**Stolen fishing equipment from the Salmon River NY Upper Fly Zone**

Author
YankeeAngler
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 184
  • Reward points: 0
2014/10/21 12:05:52 (permalink)

**Stolen fishing equipment from the Salmon River NY Upper Fly Zone**

Ton's of fishing gear was stolen out of a seasoned Salmon River angler's car in the U.F.Z. on approx. 10/20. (Approx. 3 - $4,000 worth of stuff) If anyone heres anything, or anyone approach's you to sell you some fishing gear, (try to take down there license plate and description of them and vehicle) please contact the Pulaski State Police Dept.
Please share - post this on any other web-sites (maybe yours?) that deal with this area (Oswego also) or let any of the local business's (Oswego also) know.
My guess is they wont try to sell it locally, probably Oswego?
Thanks,
Randy

6 Replies Related Threads

troutbum21
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1301
    Re: **Stolen fishing equipment from the Salmon River NY Upper Fly Zone** 2014/10/21 12:37:37 (permalink)
    Sad to hear this continues to happen.  Until the local authorities, LE and perhaps guides/shop owners band together to deal with this problem it will continue.  I admit it has had an impact on where I fish and future trips I will carry a lot less gear.  Its getting to the point where it may not be worth the risk to fish the SR any longer.
    YankeeAngler
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 184
    Re: **Stolen fishing equipment from the Salmon River NY Upper Fly Zone** 2014/10/21 12:49:48 (permalink)
    Yup, a seasoned local fishing friend just told me he only brings what he needs for the day and leaves his car un-locked.
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 11939
    Re: **Stolen fishing equipment from the Salmon River NY Upper Fly Zone** 2014/10/21 14:46:11 (permalink)
    Don't forget to watch E-Bay; even check for local selling boards. Every local town seems to have their own version of swap/sale boards.

Nobody steals that much equipment for their own use.

Be nice to find the thief(s) on your own so, you could invite them to a bag party.

BEST OF LUCK TO YINZ.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

troutbum21
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1301
    Re: **Stolen fishing equipment from the Salmon River NY Upper Fly Zone** 2014/10/21 17:32:41 (permalink)
    I had this happen to me many years ago.  Some kids decided to lift my fishing vest, reel and fly boxes with approximately 400 flies in them.  The local youth officer caught wind of a a wild party in the complex where I lived and received other complaints of theft/vandalism. Turns out they caught the boys but unfortunately they told the cops the vest and everything else was thrown in a dumpster.  I agreed to monetary restitution as opposed to pressing charges but how do you accurately value what took years to put together. 
    chartist
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 925
    Re: **Stolen fishing equipment from the Salmon River NY Upper Fly Zone** 2014/10/21 18:56:16 (permalink)
    This stuff likely shows up on Ebay.....The local area is too small and close nit to risk a local sale unless its 10 cents on the dollar to buy drugs.
    r3g3
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3065
    Re: **Stolen fishing equipment from the Salmon River NY Upper Fly Zone** 2014/10/21 19:16:27 (permalink)
    After being a cop for over 28 years have found there is no end to what junkies will steal for a $20 return and a bag of drugs of choice.
    There is also no end to pawn shops willing to fork over $20 for stuff worth far more.
    They can run in from Watertown or Syracuse in a half hour and get enough for a night or two of their junkie needs.
    When my house got broke into right after retirement I found some of my stuff many miles from home is such places- the junkies arrested were also from miles away.
    If I lived up there and it happened to me -would be in the City looking in pawn shops real quick.
    post edited by r3g3 - 2014/10/21 21:26:55
    Jump to: