Contest - Show Us Your Catch!

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
uglyfish
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 561
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Contest - Show Us Your Catch! 2015/11/03 11:16:58 (permalink)
Nice fish. Congrats on the win.
Clint S
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3706
Re: Contest - Show Us Your Catch! 2015/11/05 18:11:13 (permalink)
I received my most excellent hoody, t shirt and gift card. Ice gear hear I come...........

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
Re: Contest - Show Us Your Catch! 2015/11/05 18:25:46 (permalink)
that's great Clint, their shipping is lightning fast and service is always great..
I been eying up some ice gear there myself and just waiting to pull the trigger, crappy health insurance isn't making it easy..
Did you get a Nils yet ? .. Not a bad investment right there..
I'm scoping the Frabill 12 jacket and a Berkley lightning (casting) rod for lakers :)
Congratulations again !!!

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
Clint S
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3706
Re: Contest - Show Us Your Catch! 2015/11/05 18:37:43 (permalink)
I got a six inch Nils last year at Woody's on the corner of Rt 3,  same price as online. Cuts well an I am happy with it. Saw a nice flip over that may fit I'm my car that I am eyeing.

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re: Contest - Show Us Your Catch! 2015/11/05 18:45:05 (permalink)
cool !!  Small flip overs are great !!! Big ones are a drag..lol
I'm sure you'll find plenty of candy in the store

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re: Contest - Show Us Your Catch! 2015/11/27 08:30:46 (permalink)
so I picked up the Frabill -12 Ice fishing Jacket.. As always this site is a pleasure to order from.. The Jacket was ordered on a weds night and was at my door on sat afternoon.
Upon first reviews:
it is everything I wanted in a jacket for a fair price.. There are plenty of waterproof pockets, side hand pockets, a great full hood that will wrap around your face with a hat visor, neoprene cuffs  and inside zipper pockets..
There is a liner which I am very happy with because it's not a thick bulky liner.. I was looking for a windproof, waterproof and light liner jacket that can be worn over a sweat shirt and not be to heavy or bulky like some of the other jackets..
For me I just wanted to be able to put this on in nasty conditions and take it off when inside the heated shanty without a lot of trouble .
I also think this would be a great wading jacket as well so it's dual purpose which makes it all the better..
Thanks so much to the group at FishUSA for carrying good products :)
Now with the cyber Monday deals and 15% off on lures , gonna be doing some more shopping :)

RichW
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 66
Re: Contest - Show Us Your Catch! 2015/11/27 08:57:08 (permalink)
Tuna, I checked the site out, nice looking functional jacket.  I like the ice spikes set up. Thinking of ordering one as a backup to my Cabela's wading jacket and to use on ice hopefully this year around Jersey or if I head up North.  I  am normally a large size with broad shoulders.  With the liner on is there comfortable room for fleece and undergear?   Thanks 

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re: Contest - Show Us Your Catch! 2015/11/27 09:04:38 (permalink)
I am not that large of a guy at 145 lbs.. I bought a size Lg with the Idea of wearing a hoodie and insulated bibs underneath .. It fit me PERFECT and has articulated underarm for easy movement..
I was going to buy my son the same jacket , he is a bit more stout then me at about 165lbs or so, I had him try mine on and it was a tad to small so he would need an XL..
I would suggest getting an XL.. if you have broad shoulders
The Ice pic's feature is great,, The pics are retractable so the spikes don't stick out and they have loop holders to keep them in place.. They are also removable.. Another feature is there are plenty of D-rings to attach various tools ..
Good luck 
post edited by hot tuna - 2015/11/27 09:15:35

RichW
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 66
Re: Contest - Show Us Your Catch! 2015/11/27 09:22:08 (permalink)
Thank You Tuna.  I am 5'10" about 185, so think I'd need to go with the XL as you suggest.     Now just need to get some ice around Jersey.   My retired mailman friend has a  summer house on  Big Lake Sacandaga near Hadley .  His house is  on the Northern  part of lake.  We are talking about an outing in January.   He did well on Walleye and Browns during summer.    
Regards!  
post edited by RichW - 2015/11/27 10:58:06
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: