Helpful ReplyPYMATUNING FISHING REPORT

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 13 of 72
Author
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
  • Reward points: 0
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/18 09:06:45 (permalink)
 I want to catch a Striper too!!!   

Seeing the red marks on the mouth, pelvic and anal, fins I gotta wonder if the fish isn't rubbing the rocks trying to rid itself of parasites?

Ewwwww..................   fish fleas!     Wash your hands Captain, you might have catched fish fleas!

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Tomcat77
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/18 09:16:51 (permalink)
Has anyone ever carp fished by the spillway across the road from it at Pymatuning? I tryed the other day and couldn't seem to get any takers. I figured there would be a high population of fish there. Thank you for any input i dont mean to change the topic here haha
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/18 09:50:15 (permalink)
Welcome Tomcat, your not changing the topic at all, this thread is about fishing Pymie.  I trust you are speaking of the Linesville Spillway?

As for carp fishing the Lineville Causeway at Pymie, all you need do is bait your hook with a loaf of bread.  Also, casting "Schwebel" lures tend to produce well at times or, try a jig baited with a wrapper tie under a inflated bread bag bobber when finesse fishing is required.

Keep this under your hat, a well kept secrete about finding the fish, look for the birds.  Where you see flocks of birds walking on the fish tends to be a good place to try.

Good luck with your fishing and don't be a stranger.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/18 09:55:00 (permalink)
  Helloooooooooo.....  Walcat      Mahhhhh  haaa ha ha ha haaaa........  boo     

Lovgren69
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 245
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/18 21:19:34 (permalink)
Captain, that spot looks familiar?  Haha but you don't have to worry about me stealing your spot-since it's about an 82 mile trip for me to get there.  But I enjoy a road trip up once or twice a year.  I like drowning bait under a float, because you don't know what you might get into.  Oh and the snags can be pretty bad.  I set my slip float to about 3 feet, that seems to work well.

When I was there about 2 weeks ago-I caught 10 small bass, 3 walleye [12-16in], 2 trout, and a catfish.  Didn't get pictures of all my catches, because it's a bit tricky when standing waist deep in freezing water all by yourself. But here were a few of my catches.  

Lovgren69
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 245
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/18 21:32:44 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby roygpa 2015/11/19 09:34:21
And oh yeah, not Shenango or Pymie- but if you migrate south a bit you might bump into some of these guys!  Haven't been finding great numbers, but some decent ones are getting hungry on the lower sections of the Allegheny River.  If you look closely in the last pic, you can see a 43in musky- a guy caught while fishing 100 ft below me.

post edited by Lovgren69 - 2015/11/19 11:00:55
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/18 23:45:57 (permalink)
Tomcat , I'm not positive but I think those Carp kind of scatter as the weather gets colder they are not as thick in numbers as Summer time. I know mid Summer they are packed all around the outflow of the bowl and provide plenty of action. Ducks like to mess with you too while fishing there, anything that floats they are on it too!

Lovgren69 nice pics , those Walleye look good and solid for their size ! Always nice to fish water that has a good mix of fish like Shenango and the Allegheny . Shenango is right in our backyard but the river took a real drop in Walleye since the stocking of fry stopped a few years back. Smallmouth still are plentiful but not many in the larger category. I miss fishing the Allegheny River we use to fish the Kennedale area, and the area near the Village of Pearl. Soft shelled crabs was the choice back in the 70's when we fished it. 

We would go out the night before and hit the small creeks near our house and pick crabs. Always looked for the lighter ones they were usually the softest, just like butter ! Put them in moss and into the fridge till morning, then off to the Allegheny at daylight. Lots of Smallmouth, Catfish , Carp , and even a Pike once in awhile. I don't think there is a fish that won't take a soft shelled crab ! We never got too many Eyes but most trips we usually ran out of bait ! Great pics of your area keep em coming !
marco
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 171
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/20 19:56:15 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby roygpa 2015/11/23 09:14:06
Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met 
Ice Nut - Thanks for the tip.  Winterized my boat last night, took my wife up to pymy this afternoon and in a  couple hours caught a pile of these beautiful slabsand nice perch.   Better than fishing from the boat - LOL!  Now that I caught fish, I might have to go one more time.  Crappies are biting.  
post edited by marco - 2015/11/20 19:57:57

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/20 20:19:44 (permalink)
I don't know...... seems like when your wife goes along she catches fish ! When you go with your buddies you get skunked  ???? I'm seeing a pattern here ............LOL
marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/20 21:07:17 (permalink)
captain...funny you said that..i was having a banner year till I met btdt and registered...then my luck went south!...go back to my wife and it turns on again!...anybody else have this problem...walcat?

Big Tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1882
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/20 22:12:49 (permalink)
Nice fish Marco. I'm ready for anything now. Just put a Rage in the cage on my best Ohio buck a big 12 pt tonight. I don't know how to post pics I might need your help.
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/21 08:14:22 (permalink)
Big Tuna ......go to Photo Bucket register....click on upload.....click on choose photos....pick your photo from your computer folder.....double click on photo to load it into your bucket......wait until photo is uploaded.......click on photo when it is completed ....click on direct box....should say copied.....go back to Erie forums click on the little computer screen... Image URL screen comes up.....right click on screen.....hit paste then hit insert....photo should appear !  

By hitting enter key near the end it will move your photo down the screen a bit, repeat process to load as many as you want. Hope this helps.

post edited by CAPTAIN HOOK - 2015/11/21 08:27:25
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/21 08:55:19 (permalink)
CAPTAIN HOOK
I don't know...... seems like when your wife goes along she catches fish ! When you go with your buddies you get skunked  ???? I'm seeing a pattern here ............LOL

marco
captain...funny you said that..i was having a banner year till I met btdt and registered...then my luck went south!...go back to my wife and it turns on again!...anybody else have this problem...walcat?

walcat
marco, you finally figured out that HE'S A LOSER!!!!!!! What the h#ll took you so long?????? I haven't met him face to face yet and I can tell!!!!!!! Can't see, blind as a bat. Can't sit in a tree stand right, first he's on one side then on the other. Must be making so much noise he's spooked every deer for a mile!!!! Blames it on the wind!!! Always got an excuse, never just his fault!! Just by her talk I feel so sorry for his wife! It sounds like she has no hope left!!!!! On and on!!! Sure glad my wife is a walleye catching machine. She could teach him a lot about walleye fishing but even the good woman she is, she won't waste her time on him either!

You guys don't like me anymore...............  I want my mommy!!!!! 

Call me a "LOSER" Walcat, well I'll just have you know, I certainly represent that remark!  So there!!!!

Registered......  you've seen how many people fish those same docks, right?   Well, do you notice there are "NO" other people fishing the docks in Marcos picture?    Probably a "Photoshop", Marcos is just trying to make us feel bad, I'll betcha.  "OR"....  or he shoved everybody into the water, what-do-ya-think?  Big bully anyhow!

Last but certainly not least, Captain,  just when your best ever photo op occurs.........  may your camera batteries fail !

Seriously though Marcos, congratulations to you and your wife and your secrete is safe with me, did you push the other anglers into the water?
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2015/11/21 08:59:38

marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/21 09:05:17 (permalink)
lmao...only 2 other guys besides my wife..it was cool.  big tuna..congrats on deer.wanna see pics for sure...get in touch w me....maybe tues afternoon we could run up!...
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/21 09:32:30 (permalink)
Keep an eye on him Big Tuna; rumor has it he is the "swimming pool bully", likes to push people in the water than splash water in your eyes.

Just kidding of course......................................  not! 

Some info about posting pix on the other thread BT, good luck.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/21 12:43:58 (permalink)
Your probably drinking that homemade Pennsyltucky hooch ya brew in your run down dilapidated chicken coop.  I hope ya cut it too much with formaldehyde and ya come down with a weeks worth of  Hersey squirts. 

Tell everybody I'm a loser..............  ya was suppose to keep that a secrete!

I see how ya are!

Have a nice day.

Your friend and mine,

BTDT

CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/21 17:30:08 (permalink)
Fishing pal's  !

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/21 20:05:55 (permalink)
I'll have ya know MR. WALCAT.............  I just "dropped a dime" on you!!

I just got off the phone with Santa Clause.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/21 22:24:56 (permalink)
That there is funny, I don't care who ya are!!!!!   The song, not you Walcat.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2015/11/21 22:57:11

marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/23 13:53:54 (permalink)
that video is hilarious!!!    gion up tom...last day..lol...I think I have said that 4 times now!
roygpa
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 194
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/23 15:14:58 (permalink)
Any suggestions/recommendations on how to approach casting from shore in the evening for walleyes at Pymatuning this time of year up until the ice forms? What kind of shore line to look for shallow VS deep, what king of lures to use? Cast parallel or perpendicular to shore? Upwind or downwind side of the lake? Seems I always have the wind blowing in my face.   Waders needed or not? From what I have read, the eyes can come in really shallow looking for dinner, like 6 inches or less. Was going to give it a try on Saturday, but had to leave the lake due to medical reasons. She's OK, so I might get another shot the day after Thanksgiving.

Thanks in advance.
Roy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2852
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/23 15:35:35 (permalink)
waders indeed.  floating raps, size 11, silver, chartreuse, chrome.  fish points and 'gravel bars' in the evening to sunset.  walleye chop has always been best but i do avoid an east wind.  maybe based on old adages or decades of experience.  you may also bump into some smallies or jumbos fishing these conditions.
post edited by rap - 2015/11/23 18:21:01
marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/23 17:19:55 (permalink)
roygpa,  cant help you on the eyes because ..quite frankly..i suck a catching them in the fall...tried everything I knew this fall and did squat.  I even tried fishing w BTDT and REGISTERED...THAT WAS A FLOP!but if crappies interest you I may be able to help.  but..don't take that to the bank because everytime I try to help I look like an idiot!  but..i did catch a bunch the other day and goin back at 2 tom.  pm me if yr interested...I will give you all my tips and you will have a great day!...but you might not catch a fish either!...I really do try...does not work but I am meeting some great folks and having fun!!!  good luck brother!
outasync
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 730
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/23 18:15:32 (permalink)
I'll be up there either Friday or Saturday evening most likely.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/23 21:18:18 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby roygpa 2015/11/24 08:41:52
marco
roygpa,  cant help you on the eyes because ..quite frankly..i suck a catching them in the fall...tried everything I knew this fall and did squat.  I even tried fishing w BTDT and REGISTERED...THAT WAS A FLOP!but if crappies interest you I may be able to help.  but..don't take that to the bank because everytime I try to help I look like an idiot!  but..i did catch a bunch the other day and goin back at 2 tom.  pm me if yr interested...I will give you all my tips and you will have a great day!...but you might not catch a fish either!...I really do try...does not work but I am meeting some great folks and having fun!!!  good luck brother!

If I dooooo, I get a wicking.........  

I dood it!!!!

Marcos!   You can say that again.................
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2015/11/23 21:20:59

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/24 09:30:49 (permalink)
Just trying to have a little fun, Rap and, keep the "doldrums at bay".  Not much going on otherwise, at least not until White-Tailed Deer, gun season starts in PA. next week and then, I'll get my due.  Paybacks are said to be hell; I think I'm about to find out if that's true.

Pymie reports I've been getting; Some crappie and perch along with an occasional 'eye'.

Happy Thanksgiving to; you and yours, from me and mine.

registered
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 78
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/24 09:33:09 (permalink)
rap
waders indeed.  floating raps, size 11, silver, chartreuse, chrome.  fish points and 'gravel bars' in the evening to sunset.  walleye chop has always been best but i do avoid an east wind.  maybe based on old adages or decades of experience.  you may also bump into some smallies or jumbos fishing these conditions.

Rap,
Thanks, Much appreciate the tips.
You fit in more than you know.
rob
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/24 20:33:51 (permalink)
Hi..........  did ya miss me?

Well I been busy.

Fishing at Pymie so I was and, will be tomorrow too.

Hit the water at 12:00 and headed for home at 6:00.  Beautiful day, light wind cloudy and 47` F.

Before days end, three other boats could be seen.

Several people fishing from the Marina docks.

Thank-you and good night,

CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/24 23:54:46 (permalink)
Nice report BTDT but something was missing...........fish catching numbers !   Have a nice day !
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/25 13:02:24 (permalink)
Come on Walcat he's got to be catching something !

post edited by CAPTAIN HOOK - 2015/11/25 13:13:27
Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 13 of 72
Jump to: