OUT & ABOUT; THIS IS WHAT I SAW.........

Author
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
  • Reward points: 0
2015/03/31 10:03:52 (permalink)

OUT & ABOUT; THIS IS WHAT I SAW.........

Before yesterday got by, we took a little ride........... me and my bride.
  Just to see what kind of condition...............  the conditions were in.
  Wishin' we was fishin' so, we drove to the lake.
 Yinz know how cabin fever sets in...........  for goodness sake.
  But, what did appear before our wondering eyes.........  was not very nice.
  For we saw four lakes .............  still covered with ice. 

Lake Wilhelm at the Marina; Very little open water at the causeway.  North shore line barely showing any effects from the sun (what sun?) still sitting low in the southern sky.

****************************************************************************************************************

Sandy Lake at Stoneboro ( a natural glacial lake) showing no signs of defrosting real soon.............

*****************************************************************************************************************

Shenango Reservoir showing the most promising of having accessible open water in the near future; picture taken at the Clark launch sight off of Rt. 18.  The actual launch/bay remains locked up with ice but, (wishful thinkin' on my part) shouldn't be too much longer.

******************************************************************************************************************

Lastly but certainly not leastly..................... Pymatuning in all her frozen glory.  We only stopped by the Jamestown Marina to see what we could see so, I am not knowing what, if any, amount of open water there may be at the causeway.

Once again, no water to speak of, along the shore line.

Conditions are subject to change on a daily basis; any updates and/or corrections shall certainly be welcomed.

PS.  What water appearing along the edges of the ice on my pool cover, is now frozen over thanks to the sub freezing temperatures we experienced last night.  

I'm thinking spring real bad, folks.....................................  may never get here.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

9 Replies Related Threads

mr.crappie
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2549
    Re: OUT & ABOUT; THIS IS WHAT I SAW......... 2015/03/31 10:53:31 (permalink)
    btdt,  We at the southwest pa. area would welcome you to come down here, as most of our waters are open. We may not have as many biggns or the quantity that you guys have,but me & mine ARE fishing not wishing.   sam
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: OUT & ABOUT; THIS IS WHAT I SAW......... 2015/03/31 11:33:04 (permalink)
    Where ya fishing Sam?  As for the "biggins" that's what wishin' while fishin' is for!   I only need dry roads and no salt dust to to do some 'trailer trucking' in getting the boat where she needs to go.   Just one note, I don't trout fish anymore.  (not that; I couldn't change)

Would enjoy seeing some pictures of southwest PA. waters;  even better, I would enjoy taking some pictures of southwest PA. waters.

Hoping to have two* (maybe three*) good days to power wash my house, two* sunny warm days to let it dry, two* dry days to apply a coat of oil and, my 'honey dew list' is complete (subject to approval).

* Time may need to be extended due to age and/or time off for R & R. 

Good luck to you and yours, catch a bunch.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

mopars0
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 742
    Re: OUT & ABOUT; THIS IS WHAT I SAW......... 2015/04/03 11:52:20 (permalink)
    Well took a ride today also ... Pymatuning still had ice on , getting there though. Went to causeway North end has some open water by causeway really foggy but could still see a lot of ice ....slushy looking so this is good. South end pretty much ice went down to Duck & Drakes ice in to the ramp. About 6 guys fishing the causeway. Spillway some open water ....few guys fishing down in that area also.... Wilhelm is the same ice wise ..... Nobody fishing it.... Lol No pictures to foggy both places..... With the rain coming shouldn't be much longer ... Let's hope so anyhow , cabin fever starting to really SUCK 😄

STEVE.
    mr.crappie
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2549
    Re: OUT & ABOUT; THIS IS WHAT I SAW......... 2015/04/03 12:06:58 (permalink)
    I just got this months issue of In-fisherman & as places to go section they listed Pymy as a hot spot to go for big Crappie & gills & Perch. Also has a pict of a guy that looks very familiar holding a pair of slabs. This article also names the best places to catch the slabs.   sam
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: OUT & ABOUT; THIS IS WHAT I SAW......... 2015/04/03 13:40:05 (permalink)
    Umm..........  Sam.........  maybe you could forward the magazine, when your finished reading it of course.  I'll be needing something to do while I wait for my house to dry.  I promise I won't "spot burn" the areas mentioned in the article..............  Honest!

Pontoon Dan
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: OUT & ABOUT; THIS IS WHAT I SAW......... 2015/04/04 19:14:28 (permalink)
    Jamestown area all open water up to the new beach area.
    walleye taker
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 129
    Re: OUT & ABOUT; THIS IS WHAT I SAW......... 2015/04/04 21:44:09 (permalink)
    After seeing the difference in satellite images in just a few days looks like we should have all open water by next weekend. Warm weather all next week. Finally!!! Enjoy everyone tight lines. http://coastwatch.glerl.n....LakeErie.143.250m.jpg
    Rollingrock
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 22
    Re: OUT & ABOUT; THIS IS WHAT I SAW......... 2015/04/05 11:14:56 (permalink)
    I was there yesterday, lake is really going fast, a lot of open areas and the ice is looking soft. You could launch out of Espyville and fish on both sides of the causeway to the Ohio side
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: OUT & ABOUT; THIS IS WHAT I SAW......... 2015/04/06 09:43:15 (permalink)
    Crossed Arthur 422 causeway yesterday and saw nutten but waves as far as I could see. Wind was kicken up some white caps to the south. It was a beautiful sight.... so it was.

Looks like today will be a great day to ............ work on the house(sigh).

Jump to: