Clint S
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3706
  • Reward points: 0
2015/05/29 17:50:14 (permalink)

I was invited.........

May 15, 2015

Dear Clint

The DSR is committed to creating memorable fishing experiences for all anglers. We are excited to initiate our new program for seasons, passes, pricing, and angler limits today, May 15, 2015, which further limits the total number of anglers on the river throughout the seasons. 

As a valued DSR guest on the Season Pass waiting list, we are happy to offer you the opportunity to purchase a DSR season pass. You may choose one of these season pass types:

• 12 month pass          May 15, 2015 – May 14, 2016         $900
•  9 month pass           Aug 15, 2015 – May 14, 2016         $750

To purchase a pass, you may either pay in full, or submit a $250.00 non-refundable deposit, by 5pm on June 12, to confirm the reservation of your pass. The remaining balance is due no later than 5pm on July 15, or your pass will be offered to the next angler on the season pass waiting list. 

Please note, passes must be paid in full before they can be picked up. Please ensure that you have a current photograph on file with the DSR in order to expedite the production of your pass.

We value your relationship as an integral part of the DSR family and we are happy to offer you the opportunity to purchase a season pass. You'll find information about benefits and how to purchase below.

We look forward to seeing you this season in pursuit of the passion that unites us all - Fishing!

Sincerely,

Emily Studdert
Assistant Manager, Douglaston Salmon Run
customerservice@douglastonsalmonrun.com

P.S. Please send your pass selection and remit payment in the appropriate amount by 5pm June 12, 2015. Should you choose not to purchase or make a deposit on your pass by 5pm on June 12, we will offer it to the next angler on the season pass waiting list.
           Unlimited use and guaranteed access to the DSR for the term of the season pass purchased.

Early access to the property before day pass holders, September 1 – November 14.

Limited front row parking

No fishing pass charge to any season pass holder staying in DSR lodges, as long as pass is valid during the reservation. Be sure to tell us when you book your lodge!

Free day access passes, good for one time use, based on the season pass purchased:

12 Month Pass: 2 full day or 4 afternoon passes free; or a combination of 1 full day and 2 afternoon passes. Valid in any season, excluding Fall #2, based on pass availability.

9 Month Pass: 2 full day or 4 afternoon passes free; or a combination of 1 full day and 2 afternoon passes. Free passes are subject to availability and may only be used during the valid dates of the season pass, excluding the Fall #2 season.

Deposit or full payment must be received no later than 5 pm on June 12, 2015. Should you choose not to purchase a pass by this deadline we will offer it to the next angler on the season pass waiting list.

To pay by credit card over the phone, please call 315-298-6672. Please make checks payable to Douglaston Manor Inc. and mail to Douglaston Salmon Run PO Box 622 Pulaski, NY 13142. 

Please email a .jpg photo of yourself. Photos must be received by the dates below to insure your pass is ready for opening day.
  • 12 Month Passes             ASAP
  • 9 Month Passes               Aug 1, 2015
Passes will be available for pick up at the DSR Welcome Center on or after the opening day for each season pass type. When picking up your pass, pass holders must show a photo I.D. and will be asked to sign a copy of the DSR Guest Pledge. All pass holders are required to know and abide by all NYS and DSR Fishing Rules and Regulations.

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

14 Replies Related Threads

Clint S
    Pro Angler
    Re: I was invited......... 2015/05/29 17:52:16 (permalink)
    It did not take long to go from a 3 year wait to a 1 year one. Was going to bite the bullet at $500 but can't justify $750

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

chartist
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 925
    Re: I was invited......... 2015/05/29 17:53:33 (permalink)
    Nice.  If I lived anywhere near there, as in the Buffalo area, I'd be all over that offer.
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    Re: I was invited......... 2015/05/29 18:18:13 (permalink)
    good for your invite Clint.. It is a tough bullet to bite at those costs, the $750 threw me out 4? years ago .. Spending that and a month + of fishing in sept- nov puts another $$$ into my equation..  Honestly, and hate to say it but if you can swing it and swallow it,  givin your location, I agree with the Jerk above..  For myself I do LOVE the water down there for early kings in the river then early November .. After mid Nov I just fished mid-upper river ( another equation)
    It's not the holy grail of fishing (fishers) by ay means but it is sweet water that I may never see again and thankful for the memories..
    A suggestion, if you never been, is to ask to see what your buying.. Tell them to let you in sometime from now till the deadline, even with a fly pole at that.. They probably will..
    It's your choice and a pit full to swallow ..
    Good luck..  

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    Clint S
    Pro Angler
    Re: I was invited......... 2015/05/29 19:01:51 (permalink)
    Just can't justify it I think. .  Fishing and water is good there, but I would have to go 10 times to recoup and though I could and would go, once I catch a few salmon I get sick of them. I could go for 4 days on day passes and still be way ahead. That money could be better spent on things around here that I would benefit from more than some trips to the river.  I still have not ruled it out, possibly 1 year and then  pull the plug. There is just alot of river that is free and would scratch the itch.

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    Re: I was invited......... 2015/05/29 19:11:14 (permalink)
    totally understand and not trying to influence or support the DSR.. 

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    Clint S
    Pro Angler
    Re: I was invited......... 2015/05/29 19:20:35 (permalink)
    It's good to hear from those that have fished there, I still have a little thinking to do.

fichy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1896
    Re: I was invited......... 2015/05/29 20:52:47 (permalink)
    I'd have to get at least a couple of days a week in through Sept. and Oct. I may purchase a few day passes.....   We'd miss you up where the po' folks fish, Clint.
    troutbum21
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1301
    Re: I was invited......... 2015/05/30 08:56:56 (permalink)
    I would consider spending the money if I lived in close proximity to DSR provided I had the time to fish.  Having a hectic schedule in addition to hobbies like fishing may make purchasing a season's pass unjustifiable.  Nice to have the choice of fishing DSR or other parts of the river depending upon what you are looking to do.  No question DSR is the place to be for fresh runs of salmon in September.  The same for steel when they begin to show.  The $750.- plan is appealing provided you fish the grounds at least fifteen days during the season.  Plans like equipment are good purchases if you make the time to use them.  Otherwise just a waste of money.  Good luck in your decision Clint whatever that may be. 
    pafisher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3000
    Re: I was invited......... 2015/05/30 14:22:23 (permalink)
    I used to fish there when the charge was $5 to park,then they started charging per person,then it kept going up until what they have now.It's great fishing if the fish are there but they run that stretch  quick and there are times the fish are scarce.If I lived close I would consider a season pass as being retired I would make sure I get my money's worth,now maybe a day pass but I get plenty of action at my "secret" spot so I doubt it.
    Clint S
    Pro Angler
    Re: I was invited......... 2015/06/13 07:49:50 (permalink)
    Are they that hard up to let the rif raf in. I have been e mailed at least three times and called twice............

fichy
    Pro Angler
    Re: I was invited......... 2015/06/13 08:19:32 (permalink)
    Summer doldrums. I would also think local addresses would be a political priority.  I think the desire to fish there is dwindling. Poor salmon run and the premium steel fouling is in the LFZ. I've heard a lot of the guys say that. Talked to quite a few that have passes and came up river to fish. That's not an indicator of the fishing there, just what people perceive. Harder to line fish in bigger water, is what I get.  As prices are rising for rooms and food and gas heading for over 3 again, maybe  crowds will  stabilize, rather than keep heading uphill. If I hadn't had run ins with absolute a-holes in the DSR, I'd have bought a pass to get some space. No escape.
    fichy
    Pro Angler
    Re: I was invited......... 2015/06/13 08:19:32 (permalink)
    hit the button twice......sorry
    r3g3
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3065
    Re: I was invited......... 2015/06/13 08:38:34 (permalink)
    I started fishing there when there was no DSR-ya parked out on the road and walked in through the woods.
    Kinda liked it when they put in stairs, porta potties, ,tables, trails  a parking  lot and  only charged a nominal fee.
    Was DSR and LFZ for years.
    When the price got outa hand and  prime spots were taken before Joe Average even got to to the river at o-dark 30 I stopped..
    Was OK cause I had to go out and discover the real SR.
    post edited by r3g3 - 2015/06/13 14:02:53
    Lucky13
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1949
    Re: I was invited......... 2015/06/13 09:48:35 (permalink)
    100% with you! First one out of the lot once , when I got to the run going into the meadow there were 10 guys in the run, fortunately all on the lodges side of the river, but it swung better from my side!
    Jump to: