SALMON RIVER NY

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
chartist
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 925
  • Reward points: 0
Re: SALMON RIVER NY 2015/05/29 17:57:07 (permalink)
So, what's the difference between drinking a beer at 0900 and drinking a bloody Mary for breakfast while on vacation?  There's no difference.  You guys are way too judgmental, the very thing you accuse me of!  It's like my grandmother use to say that the traits you hate in others are the ones you yourself have.
hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
Re: SALMON RIVER NY 2015/05/29 18:35:39 (permalink)
1/0 guy, what are you really looking at to get from this forum ? To stir the pot and get a bunch of us natives restless ?
Show us how much you know about the local folks that live in the community and surrounding ? Prove to this forum that it's your right to come fishing because you deserve to and the area needs you ? Teach us how to "hook " salmon & trout because a 1/0 estaz is the "way" ? Oh and you spent so much $$$ in supporting that ??
I mean seriously dude or gal, what is it you want or look for in this forum ?

I can tell you my goals here,
share time on the water with like minded folks that discuss topics and adventures..
help people understand that fishing is a privilege and not a right in this day and age, respect what privilege we have. 
fishing is supposed to be fun and meet new people along the way..
In the past many years on this forum I can say I have met all my goals and exceeded my expectations. 

Now again,  what is it here that brings you?

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
Clint S
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3706
Re: SALMON RIVER NY 2015/05/29 18:46:18 (permalink)
OK I will bite on this one. It would be fine if you drank a beer ( that's 1 beer) at 0900 and even a few in the PM.     Do you drink 6 or 8 Bloody Mary's at breakfast, get shatfaced drunk by 9 am, throw your  garbage  on the beach and drive around hammered all day on vacation.  If I had any of those traits I would deserve to be judged.  Do you want to be the one that some azzhat smashes into and kills. I lost a good friend to a drunk driver............

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

chartist
Expert Angler
Re: SALMON RIVER NY 2015/05/29 19:31:41 (permalink)
Clint, you're jumping all over the place.  We were talking about fishing the SR.  I've been all over and have not encountered drunks on the river.  On the trestle hole, folks don't need to be drunk to be crazy.....It's all about bucks, the rest is conversation.  You can complain all you want, but NY needs fishing tourism and lowering the price to $50 for out of state is taking Michigan head on as they charge $80 for an out of state license.
chartist
Expert Angler
Re: SALMON RIVER NY 2015/05/29 19:38:30 (permalink)
When I go to the river house, I don't see you guys there....I spend $80 a night there and they appreciate it...I go to whitacres and spend maybe $300 on the week and they appreciate it.....I spend $150 at the DSR, and they appreciate it....I spend $1000 to fish the SR for a week all in....That is unless I break a rod or waders which has happened.....When you guys spend like that, I'll take you seriously.  You local guys trying to game the system are like scabs crossing a picket line.

hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
Re: SALMON RIVER NY 2015/05/29 20:37:34 (permalink)
Ok When you compare what you pay to play as to how people conduct themselves is a fascist statement .
Do I ever wish to meet you ? Absolutely . , you seem to be the only one who would cross a line

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
fichy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1896
Re: SALMON RIVER NY 2015/05/29 20:46:01 (permalink)
That was the most ridiculous bunch of **** I've ever seen. It's hilarious ,some little twerp rattling off all the money he's spent on his liddle fishy twip. You need to do stand up, dude. Made my day. Funny **** right there.
Clint S
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3706
Re: SALMON RIVER NY 2015/05/29 20:46:24 (permalink)
chartist
So, what's the difference between drinking a beer at 0900 and drinking a bloody Mary for breakfast while on vacation?  There's no difference.  You guys are way too judgmental, the very thing you accuse me of!  It's like my grandmother use to say that the traits you hate in others are the ones you yourself have.

You brought up drinking on vacation. 

I spend that much a year or more at tractor supply.   Am I the savior of the town too. 
I also pay property taxes, participate in enriching my community and live here.

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3065
Re: SALMON RIVER NY 2015/05/29 21:49:37 (permalink)
Well I guess I'll kinda stay outa this one as I WAS an filthy outa stater and then a part time resident and after this year will be a filthy outa stater once again.
The only thing I will miss after the upcoming year will be coming up twice or so  a month, year in and year out, and simply being there- I liked it.    
Will still own my place till next Feb and the buyers have asked me ( repeatedly) to stay when ever I want  as long as it isn't rented when I want to go up--nice folks ( PULASKI FOLKS)
OOOps - didn't stay out of it after alllll
post edited by r3g3 - 2015/05/29 21:51:15
dimebrite2
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1625
Re: SALMON RIVER NY 2015/05/30 00:23:35 (permalink)
Hahh!!! Money huhh??? Thousand bucks??? Can't even count how many I've spent...but who's counting? I guess you are ??? Does that make you special??? Are you above us all??? You wouldn't last a second in the woods, in the fields, on the lake, on the ocean or on the river with folks cut from the cloth like the ones that harbor here. The black flies or mosquitoes would fly away with you, the winds or the currents would cripple you, the no vacancy sign would destine you, and the bulls would parade on top of you... Trust me no one here or in this town/county/state needs your money... But it is technically a free country so continue to visit if you choose
uglyfish
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 561
Re: SALMON RIVER NY 2015/05/30 20:27:50 (permalink)
Charist your are a sucker if you pay that much to chuck and duck your 1/0 estez. Maybe more of fool but either way. I know all of us would have no problem sharing water with each other because we all look for the something on our trips to the river. Since you spend that much why don't you go somewhere else.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: