Arthur report 8/24

Author
ZelieSam
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 727
  • Reward points: 0
2014/08/24 22:46:02 (permalink)

Arthur report 8/24

So let's talk propagation area.  WTH?  Based on reading I expected some decent areas to fish.  We gave the whole area a thorough look, and it is all super shallow with really nothing worth the gas to get out there.  I am willing to admit we might have been missing something, but I was solidly unimpressed.  

We managed two cats that were either retarded or thought they were bluegills.  Seriously... 1' of water and they both hit small pieces of worm under bobbers.  Lost another cat that thought he was a perch (ate a minnow under a bobber) but that isn't all that strange.  Happens occasionally.  Caught one perch, one tiny bass and a bunch of bluegills.  

I'm done with 528 side of the lake.  Not only do I not have as much time in, so I don't know the spots, it seems like there's no way to hide from the fricking wind there.  Every time we turned a corner the wind changed direction.  Frustrating.  Anyway, being on the lake is still better than not being on the lake, but the fishing has been really off for us.  Water was 78 degrees or so and murky like pea soup.  

3 Replies Related Threads

TheBlueLagoon
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 802
    Re: Arthur report 8/24 2014/08/25 07:49:17 (permalink)
    528 has it's moments, just have to hit the right spots and the right time of year, but I agree at times it can be a ghost town down that way in terms of marking fish, but I have caught some really nice fish down that way over the years. Like anywhere keep putting in the time and the results will come.

Got Walleye???
    Porktown
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 9686
    Re: Arthur report 8/24 2014/08/25 08:50:24 (permalink)
    Like most parts of the lake, seasonal movement is key.  I haven't checked out the newly opened area, but I assume it is just like the rest of that arm there, and have never had much luck, besides a few downed trees.  For some reason, it always seems windy out there too.  Guessing it has something to do with direction of the lake there, running from SW to NE, which is the direction of much of our weather patterns?  That said, it seems like 50% of the time, wind is blowing 15-20mph wherever I end up on the lake...  I do like the main section of 528, in the Spring and Fall, when the weeds aren't as bad.
    ldiat
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 18
    Re: Arthur report 8/24 2015/03/01 14:30:19 (permalink)
    i have not been fishing on the lake for several years.  we used to fish the shoreline and the point just before the propagation area.  facing the prop area the point on the left.  i guess people dropped old trees all around that area. 
    Jump to: