting and weather dude is calling for 62 degrees and gusty winds today.  Wind will make for tough boat control so I guess I'll go mow my grass, here in NW PA.  Not a pleasant thought I know, but it sure beats shoveling snow, in my book.  

This warm weather sucks for those wishing to fish hard water I am sure; however look at the bright side, there's gonna be some good deals on ice fishing equipment.....  10-4!

pafisher good to see you're out and about, good luck to ya gettin on the water at X-mass time, tight lines.

Fichy, terrific pictures, to say the least, what beautiful country, thanks for sharing.

HT, nice to see you are able to make use of soft water for now, I can't remember the last time I was out in the middle of December fishing from a boat and enjoying it; ain't it great?  Right now, I'm kinda thinkin the weather could stay this way then warm up in the spring.  Although, I do miss those quiet evenings out on the frozen lake(s) when the ice begins to sing, and some times moans, as it freezes and expands.   Great pictures, nice pan fish and a beautiful shot of the winter sun over the water.

Ughlyfish great to hear you are up and about, really stinks when ya can't get around and do the things ya enjoy or, take care of stuff needing attention.  Better days are comin and it won't be long before you're back to chasing the fish. 

I should like to wish all "Happy Holidays" but I won't, because my book says "JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON"  therefore:

MERRY CHRISTMAS

TO

ALL

post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2015/12/14 09:39:10

pafisher
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/12/14 10:47:17 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
For now, a break from hunting and weather dude is calling for 62 degrees and gusty winds today.  Wind will make for tough boat control so I guess I'll go mow my grass, here in NW PA.  Not a pleasant thought I know, but it sure beats shoveling snow, in my book.  

This warm weather sucks for those wishing to fish hard water I am sure; however look at the bright side, there's gonna be some good deals on ice fishing equipment.....  10-4!

pafisher good to see you're out and about, good luck to ya gettin on the water at X-mass time, tight lines.

Fichy, terrific pictures, to say the least, what beautiful country, thanks for sharing.

HT, nice to see you are able to make use of soft water for now, I can't remember the last time I was out in the middle of December fishing from a boat and enjoying it; ain't it great?  Right now, I'm kinda thinkin the weather could stay this way then warm up in the spring.  Although, I do miss those quiet evenings out on the frozen lake(s) when the ice begins to sing, and some times moans, as it freezes and expands.   Great pictures, nice pan fish and a beautiful shot of the winter sun over the water.

Ughlyfish great to hear you are up and about, really stinks when ya can't get around and do the things ya enjoy or, take care of stuff needing attention.  Better days are comin and it won't be long before you're back to chasing the fish. 

I should like to wish all "Happy Holidays" but I won't, because my book says "JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON"  therefore:

MERRY CHRISTMAS

TO

ALL

I'll SECOND that entire post BTDT,you took the words from my mouth.
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/12/14 17:00:38 (permalink)
Same wishes of Joy back to all you folks here !!!
STRANGE year all around starting on the ice in 1/1/15 ... Aside from a GREAT Striper season, which started out with snow on the water,  GEESH, it's been tough fishing for me , especially this year..
Not for lack of trying( well maybe I slacked a few times ) but I think I fished as much or more then ever in 2015.. Thank You to my wife for understanding !!!
2015 isn't over yet on the water but the fat lady is warming the pipes up.. Hope to walk on water on 12/31/15 or 1/1/16 ..
Agree, the old bones are liking this warmth and relaxation in the outdoors.. I think I could side with a few of you guys to skip the cold this year, but it darn well better return ... I hate snow but like ice, mowing the lawn so much.... lol
Enjoy the time spent folks :
Peace & Tuna

It is days like these that keep the winter blues away..
Few of My favorites from 2015:
Lake George, glare Ice, First Ice -120fow:)

Always enjoy pulling into Schroon Lake at 7am in early January

post edited by hot tuna - 2015/12/14 17:21:18

Clint S
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3706
Re:Weather thread 2015/12/16 19:31:26 (permalink)
Sorry RJ I am enjoying this change of pace. There are dandelions growing in my yard right now and forecast high for Christmas eve is 60.  By this time last year I was already plowing the drive a few times. Did I mention the nightcrawlers out and about..........
Hopefully the lake gets a break and there are less stressed out fish in the lake and more deer in the woods next year.

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/12/16 20:08:40 (permalink)
It's all good and like I said I agree . After 2 brutal winters , everything can use a little break . The lack of ice has me bumed but the lack of snow and heating bills has me smiling:) .
This is , should be a good thing on the ecosystem of all water bodies although it may take more then just a quick fix.
I'm sure however it is adding pressure to the tributaries, being mild and all .
Give me some ice on a laker lake by 1/29/16 and I will be ok . Give me just enough snow or rain to keep water tables stable going forward and I will be ecstatic.
If the spring is a blowout on the might Hudson, well that will suck
post edited by hot tuna - 2015/12/16 20:14:24

Clint S
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3706
Re:Weather thread 2015/12/16 20:25:15 (permalink)
FWIW all this negative press has cut down the traffic a bit. Parking lots far from full last weekend. Ice will come at sooner rather then later for you and probably  a bit later for me too.  As long as I get a few good times out I will be happy.

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3066
Re:Weather thread 2015/12/16 22:04:48 (permalink)
Hope it lasts - The Lake needs little or no heavy ice for a few fish breeding cycles if the fishing is ever to come back.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/12/16 22:37:15 (permalink)
HT those are great pictures, the one with the reflection is really wild.

I tried changing my fishing technique today but, it didn't work.

I missed the hit.

Lucky13
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/12/17 08:25:20 (permalink)
Have to have a hell of a time running over when the flag goes up, eh?
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3066
Re:Weather thread 2015/12/17 09:08:36 (permalink)
Hey- Have a GREAT Christmas season
Be sure and mow the lawn this year before company arrives.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/12/17 10:31:31 (permalink)
Lucky, in the past, when using this gear I always wore "ice cleats" this year it looks like "water wings".

Merry Christmas fellas!

pafisher
Pro Angler
Re:Weather thread 2015/12/17 10:56:50 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
HT those are great pictures, the one with the reflection is really wild.

I tried changing my fishing technique today but, it didn't work.

I missed the hit.

LOL!!!!!  That's great!   Hey Rich does that give you a idea?
Page: << < ..111112113114115.. > >> Showing page 115 of 199
Jump to: