Helpful ReplyPYMATUNING FISHING REPORT

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 9 of 72
Author
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1253
  • Reward points: 0
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/06 07:33:30 (permalink)
I fished yesterday out of Jamestown beautiful day fishing no so good.Drifted for couple hours when what little wind cooperated then trolled hot an tots all the way back from the islands.NADA.I was mainly targeting walleyes maybe I will have to change I ran into chauncy the crappie king may good friend was doing good as usual on the crappies. Is got to get better at least for me although u cant beat the weather just a beaytiful days to be on the water.
marco
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 171
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/07 19:56:50 (permalink)
ok here it is..my report...great day of boating..that a hint...wife got me a cabin as a present yesterday..3 friends backed out...no refund so went myself...wanted to be there at 3 and fish..2 coolers broke so did not leave till 4...got to cabin..went to check bowser launch...its toast..cant put a boat in..went to launch at ohio cabins camgropund...water too low...wheels would have dropped off end of ramp...drove to pa side..launch beside causeway looked ok..had dinner,,went to bed..up at 5....at dock at 7..all alone..got boat in water..all good!!!!....turn on depth finder I am in 1.5 ft of water...had to traverse 100 yards in .9 to 1.5 ft of water to get to lake..made it...trolled 6.5 hours..every depth..every trick I knew...never caught a fish..worst day in 3 years..talked to others ..it was same...hope you guys did better...it was still a great day...bty..guys coming in when I came in ripped up props on the rocks..becareful...ramps are a mess...keep your prop up as high as it will go...drive very slow..you should be fine!!..I will be back next week!!
registered
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 78
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/07 21:34:29 (permalink)
Marco, thanks for the report.
Here's mine. (Tuesday) 
Wanted to be on the lake by 1:00 pm. Didn't make it to Jamestown launch until 4:00 pm.
Talked to four guys at the launch. One caught two dink perch the others didn't get a bite.
Jamestown launch is fine, plenty of water.
Intended to stay overnight and fish Wed (truck camp). Fished a few brush piles and some weeds on my way up to the causeway. Got a few dink hits but couldn't even set the hook.
Wind picked up a bit so I set up to drift a NW at the causeway. Drifted until dark without any action.
Got a call about work and I needed to be back in the morning.
Had an interesting boat ride back to the launch. No moon, overcast sky and a good chop on the lake.
Never saw another boat the whole way back. One other truck in the lot when I got back.
We'll get em next time.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/08 00:35:37 (permalink)

That was me or, I mean my vehicle, I was actually on the other side of the lake getting ready to head for the launch.

Thought I was gonna have to put my "Goby Light" into operation to get back but, I remembered a nice waterways patrol officer from the "Buckeye" wrote me a warning about running such lights in open water.

Still dealing with the Canadian strain of bird flu but, I hope to make it back to Pymie tomorrow.

Marco many thanks for your tips and how to's on the use of lead core line

Certainly payed off for me today..............................

22"

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

mopars0
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 742
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/08 12:39:22 (permalink)
Very nice bud ... I use lead core all the time on one trolling set up with hot n tots ... Have had pretty good luck but always open to tips 😜 Now the woods are calling me .... Lol

STEVE.
marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/08 16:05:41 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby roygpa 2015/10/08 16:22:08
keep the reports comin guys..its great that we can help each other without guys screaming that we will fish the lake out! ...lol..I am waiting for that!!...the bite has to start soon..i am heading out ..hopefully to kill my buck so I can eye fish the next 5 weeks!....just watch the boat ramps..they are mine fields!
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1156
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/09 18:51:10 (permalink)
Nice fish. More walleye than I've caught in a month out there. Might give it a shot Sunday.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/09 23:14:52 (permalink)
Thanks crappie, hope I see ya there.  I have launched at Jamestown and Snodgrass, so far I've had no problem.  I did note the submerged islands are getting pretty close to the bottom of my boat.  Did a little cultivating with the propeller in one place.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1253
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/10 06:50:42 (permalink)
BTDT be carelul at Snodgrass I screwed up my ss prop at Snodgrass last week Ive had no problem at Jamestown though. The only problem I'm having is catching fish!!!!!!!!
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/10 09:22:28 (permalink)
10-4 on the catching fish, but I'm thinking..... errr... hoping, that will change in the near future (as in, tomorrow near future.)

Appreciate the "heads up" on the Snodgrass situation, know where your talking about for sure.  Those "suddenly shallow" places are 'use to be islands' when the Pymie area was but swamp lands.   Normal summer pool is (correct me if I'm wrong) 1008 ft. and my GPS was showing 1004 ft with the GPS about 30" above the water line.  I have no Idea what the % of error is with my GPS elevation data but, I know I'm seeing much more shoreline then usual.

The "grapevine" says there's no relation to lower pool levels due to the current work at the spillway HOWEVER, rumors are abound concerning the SUDDEN discovery of the invasive Hydrilla weed. (OMG not that!!)

I'm  no expert but I do have a CDL and a CB radio which, in the minds of truck drivers, puts us in the same category of "Einsteins" (if ya don't believe that; get a CB, go to channel 19 around a truck stop and pose any question. I guarantee you'll get 10 different answers, unlike computer forums where you only get a half dozen, for the same money. (disclaimer: beware of offers from 'lot lizards'  wanting to buff your steering wheel.))  

Anyway about weed....... as in Hydrilla, when asked the question; "Ain't this the same weed that's been around since the invention of dam's" and of course; "No, that was a different brand.... err species"?  In response; "Oh! well paint me dumb and color me stupid"!!    The retaliation; "You have a bad attitude"!   I was dumbfounded "Moi" (that's french for me, (I drove truck, I can speak in foreign tongue.)) anyhow "Moi" (me).... have a bad attitude...., I never!!!

Well, to sum it up, there is some good coming from all this hype about the hydrilla (1) Uncle Charlies Aquatic Herbicide Co. stocks are about to rise, (2) The dock owners won't have to worry about the weed (bet if they could dry it out and sell it, they'd want it left alone) and, (3) Playing with their vegetation will give  the PFBC biologist something to do, now that, they've been told to "knock off destroying once fine fisheries" with their, "stupid lake specific fish" projects. 

Opps............. heh heh.......  ummmm, I think it was because the tops of those sunken islands use to be, at one time, COVERED IN WEEDS which is something good for any lake having fish!  Sorry!

If you will excuse me, I'm feeling a little down at the moment I'll be jumping on channel 19 to make a appointment with my therapist.

Breaker one nine; HEEEEERE  lizard ....... lizard...... lizard!!!

marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/10 10:04:02 (permalink)
roflmao..btdt....you are free entertainment...keep em coming!!!!
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/11 11:25:45 (permalink)
Awfully quiet on this board, you guys keeping the reports hush hush?  Don't make me come up there!!  I will!!  I mean it!!

I'm certainly wishin I was fishin the last few days; mercy, what gorgeous weather.  

I been battling a cold (awwwww( self pity party)) and thought it be best to stay in the house for a few days.  Today however, I'm feeling somewhat, like a new person raring to go get em.  Now, I need to get the numbness in my fingers (a/k/a/; carpal tunnel syndrome), contributed to patterns of hand use, cleared up.  I'm thinking the numbness thing was brought about while recuperating as I sat around the house, fighting boredom, refreshing my memory with tying different fishing knots.  

Not that I am easily bored, I just find using braided lines for fishing and the knots required, to be a....... challenge.

Sorry to leave you with the vision of me sitting around for two days playing with my knots. Serves ya right for keeping hush hush on the fishing.

Hoping I return with some bragging reports.

Your friend and mine;

BTDT

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/11 21:58:39 (permalink)

Welllllllllllllllllllllllllll......................... so much for bragging rights.

Launched at Jamestown, trolled center lake to east shore line turning around just short of Snodgrass launch.  Plenty of boats out; some joy riding others fishing.  Didn't talk with anybody but, boats at anchor seem to stay put til they left the water.  About 5:30 most boats were out of there leaving a few at anchor and a a few of us die hards trolling or drifting.

My Humming Bird was showing fish at a few feet; down to 17 ft. with more fish located in 20 ft. + water than 15 ft. or less.  There was a constant wind from the WSW creating an exceptional chop on the water and lending to good drift.   Wind was stiff enough making boat control somewhat a challenge maintaining speed as far as trolling, for me.  Stupid wind!  Water temp. seems to be holding constant at the present time with a reading of 64` F. surface.

Unfortunately the weather dudes ain't forecasting favorable wind for tomorrow or Tuesday and the air temp. don't look promising for the rest of the week.  Gonna need your insulated gutchies by the weeks end!!

Looks like I'll be sitting in my high chair trying to "harvest" a deer with a stick this week.  Nothing like swaying in a tree with dead branches hanging overhead during heavy winds.

For now.......... chow.

marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/12 07:24:31 (permalink)
btdt...thks for the report...I agree..will stay in my tree stand for another week.  that is a dandy perch...only takes about 3 that size to make one good meal!
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2852
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/12 12:24:30 (permalink)
post edited by rap - 2015/10/13 17:57:59
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/12 14:08:38 (permalink)
marco
btdt...thks for the report...I agree..will stay in my tree stand for another week.  that is a dandy perch...only takes about 3 that size to make one good meal!

Thank goodness I can fish at the local Eagle otherwise I'd starve if it takes three Perch that size to make a meal. Took me 6 hours to catch that one and, the wife can beat me at "rock.... scissors..... paper".

Arm wrestling too!

roygpa
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 194
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/12 15:42:06 (permalink)
No fishing report from me. I was there Saturday and Sunday but my job was to hang curtains, shelves, coat racks and house numbers. The house we bought had sulfur smelling water coming from the hot water tank. Was so bad you couldn't shower or even run the hot water for more than 30 seconds. Hired a plumber to remove the anode, and I read that pouring peroxide in the tank will solve the problem. Dang if it didn't. Let the peroxide sit for 20 minutes and turned the hot water one and the sulfur smell was gone. Made my wife happy, and you know what they say...Happy wife, Happy life. Had dinner at "Scooter's by the Lake" on Saturday, and it was great. Place was hopping. 

My buddy Joe, went out yesterday afternoon, but haven't got a report from him yet. When I do I will report back here.

No fishing for me, but life's still good!
Roy
chauncy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1298
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/14 17:18:10 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby roygpa 2015/10/15 08:27:17
Did some crappie fishing Monday. Wind was up pretty good so i had to find some spots out of the wind. Found some brush in 8 to 14 ft and pulled 15 crappies from 10 to 13" from it. Jig and nibble did the trick for me. Waiting for this weather to stable out some before i head back out. Maybe i'll fish Shenango tomorrow tho.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/14 21:52:08 (permalink)
Thank-you Chauncy, nice to hear about the success and your time on the water with your brothers.   I'm thinkin next Wed. before I see the water again, weather man says gooder weather returning for then.  Not that, I'm a fair weather fisherman() or anything.

Good luck on the Shenango if ya make it out.

marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/15 07:39:29 (permalink)
thks for the report chaunc.  I have been chasing bambi.  I really wants a buck and walleye...dam its hard this time of year..too much to do.  As soon as the eyes start biting I will up.  if you see me hopefully you will remember my ugly mug!  keep the reports coming..they are a big help it makes me realize I am not as good of a fisherman as I think sometimes!..lol
marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/20 13:33:38 (permalink)
ok guys here is my report and I did not even go fishing.  Just talked to my buddie whose friend is fishing as we speak.  lake is very very low.  he is stuck on a sand bar as we speak.  I would like to go but I am sure sure I could get my boat in the water.  is it that bad?   anybody here anything on  the eye bite.  BTDT..your awful quiet!

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/20 21:48:42 (permalink)
Shhhhhhhhhh  I'm hunting the ewusive wascally whitetails..................  heheheheheheheheh!

Going to try my best to make it to Pymatuning bright and early tomorrow afternoon.  Unfortunately, if the lake is in a drastic (death to the weeds) draw down, I'm thinking the normal walleye bite for this time of the year............. ain't gonna happen!

Stupid, been around for years, invasive stupid weeds.  Did I mention how stupid those stupid invasive weeds are?  Stupid weeds anyway!

frost
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 437
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/20 23:35:27 (permalink)
The lake is extremely low right now! It's lower than I've seen it in a long time. Is it because of the seeds of they doing it seeing they're redoing the linesville marina and want to make it easier to dredge it and do all the work they have planned?

The worst day hunting or fishing will always be better then the best day at school or work!
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/20 23:55:52 (permalink)
Not according to the locals I've spoken with Frost, it is said the work doesn't require adjusting the level.  However, there is a big push to rid the lake of that horrible non-native species of weed called Hydrilla https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrilla One way to rid any body of weed overtaking the shoreline is to drop the water level below the weed line during winter months.

The other way of course, buy as much aquatic herbicide from Uncle Charlies Herbicide Mfg. as may be required and dump it in the water to kill all the aquatic plant life in the deeper water.

So much for fishing Pymie this fall.

mopars0
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 742
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/21 09:41:04 (permalink)
Didn't hurt that I put my boat away for the winter already then .... Lol. Sitting in my stand right now .... You guessed it pretty slow here too .... Oh well guess I'll go check my cameras pretty soon ......

STEVE.
marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/21 21:27:26 (permalink)
BTDT...where is the pics and the report...I hope yr not still out there stranded on a sand bar!...I got a feeling your report will have us howling!
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/21 22:35:33 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby roygpa 2015/10/22 09:09:05

True meaning of dry dock

No problem launching at Jamestown Marina today except for the kids fishing from the dock and the hairy old guys trying to get their stupid sailboats on a trailer.   I just pulled in when this old dude comes puttering into the docks with a 22 ft. sail boat.  Now I don't begrudge someone using the docks for taking out his sailboat but, this old coot has to come in between two docks taking up two slips.  Well at least the old boy had some help and dang good he did because he now needed help disconnecting his sailboat trailer from the back of his truck so, he could access his tool box.  I continued watching these two trying to open the back window of the truck cap as I launched my boat and parked my vehicle.  Somebody figured something out cause I could see these two fellas making their way to the boat with a tool box just as I entered the main lake and headed south.  Couldn't help wondering why they didn't re-hook the boat trailer to the back of the truck when it dawned on me, these two idjits are taking up two dock spaces while they drop the mast and rigging on that boat.

Returning to the dock just before sunset, myself along with other boaters were greeted by three juvenile delinquents taking up the full side of one dock with their fishing gear.  Not one pole mind ya, looked like each had three poles each along with tackle boxes, bait containers, extra clothing, etc.  

Man-o-man did that bring back the memories and had me wishing I still had a jet drive on my boat.   

Now to add salt to injury, I didn't do squat crap fishing and missed a heck of a opportunity to hollar........ TSUNAMI!!!

ZelieSam
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 727
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/22 15:07:13 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.Returning to the dock just before sunset, myself along with other boaters were greeted by three juvenile delinquents taking up the full side of one dock with their fishing gear.  Not one pole mind ya, looked like each had three poles each along with tackle boxes, bait containers, extra clothing, etc. 

Are you allowed to fish on the docks at Pymie?  That'll get you rung up at Arthur.  After I throw you and your BS into the lake, btw.  Bad enough 3/4 of the people who launch and retrieve act like they've never done it before, but now I have to dodge idiots and their gear?  Nope.   
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/22 23:11:40 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby roygpa 2015/10/23 10:21:31
I have to assume that fishing from the boat docks is prohibited at all PFBC maintained launch sights.  However, I have been known to be 'somewhat' incorrect a time or two.

Just as in today, I was 'somewhat' incorrect in thinking that the stupid fish would be hitting at Pymie....................  NOT!
I was also........  'somewhat' incorrect in assuming that I would catch something resembling a WALLEYE but, nooooooooo!

Yesterday there was numerous (as in; I didn't count) boats on the water.  Today there was less than numerous (as in; three) boats on the water.  Guess the guys from yesterday assumed the fish would not be biting today and of course they were 'somewhat' correct cause I caught only one  colorless (as in; washed out) crappie.

Did see a dandy 'eye' caught, by a happy angler today, but that was it.

Gotta git to bed, have to get up bright and early tomorrow afternoon and try 'er again.

PS. I didn't get to the lake until late afternoon today, my alarm didn't go off (as in; didn't get set).

marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/23 08:15:07 (permalink)
BTDT....your killing me!  don't give up...
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 9 of 72
Jump to: