Crawler harnessbottom bouncer fishing

Author
hookedonsteels
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 183
  • Reward points: 0
2015/09/05 16:26:15 (permalink)

Crawler harnessbottom bouncer fishing

Hey guys wanted to ask advice.  I am going to a small Canada fishing lake on a last minute invitation.  I have only ever fished for walleyes once on a charter on Lake Erie.  I did purchase a few crawler harness' but I was reading about it being used with a bottom bouncer.  I can get a few but can it be used if we are not trolling.  For the most part the guys said we will be drifting.  How would I get it deep enough without a bottom bouncer.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!! 

No working during fishing hours
TTTTTTODAY JJUNYA

5 Replies Related Threads

Big Steve
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 144
    Re: Crawler harnessbottom bouncer fishing 2015/09/05 17:36:42 (permalink)
    A two eyed sinker tied in-line between line and harness. Drop it to the bottom and crank it up about a foot. Good luck.
    CAPTAIN HOOK
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2384
    Re: Crawler harnessbottom bouncer fishing 2015/09/06 13:35:50 (permalink)
    Better hope it's windy enough to drift a harness. Try a redi - bobber and float that crawler deep as you want.
    hookedonsteels
    Avid Angler
    Re: Crawler harnessbottom bouncer fishing 2015/09/09 20:58:46 (permalink)
    Thanks so much guys,  I will give both these a try.  I leave Friday morning. Much appreciated!!

TTTTTTODAY JJUNYA
    jeepdude64
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 11
    Re: Crawler harnessbottom bouncer fishing 2015/09/09 22:15:26 (permalink)
    Make sure you take 1/4 and 3/8 oz jigs with twister tails. chartreuse and white were best for us up there. Also fuzzy grub jigs do very well. Bottom bouncers work best fishing mid range depth but there are many times you will be fishing shallow so they might be a bit heavy depending the size you got. You can also cast a harness with a slip sinker and do a count to allow it to sink then reel in very slow. In canada we caught walleye with many different lures but the one I wouldn't go without is a countdown rapala in silver. I even used to fish rooster tails and did well on walleye in the faster water we fished between 2 lakes.
    hookedonsteels
    Avid Angler
    Re: Crawler harnessbottom bouncer fishing 2015/09/23 10:02:02 (permalink)
    Hi guys just wanted to thank you for the responses and helped out a novice walleye,bass fisherman catch fish.  Had a great time with great company, caught plenty of fish and ate very very well.  

TTTTTTODAY JJUNYA
    Jump to: