PINK ENVELOPE TIME =

Author
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4417
  • Reward points: 0
2015/07/09 12:58:46 (permalink)

PINK ENVELOPE TIME =

Resident antlerless deer license applications will be accepted by county treasurers beginning July 13, 2015

11 Replies Related Threads

BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 11939
    Re: PINK ENVELOPE TIME = 2015/07/09 13:41:54 (permalink)
    Thanks a ton Doc.  I plum forgot...................

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: PINK ENVELOPE TIME = 2015/07/31 11:12:01 (permalink)
    Round two this weekend................?

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

mr.crappie
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2549
    Re: PINK ENVELOPE TIME = 2015/07/31 21:47:31 (permalink)
    Round one unsold,I believe.  sam
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: PINK ENVELOPE TIME = 2015/08/01 13:55:28 (permalink)
    mr.crappie
    Round one unsold,I believe.  sam

Silly me it is round "1"................  Only the PGC would consider the 'first time'; round "0"!  My bad.

Anyway due by Aug. III, 2015

mr.crappie
    Pro Angler
    Re: PINK ENVELOPE TIME = 2015/08/01 17:22:20 (permalink)
    Am I the only one that had trouble finding the doe apps. in the regs.book? Darn those evil people at the PGC.  lol  sam
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: PINK ENVELOPE TIME = 2015/08/01 18:23:56 (permalink)
    Don't feel bad Sam....... I' m still stuck with figuring out what round it is. (lol).

I know I checked the little box on the outside of the envelope showing how many applications were inside. I double checked the application assuring all info was provided. I checked the check making sure I had the right remittance and the check was signed along with checking the date. I took the time to check the envelope making certain I placed the required postal stamps where needed. Prior to sealing the envelope, I checked to see if I had included my return address. Last but not least I checked the included checklist; checking to see that I checked all the areas recommended to be checked. Having been satisfied that all areas were checked; I sealed the envelope after first checking where the envelope was checked to lick the glue. Before heading to the mailbox I checked the envelope and found, as expected, the glue didn't hold. Not wanting my application and check, made in the correct remittance (cause I checked), to fall out I resealed the envelope with "Gorilla Ductape".

Now I am happy to say "the check is in the mail".

mr.crappie
    Pro Angler
    Re: PINK ENVELOPE TIME = 2015/08/01 22:12:54 (permalink)
    BTDT, Back in the day of doe tag drawings, as Vice Pres. of the county sportsmans league I was helping to check the apps. to make sure that they were filled out correctly. You would not believe some of the reasons that apps. were sent back to hunters. Some were filled out correctly,but had no checks ,some had the checks,but no apps. in the envelopes,some servicemen sent their discharge papers,but no apps. some sent the correctly filled out apps.,but the checks were made out to a store such as Sears or Penneys,I assume because they guys gave the apps. to their wives to send a check with it. At least that was what we were told by guys that tried to get a license after they were all issued. One of the reasons that the PGC went to the pink envelopes was that some guys trying to get an edge on others sent xtra large envelopes so that you almost had to pick them when you reached into the drum to pick them. This was back when you were not guaranteed to get one because there were not enough to go around. The reason that you are to fill out the number in ink was that we picked out only enough to fill the quota,they opened them later after the drawing.They would take a photo copy of the ones that were rejected because of not having the number circled because some guys after getting them rejected would then circle the number & bring them back to the courthouse claiming that they were circled before. PS  I put a piece of tape on the bottom also.  sam
    post edited by mr.crappie - 2015/08/01 23:03:37
    dpms
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3509
    Re: PINK ENVELOPE TIME = 2015/08/05 19:53:12 (permalink)
    I got two for 2A and one for 2B already. Hope to get another for 2A next round. 

My rifle is a black rifle
    treesparrow
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 651
    Re: PINK ENVELOPE TIME = 2015/08/06 11:51:37 (permalink)
    Yesterday my application and check were returned and I could not understand why. I went to the N.W.Game Com. office and they saw no reason. So I went to the Venango Co Courthouse. The very helpful lady there explained to me why. They had never received it as the wonderful glue didn't hold and the sorter shreds the outer address flap off the envelope. Thus sending the envelope and flaps in two different directions. She then showed me a substantial stack of outer flaps they received without envelopes. Hence many out of luck applicants. As there was still lots of 2D left at time mine was corrected and re done. Many will not be so lucky. Moral of story, tape-tape-tape.
    Panfisher
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 799
    Re: PINK ENVELOPE TIME = 2015/08/07 10:41:44 (permalink)
    Are you allowed to tape?  Didn't think they wanted you to tape them.  Just wondering.

The only thing better than 1 day of fishing is 2 days of fishing.
    treesparrow
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 651
    Re: PINK ENVELOPE TIME = 2015/08/07 10:58:05 (permalink)
    Lady in charge at courthouse said she didn't mind a simple piece of tape or two but lots of tape she didn't like. Now that was in Venango. Who knows elsewhere or if there is a rule against.
    Jump to: