Special Thanks to FishErie...

Author
wilbur_83
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 402
  • Reward points: 0
2014/08/28 20:47:23 (permalink)

Special Thanks to FishErie...

Ordered some new polarized sun glasses for the upcoming steelhead season - (I wear polarized sun glasses all the time) - yesterday around 9:30 am...and had them today @ 4...Standard shipping (USPS no charge). (Thanks Deetz)...haha

Guys & Gals - Order your stuff from here...got what I wanted - next day...If it wasn't for this web site I would have never met & fished with some of the nicest duuds around...They have hooked me up on the fly - as well at their store when I was in a pinch.

Thanks again FishErie staff...

Wilbur_83

17 Replies Related Threads

wilbur_83
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 402
    Re: Special Thanks to FishErie... 2014/08/28 21:16:46 (permalink)
    Oh and BTW...Egg patterns are tied...Leaders are made and wrapped up...fish have been warned.

Its about to start...See you on the Tribs...in PA & NY...

Good luck to all Yinnzers and Locals alike...we all live downstream...some in the fast water...some in the slack...

Wilbur_83
    Fisherlady2
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2196
    Re: Special Thanks to FishErie... 2014/08/28 21:30:40 (permalink)
    I have always had awesome service through the folks at Fish USA...their expanded store hours at their new site will be great also!
    workcanwait....
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 729
    Re: Special Thanks to FishErie... 2014/08/28 21:58:29 (permalink)
    Yeah I agree they run a great business and SUPER FAST turnover on orders! WCW
    cbeagler
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1811
    Re: Special Thanks to FishErie... 2014/08/29 11:44:12 (permalink)
    Great neighbors too.
    chauncy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1298
    Re: Special Thanks to FishErie... 2014/08/29 14:17:22 (permalink)
    They've even expanded their crappie selection. They've been my go to website for years now for walleye, trout, and panfish. And have an outstanding selection for icefishing too.
    ray126
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 238
    Re: Special Thanks to FishErie... 2014/08/30 09:16:08 (permalink)
    The sales department is great
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 11939
    Re: Special Thanks to FishErie... 2014/08/30 19:14:34 (permalink)
    Ok...... Ok.... So you guys convinced me. I placed an order with FISH USA. Can't tell you what it is , yet, cause I want it to be a surprise when it arrives. My better half don't need to know about this so, I'm trusting you guys to keep this under your hat.

Anxiously waiting....
    BTDT
    shmoe
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 195
    Re: Special Thanks to FishErie... 2014/08/31 09:05:00 (permalink)
    it would be nice if they had more fly tying schtuff 

BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 11939
    Re: Special Thanks to FishErie... 2014/09/03 16:01:35 (permalink)
    I got it.....I got it!!!!! My stuff from FishUSA....... It's HERE!!

I been reading all the threads about fishing the Erie tribs so I thought I'd get some chest waders and become a mupp 'ere (live 30mi. south) and try this habit forming type of fishing.

Ordered my stuff on the 30th and got it on the 3rd even, with Mon. being a holiday. Also, shipping was free and the same item at other stores would have cost me more.

Happy...... happy......... hap...... coming dear.
    Cold
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 7358
    Re: Special Thanks to FishErie... 2014/09/04 12:46:01 (permalink)
    shmoe
    it would be nice if they had more fly tying schtuff 

Amen.

I've made a few purchases through FishUSA, but just about all of my business has been in the form of very occasional (maybe once a year) buys of bigger items, when it coincides with a trip of mine to Erie, when I'm going to be travelling there anyway and need to buy.  As can be expected, all of those stars rarely align, and I'm willing to pay a little bit more locally if it means being able to handle the exact specific thing I'm buying then carry it out with me and not have to wait on shipping.

If they beefed up their tying selection, it'd totally change that dynamic.  I can't resist spending a little time in fly shops anywhere I know of one when I'm away from home, and usually end up dropping $20+ anytime I darken a fly shop door.  If they had more and different materials (naturally combined with customer friendly hours and location), they'd probably double the amount of business I do with them.

Great operation with super fast turnaround and good people...but more often than not, what they provide in terms of product just isn't really what I'm looking for.
    Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 310
    Re: Special Thanks to FishErie... 2014/09/05 10:53:56 (permalink)
    Thank you for the kind words folks. Are there any products in particular that you guys and gals are having difficulty finding? We are always open to bringing in new products, especially fly tying materials.
    Fisherlady2
    Pro Angler
    Re: Special Thanks to FishErie... 2014/09/05 12:35:09 (permalink)
    I have had to resort to buying color coded braid from another large outdoor store which shall remain nameless... but I looked for it on FishUSA....and I looked again just last week because I will be needing more of it soon.  It is the PowerPro Depth Hunter and comes in # from 10 to 100... I realize there is no way to stock every item for every fishing approach but maybe some of that line in 30# would definitely be ordered for my supply if it were available
    Split Shot
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 891
    Re: Special Thanks to FishErie... 2014/09/11 01:29:02 (permalink)
    They do a great job! I like their new location. Was there about 3 weeks ago!

My Wife said, if I go fish'n one more time, she'll leave me! God, I'm going to miss her!
    Ironhed
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1892
    Re: Special Thanks to FishErie... 2014/09/11 08:36:30 (permalink)
    Fisherlady2
    I have had to resort to buying color coded braid from another large outdoor store which shall remain nameless... but I looked for it on FishUSA....and I looked again just last week because I will be needing more of it soon.  It is the PowerPro Depth Hunter and comes in # from 10 to 100... I realize there is no way to stock every item for every fishing approach but maybe some of that line in 30# would definitely be ordered for my supply if it were available

Call them. They will get it for you. They are one of the largest Shimano dealers in the country.

Blacktop Charters
    Admin
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 310
    Re: Special Thanks to FishErie... 2014/09/11 09:03:51 (permalink)
    Fisherlady2

Fisherlady2,

We expect to have the PowerPro Depth Hunter Line in stock sometime within the next month. 

At FishUSA.com, we are always adding new inventory. Keep checking our New Products page for the latest product additions. 

FishUSA.com Staff
    Fisherlady2
    Pro Angler
    Re: Special Thanks to FishErie... 2014/09/11 09:49:03 (permalink)
    Admin
    Fisherlady2

Fisherlady2,

We expect to have the PowerPro Depth Hunter Line in stock sometime within the next month. 

At FishUSA.com, we are always adding new inventory. Keep checking our New Products page for the latest product additions. 

FishUSA.com Staff

I will check for it... I spoke to the staff on my last visit and have been holding off on purchase with the hopes it would be added.  Thanks!
    Fisherlady2
    Pro Angler
    Re: Special Thanks to FishErie... 2014/09/11 09:52:16 (permalink)
    Ironhed
    Fisherlady2

Call them. They will get it for you. They are one of the largest Shimano dealers in the country.

I spoke to them in person on my last visit and also contacted the regional Rep for Shimano/PowerPro and talked to them about it, since it was so hard to find locally.
    Jump to: