Helpful ReplyPYMATUNING FISHING REPORT

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 72
Author
slabfinder
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 338
  • Reward points: 0
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/09/26 23:28:52 (permalink)
Scenic Picture thread click here.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/09/26 23:35:29 (permalink)
Walcat I'm sure you could tell some good stories about your adventures on the big lake along with the changes that have occurred over the years.  So, get busy and start typing and if ya can, add some pictures.  Also, assuming you ate your share of Erie Walleye, you could be proof that the consumption advisory is somewhere, out in left field.  How about a forum titled "Erie Then and Now" so get busy, we're listening!

Captain Hook, it is said a picture is worth a thousand words, no need to apologize for telling your stories.  Something tells me, you have some good stuff that would do well with Walcat's new forum.

When I was a kid, (a few years back) I really enjoyed hearing the stories (true or bull) being told by the older fellas standing around the old pot bellied wood burner at a local mom and pop fishing/hunting shop.  Geez, how I looked forward to going to a skeet shoot at the Izaak Walton Club on the Polk cutoff and enjoy hearing similar stories being told, in front of that big fire place. 

No doubt in my mind; those stories inspired many young people in becoming hunters and anglers and, some of us are still around.

Thank-you and good fishing.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

slabfinder
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 338
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/09/27 00:04:04 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby TheBlueLagoon 2015/09/28 12:32:23
seriously now why can't this be a Pymatuning Fishing Report page.  Not a picture report of past adventures, good times on Lake Erie, Wonderful sunsets....etc

You guys haven't posted at all this summer, and now all of a sudden you have to bomb a thread with useless information.  I'm headed up monday, I will have a report, surrounded with garbage unfortunately.  

smh

Now wonder why the post gazette has had zero information on pymy, for the last 4 weeks.  Every one has their camera in one hand, and a comment in the other.  
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/09/27 00:17:03 (permalink)
OKayyyyy .................... I'm sorrrrrrry  I'm taking all my stupid comments and going home!

BTW.....................  no "their jumping in the boat reports"........................ yet.

Good luck though, maybe see ya there.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2015/09/27 00:37:01

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1254
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/09/27 06:58:03 (permalink)
Probably no reports because there isn't much happening.I fish pyme 2 sometimes 3 times a week you know us lucky retired old guys.The fishing has been that slowI guess I couls have posted about the 1 walleye my wife caught in last 3 weeks or the 2 4 inch perch we got. You know the fishing is sloe when theres 1 or 2 at most trailers in parking lots even on weekends. From what ive been hearing the fishing isn't any better to report from Wilhelm or lake aurthur either.I guess what I'm trying to say is if it wasn't for the pics and stories I really do enjoy BTDT posts the thread would die!! Keep em coming the fishing will get better soon I hope!!!!!
gizmos
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1190
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/09/27 08:15:19 (permalink)
Capt., 3rd one down is awesome. Here's a bitter sweet. (Sorry slab...

Eat what you catch,troll for cows.
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/09/27 09:50:49 (permalink)
Slabs right................bye !
mopars0
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 742
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/09/27 10:14:41 (permalink)
So it is safe to say I'm not missing anything ....😜 Man hope it picks up soon I'm down to 1 walleye in the freezer...oh well bow season soon .... Happy fishing & hunting ....

STEVE.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/09/27 13:28:55 (permalink)
WALCAT  and your point is?

cabst119
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 87
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/09/27 20:57:26 (permalink)
Two of us fished all day Saturday and 6 hours Sunday everywhere between Orchard and Manning.  Six rods out the whole time, sixteen hours total, pretty slow fishing if you ask me. Two keeper walleyes, two nice crappies, and one short walleye.  Lots of catfish, some small perch, and a few gills.  The walleyes came from 8 and 13 feet of water.  Drifted the whole time.  Crawlers and minnows. Lake was pretty rough Sunday. 
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1156
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/09/27 21:03:58 (permalink)
Hope it picks up again soon. At least I won't be missing much eye action while sitting in the woods next weekend
woodnickle
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8504
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/09/28 10:35:38 (permalink)
Pymy....the fishing has been bad there for sure

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/09/28 12:22:21 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Mikastorm 2015/09/29 19:47:10
YEAH Mikastorm; what he said.

Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2852
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/09/28 14:43:33 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Mikastorm 2015/09/29 19:47:18
awesome photo, john.  man, you guys sure take some nice photos of that lake.  one thing that we'd do when it slowed down like this, we'd pull leadcore.  i knew others who fished bait vertically around stumps and swore by it, though i never had the patience to do so.
post edited by rap - 2015/09/28 14:48:22
chauncy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1298
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/09/30 17:22:11 (permalink)
Don't do a lot of walleye fishing on Pymy but the crappies were biting good last friday when i was there. Fished the Jamestown area. Got some as shallow as 5 ft and as deep as 14. Took home 22 that were 10" and better with a few being 12. Got them all on plastics. Some under a bobber and some tightlining. didn't take any pics.
marco
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 171
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/09/30 20:01:10 (permalink)
holy sh***....chauncy..I am honored you are here...to my recent friends...gotta tell a story...I met chauncy ice fishin at shenango yrs ago....I new nothing about crappie...I started following him here and another sight. he taught me more than I can explain...but...some people on this sight beat him up so bad for helping people..i left for years.....he did for a while also..i only came back when I switched to walleye fishing...probabaly a 5 to 7 year absence...I caught piles of crappie at pymy and shenango...thks to chauncy...I owe him a bundle..he is one of the best crappie fisherman in the northeast...doubt me..check all the articles written on him..he is humble and will help anybody...BTDT...and a few others will verify that I just got back on here a little while ago to learn about eye fishing and help others...I hope that we can all share and help each other...lots of fish to go around...yes there will be good times and bad..but don't blame the guys that help others...I learned from people I don't know..got a lot more to go but I will pass on and help all who want help...that is was chauncy did for me....thks chauncy...you may not remember me but that's ok...always admired you for helping people...now..my goal..to out fish you!!!!!
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/09/30 21:09:31 (permalink)

Me and the Chauncy have, you might say, fired a few jabs at each other over the past year.  Naturally it was over silly stuff and when I read his recent post I had to chuckle for a minute.  Not about catching fish, Chauncy's successful fishing reputation precedes him for sure but, the last few words of his last sentence.

I was newer to this forum and had never heard of Chauncy until he popped onto a thread I was posting on.  Seemed he was a bit disturbed about a remark I made.  I was telling another angler to take pictures of his catch and as I recall I said; "it don't count if there ain't no pictures"

Can't say as I have ever read information posted by Chauncy or you and; "did not" pick-up on some good sound advice.

As we have discussed before Marco, there will always be those nay-Sayers trolling the boards and it's not them that make these threads lively, interesting and, fun to read.  It is however, people such as yourself, Chauncy as well as many others, that keep the forums up and running.

As for the nay-Sayers getting "bent out of shape"(BTDT).................... it sucks to be them! 

I got to meet "registered' at Pymie last week and we're looking to do a little fishing in the future (if the stupid monsoon every clears out); hopefully I'll get to meet yinz guyz on the water in the near future.

Chauncy appreciate the "heads-up";  if ya see a guy in a "Fish Hawk" jigging for crappie using 8'6" med. wt trolling rod rigged with leadcore line(if I learn how to tie a stupid knot), stop on over and introduce yourself.

Last but certainly not least, regarding the jabs......................  Chauncy started it!

PS. Marco, have not tried the knot yet but, TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT  stay tuned.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2015/09/30 21:13:23

crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3348
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/01 00:44:36 (permalink)
Porktown
One of the better threads on this dead site.

Chris - Congrats on the vacation home.  I'm sure you'll have that place looking nice in no time.  You have some great craftsman skills.  Hopefully the boys took on some, and give their old man a hand, before they end up with kids of their own and their free time slips away.

BTDT - I've never heard of dipping in flour after batter dipping.  I'm guessing extra crunchy.  Will have to give a shot.  If looking for a good tip to grill, coat with mayo, season to liking (salt & pepper or whatever), then grill on a cleaned oiled grill on high heat.  Mayo will keep it from sticking, and give you tasty grill marks.  Almost as good as frying.

Roy - Good luck on the Pymie place.  I'm still years away from getting any sort of vacation home.  Pymie would be the top of the list for me (although I'd love something in NC or FL, but don't have the time or money to use it enough).  I've looked at some places (online) to just fantasize, some good deals to be had.  I've tried to convince my folks to get a place near Pymie, but no go.  They'd rather just complain about Pgh and dream about getting away from it, instead of doing.

Oh yeah...  The heart of the thread, reading the reports, keeps me going when my fishing is slow (catching and getting out).  Arthur is living up to it's Dead Sea nickname.  At least for the time that I am able to get out and fish (midday), and only one trip in the past month + (although did get a week vacation to OBX in that time).  Hoping to get a dusk or dawn run in, and remind me why the lake is worth fishing.  Although, if Pymie were equal distance, I'd rarely fish Arthur.  Work is kicking my rear, so just getting to read threads like this is likely my fishing time until the end of Sept.  Sucks, but great to see a thread like this in times that fishing is just a day dream for me...

Thanks Tim,

Place needs ton ov work 1880's but has great bones & tons ov Wormy Chestnut. Close to the Holeshot on Maple Rd. Timmy has been a big help. Haven't had time to fish yet but put in a order for fatheads tonight. On Sunday the horse & buggies out numbered cars 3 to one, think I was in the twilight zone or somethin  Bought a bunch ov them lightsticks & plan on usin 'em soon. Lookin' for a Eye boat for up there.

GL&TC

crappy

The eclipse was cool Sun. night.
post edited by crappiefisher - 2015/10/01 00:56:35
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1254
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/01 08:44:20 (permalink)
I will 2nd marcos comments about chauncy.He is the crappie king w/o a doubt.I to have learned a few things from him. Kenny I'm sorry we didn't make it up erie this year I didn't get there myself .Ive been pounding pyma for eyes this summer without a lot of success. see u on water soon for sure on the ice.

Bill
woodnickle
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/01 09:21:51 (permalink)
Chauncy is the crappie king! A great guy that will help anyone. If all fishermen or men period were more like him ...life would be so much nicer...going fishing now...report later

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/01 10:54:00 (permalink)
Crappiefisher I know that feeling of the horse and buggies; we rather enjoy this time of year, seeing the "Amish Aurora Borealis" as they return home after sunset.  

A word of caution, when towing your boat (or any trailer), don't get mesmerized by those lights.  Along with the pretty comes the ugly; zinging "horse apples" off your tow vehicle tires, ain't a pretty sight on the windshield or bow of your boat.

Opps.........  sorry didn't meant to "BOMB" this thread!  (he hee... no pun intended)

marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/01 18:33:33 (permalink)
mikastorm..waiting for that report..i wanna come up this week..if its not good lie..it will make me fell better!!!...lol
woodnickle
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/01 18:55:03 (permalink)
2 rainbows...lol hit Neshanic instead.

marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/01 19:03:24 (permalink)
who fishes for rainbows now?...its eye time at pymy!!!
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1156
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/02 12:10:13 (permalink)
Tried the south end yesterday evening from 5-7.  Thought with the cooler weather, rain, and a nice chop on the water we might get lucky.  2 fat cats over 24" and a few smaller ones.  Came home with an empty cooler again.  Think fishing will be limited to Sundays for a while.  Gonna start spending the afternoons in a tree.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/02 12:23:14 (permalink)
Thanks Crappie_Slayer; good luck sitting in your 'high chair' tomorrow, gonna be a wet one for sure.

marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/02 12:48:14 (permalink)
crappieslayer....aaahhhhh!!!!...lie next time!!!
chauncy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1298
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/04 08:23:47 (permalink)
Thanks fellas. Gonna continue to learn as much as i can and always pass on what i've learned. Marco, i may not remember meeting you but you're always welcome to come fish with me in my boat. Think you might enjoy my technique i call Hang Gliding. Got some of my club members using it now. BTDT, it's hard to get to know somebody just from these keyboards. I'll eventually get to meet you on the water some day. Bill, i got my batteries charged for the ice season already. See you on the ice.
roygpa
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 194
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/05 10:45:52 (permalink)
My wife and I just closed on our cottage on the east side of the lake, last week. Looking forward to getting the chance to meet all of you guys maybe ice fishing this coming season or next year on the open water. The lake looked rough on Thursday and Friday last week which was OK with me, because I was moving furniture and hanging curtains. Saturday it laid down some but was raining quite a bit. Didn't fish all weekend but spent a good deal of time staring out the window at the lake, which is better than staring out the window at home. :)

Roy
registered
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 78
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/05 13:20:24 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby roygpa 2015/10/05 14:33:00
Congratulations Roy, expect company.
Anybody fishing Pymy this week or is the weather too nice?
I'm looking to fish either tomorrow or Wednesday
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 72
Jump to: