Two Lick Creek Reservoir??

Author
plnoldrick
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 391
  • Reward points: 0
2008/07/14 16:50:55 (permalink)

Two Lick Creek Reservoir??

I jus bought a navionics chip for my gps and was looking at the lake coverage's for pa and noticed this place (two lick creek reservoir) on the list. Since i started fishing as a kid up untill now i have never heard about the place from anyone or seen it listed on any tourney schedule. Only thing i could pull up on the net was some guy drowned in the place last year.

Im not asking for any spots or anything, just wondering what the deal is with this place. open? closed? polluted? Since moving to beaver i rarely get out the way and it be a nice change from the arthur/wilhelm/power dam combo.

27 Replies Related Threads

BWAngler
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 114
    RE: Two Lick Creek Reservoir?? 2008/07/14 17:40:05 (permalink)
    Two Lick is a private lake.  I have never fished it, but have been to it many times to jump off the bridge with friends from school because it is so close to where I go (IUP). That is until we were warned with a $500 + fine from a state trooper that stopped by one day last spring while we were drinking/jumping off the bridge.  There is also a real champion of a rent -a- cop that works over by the boat launch that takes his job entirely too seriously.  I think there is a 10 year waiting list to get a membership to the lake, but that is just what I have heard.   
    plnoldrick
    Expert Angler
    RE: Two Lick Creek Reservoir?? 2008/07/14 18:09:26 (permalink)
    That would probably be why it hasnt come up in conversation. Figured there had to be something up with this place. It would be nice if navionics actually did lake surveys of lakes open to the public. good thing i only paid 60 bucks for the chip!

BTW good times at iup when i went there. To bad for you guys is isnt open to the public. Other then house parties, subs and suds, sheetz and a handfull of bars there wasnt to much going on out that way. Guess thats all you really need though.

Thanks for the info
    Porktown
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 9685
    RE: Two Lick Creek Reservoir?? 2008/07/14 18:25:51 (permalink)
    Don't forget the Coney, the Brown Hotel and yes, the easy tramps that made that such an enjoyable time of my life!

I used to fish Two Lick Lake when I went to school there.  I never got any type of hassle from the police.  Although, I quit bridge jumping after I almost missed the water.  Don't try jumping from the rocks.  Especially while loaded, which is probably the only time that you'd try...

This is where I caught the my first pike.  I also caught a few nice large mouth from there.  I'm not sure if you can get a permit or not for launching, as I fished from shore.  It isn't the cleanest lake around.  There were times when it looked like radiator fluid.
    plnoldrick
    Expert Angler
    RE: Two Lick Creek Reservoir?? 2008/07/14 18:36:07 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Porktown

Don't forget the Coney, the Brown Hotel and yes, the easy tramps that made that such an enjoyable time of my life!

I used to fish Two Lick Lake when I went to school there.  I never got any type of hassle from the police.  Although, I quit bridge jumping after I almost missed the water.  Don't try jumping from the rocks.  Especially while loaded, which is probably the only time that you'd try...

This is where I caught the my first pike.  I also caught a few nice large mouth from there.  I'm not sure if you can get a permit or not for launching, as I fished from shore.  It isn't the cleanest lake around.  There were times when it looked like radiator fluid.

I could never forget the "sorostitutes"! the brown was cool for chillin out but i never could get into the coney, especially the stupid commercials for the place.
    trouthater
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 397
    RE: Two Lick Creek Reservoir?? 2008/07/14 19:15:26 (permalink)
    You can shore fish there with no problem (except around the boat launch) There are some nice spots fishable from the shore. Large & smallmouth bass, pike, pickerel,  perch, crappie and bluegill are all targets in this lake. There is a long list to become a member to put a boat on there. The club holds bass tournaments there every week during summer.

BTW the Coney closed and I cand believe nobody mentioned Wolfendales or Uncle Sudies!
    Indiana Lou
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 154
    RE: Two Lick Creek Reservoir?? 2008/07/14 22:11:30 (permalink)
    Plnoldrick, Straight from a member. Two Lick was made back in the late sixties to provide water for the Homer City gen. plant. At that time the pH was about 2.3. I tested it as a student at I.U.P. The pH is now 7.4. The lake is boating by memmbership only. There are 250 (207 boats/ 43 PWC's) total memberships and yes there are about thirty or more people on the waiting list. It will take about four years to move to number one on the list. Anyone can fish from shore. We do encourage catch and release particularly for the bass because of the weekly tournaments. The lake is unlimited hp, infact there is a 30hp minimum. The lake has bass, stripers,trout, pickeral,catfish, and a complete assortment of panfish. We do have a problem with people jumping in from the Allen bridge particularly in front of boaters passing under the bridge. Quite obvious why that's a problem. State police have fined people to try to stop it. If you're interested in fishing it pm me and I'd gladly take you out. By the way I was born and raised in Conway. I think I saw that you're from Beaver, Pa       Lou
    BWAngler
    Avid Angler
    RE: Two Lick Creek Reservoir?? 2008/07/15 16:31:46 (permalink)
    Yep, been having the time of my life at IUP....and about the sorostitues...like shooting fish in a barrel!  Can't wait to get back there in August and will definatly fish Two Lick harder then the one time i went there last year.  I had no Idea that it held all those species, any tips on getting into some Pickerel?  I have never caught one but am assuming they will hit things similar of that a pike would. 
    pin_drifter
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 253
    RE: Two Lick Creek Reservoir?? 2008/07/15 17:12:21 (permalink)
    Trouthater thats some fun $hit right their the Coney closed since when ???? I have worked their for 11 years i am the house Dj there. I Dj when fall semster is in on Thursday, Friday,Saturday nights. And summer semster i Dj there on Friday and Saturday nights. So long As i have been employed with the Coney i have never seen it closed. So stop in a Friday or Saturday night i'll by you a drink.  And Hogendales oops, i mean Woflendales lol if you want a biggin yeah that's the place too go for the country folk. But if you want a hottie go to the Coney. Trust me wont be sorry you did.   Plus if you get a chance go check out the new V.I.P they just built upstairs at the Coney. The biggest bar and Rest, In Indiana Pa. That says something. So trouthater you sound like a Coneyhater. And a hogendales lover.     Just my 2cents.

Quit ****ing and take a kid fishing !!
    BWAngler
    Avid Angler
    RE: Two Lick Creek Reservoir?? 2008/07/15 17:28:37 (permalink)
    I thought it was Wolfenpigs? haha....Pin-Is the coney going to be hiring bartenders/barbacks for the upcoming semester?  If they are how should I go about getting a job before everyone else gets back into town? -Thanks 
    post edited by BWAngler - 2008/07/15 17:32:30
    trouthater
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 397
    RE: Two Lick Creek Reservoir?? 2008/07/15 19:16:26 (permalink)
    Sorry for the wrong info! No I'm not a hater, A friend told me it closed. Upon further review, it was the small bar/ restaurant on the right side of  Wayne coming into town. Now its a oxygen supply store?
    plnoldrick
    Expert Angler
    RE: Two Lick Creek Reservoir?? 2008/07/15 20:30:41 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Indiana Lou

Plnoldrick, Straight from a member. Two Lick was made back in the late sixties to provide water for the Homer City gen. plant. At that time the pH was about 2.3. I tested it as a student at I.U.P. The pH is now 7.4. The lake is boating by memmbership only. There are 250 (207 boats/ 43 PWC's) total memberships and yes there are about thirty or more people on the waiting list. It will take about four years to move to number one on the list. Anyone can fish from shore. We do encourage catch and release particularly for the bass because of the weekly tournaments. The lake is unlimited hp, infact there is a 30hp minimum. The lake has bass, stripers,trout, pickeral,catfish, and a complete assortment of panfish. We do have a problem with people jumping in from the Allen bridge particularly in front of boaters passing under the bridge. Quite obvious why that's a problem. State police have fined people to try to stop it. If you're interested in fishing it pm me and I'd gladly take you out. By the way I was born and raised in Conway. I think I saw that you're from Beaver, Pa       Lou

30hp limit! leaves me out. i might be the only guy in western pa who actually has a real 9.9 and not a stickered up 25.

born in raised in conway huh? well thats actually where i live and work! i just say beaver because people usualy dont have a clue where or what conway is. i probably know/work with people you know since i live there and work down at the railroad in the engine house. kinda has the small town thing where everyone knows everyone goin on.

i might have to take you up on your offer too. i have a goal to fish every lake in western pa and im only a couple lakes short!

btw what did they do for such a dramatic water quality improvement? the a big change in PH. Im assuming they had an acid mine drainage problem somewhere.
    pin_drifter
    Expert Angler
    RE: Two Lick Creek Reservoir?? 2008/07/15 20:49:08 (permalink)
    No problem trouthater.  everyone makes mistakes.

Porktown
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 9685
    RE: Two Lick Creek Reservoir?? 2008/07/15 21:27:46 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: pin_drifter

I have worked their for 11 years i am the house Dj there.

Were you DJing for them for 11 years?  I worked in the kitchen in the summer of 98 and part of the semester.  It was my last semester and was working for IUP, so too much to keep up with while interviewing and getting my final horray in.  Great place to work, some real cuties there.  The kitchen guys were all pretty fun too.  Although working wing or fish night kind of sucked.  Free drink or 5 after work was always nice too.
    pin_drifter
    Expert Angler
    RE: Two Lick Creek Reservoir?? 2008/07/16 06:55:19 (permalink)
    Bubble long time no see haha, Yeah i did you remember me my Dj is Voodoo great wings spec the buffalo wings     Still working for Timmy. And the kitchen guys are great as always they remodled the kitchen pretty nice. We need to get together this year and catch some steelhead. Drop me a line my friend hope all is well.

Indiana Lou
    Avid Angler
    RE: Two Lick Creek Reservoir?? 2008/07/16 17:08:57 (permalink)
    Yes, Spent my first eighteen years in Conway. Graduated from Freedom in 69' and IUP in 73' and 85'. Passed up a teaching job at Freedom and taught at a rural district outside of Indiana for 31 years. I couldn't believe the sky was blue and water that you could actually see bottom!! Your question as to how the water quality improved. Several settling ponds to get rid of the mine acid on one run and some limestone treatment on another. Absolutely remarkable. As stated earlier, the offer stands if you want to give it a try. Rte 68 N to rte 422 E. right to Indiana. Not a bad trip about 84 mi. Since I'm retired I fish between 20-25 different bodies of water. Lake, stream, and ice all gets' their share of attention throughout the year.   Lou
    juddthejudge
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 68
    RE: Two Lick Creek Reservoir?? 2008/07/22 01:11:34 (permalink)
    are yins sure u can fish there from shore i was looking at a website for twolick and it didnt mention anything about it fishing form shore..my one friend has been wanting me to go ther to fish to catch some stripers and pickeral so are they really in ther if so any good numbers or size and i do ned to know about fishing from shore
    Indiana Lou
    Avid Angler
    RE: Two Lick Creek Reservoir?? 2008/07/22 14:46:08 (permalink)
    Judd, Yes there are plenty of pickeral and some stripers that go up to 28."  We have no control over the adjacent land other than the dock and ramp area. you can't get in there without a gate key. Much of the surrounding land is State Game land. Which really makes it odd why people get away with pitching tents and having campfires on the upper end. As stated earlier, our association is responsible for stocking and maintaining the fish population so we therefore encourage catch and release. Particulaly for the bass because they have tournaments three days a week. I think the pickeral are actually hurting the young fry so their disappearance would be a welcome thing. As far as catching stripers from shore that might be difficult. They tend to roam the open water chasing schools of baitfish which stay away from shore.    Lou
    juddthejudge
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 68
    RE: Two Lick Creek Reservoir?? 2008/07/22 21:46:15 (permalink)
    yea i usually practice catch and release cause its a pain in the butt to clean fish but if yins want some pickeral gone i can handle that
    shrq
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 23
    RE: Two Lick Creek Reservoir?? 2008/08/04 15:58:46 (permalink)
    Is there any access to the spillway on Two Lick?  I have fished it all the way from Homer City to above the 954 bridge (where the powerline crosses).  I have caught lots of small mouth and some really nice browns.  It's a nice creek.
    Indiana Lou
    Avid Angler
    RE: Two Lick Creek Reservoir?? 2008/08/04 21:23:15 (permalink)
    shrq, I don't think so. The road that leads back to the dam has a fence and a gate that is locked since 911. I can't remember the name of the road (starts with an R). I'd have to look it up. Coming from below the dam on Waterworks rd there is a fence and "No Trespassing" signs that start near the water plant. I'm not sure of the exact distance but I would guess the closest you could get to the dam would be 1/2 to 3/4 mile.  I'd like to see them designate it a catch and release only. I think it's one of the nicest creeks in Indiana Co.  Lou 
    post edited by Indiana Lou - 2008/08/04 21:25:40
    shrq
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 23
    RE: Two Lick Creek Reservoir?? 2008/08/05 08:51:00 (permalink)
    I throw 'em all back.  In this day an age, take some pics.  If it's a trophy, you can get a fiberglass replica painted up to look like the fish you caught. 
    CAMELJ
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 8
    RE: Two Lick Creek Reservoir?? 2008/09/13 20:11:26 (permalink)
    WHERE CAN I FIND INFO ON TWO LICK RESEVOIR?
    FISH SPECIES?
    HOT SPOTS?
    Indiana Lou
    Avid Angler
    RE: Two Lick Creek Reservoir?? 2008/09/13 21:42:22 (permalink)
    CamelJ, Check my earlier post on July 22nd. It pretty much answers a lot of your questions. You can only fish from shore because boating is by membership only. Canoes, kayaks etc are not permitted. Members are required to have at least a 30hp motor on their boats. Presently the lake is down about five feet due to the lack of rain (prior to this weekend) and draw down for water for the power plant. Fairly limited access to the shoreline due to the wooded terrain around most of the lake.   Lou
    CAMELJ
    New Angler
    RE: Two Lick Creek Reservoir?? 2008/09/14 22:42:57 (permalink)
    are there muskie in two lick??
    CAMELJ
    New Angler
    RE: Two Lick Creek Reservoir?? 2008/09/14 22:52:06 (permalink)
    are there muskie in two lick, or any channelcat??
    Indiana Lou
    Avid Angler
    RE: Two Lick Creek Reservoir?? 2008/09/14 23:35:21 (permalink)
    Camel, Yes to the channel cats, but no to the muskie. At least I've never heard of any being caught nor seen any. Basically bass, panfish, pickeral, stripers, and trout. The creek above the lake is stocked with trout and they tend to find their way in to the lake. The lake is about 450 acres and runs approximately five miles from the dam back to the creek channel. At full pool the deepest is about 70' near the dam. Nice lake to fish particularly from a boat because of limited access.   Lou
    Theprodrifter1983
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 11
    Re: RE: Two Lick Creek Reservoir?? 2015/04/18 22:43:49 (permalink)
    The coney has never closed my gf been eating their since shes a baby and shes 46 and grew up in home. Face palm
    Jump to: