HOLY CRAP NEW DSR PRICES

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
Clint S
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3706
  • Reward points: 0
Re: HOLY CRAP NEW DSR PRICES 2014/08/26 18:59:48 (permalink)
So we could in fact navigate a boat in the DSR, but just not anchor or fish, and if we had to portage around we could. In think every weekend we would get 1000's off boaters and yakers to parade  down through the DSR yank out at the ballpark and go it again............

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
Re: HOLY CRAP NEW DSR PRICES 2014/08/26 19:32:18 (permalink)
Easy ... I have no intention of fishing the jailhouse , which I believe is south bank only private access or the crooked creek of the DSR ( **** shame ripoff ) waters but if that's the case , who is up for taking the daisy Mae through those green grass fields .. Lmao.

In saying that, before the court decision , I used to take the J- boat up past the islands above Rt-3 bridge. Obvious DSR property, they , can't remember if it was norm or Phil , used to tell me I was trespassing . I didn't give a sh! T because I was in a boat and never walked on the land. Nothing ever became of it except I'd hammer the steelhead.
Once the court decision was passed I never went back to test the waters ( for free ) .

Clint, ain't no friggin way I would want river frontage . Just too much hassle , garbage and traffic .
I'm looking HARD at a 30 min radius around there. Hunt the land, fish the river and cruise the lake with the Mae

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
dimebrite2
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1625
Re: HOLY CRAP NEW DSR PRICES 2014/08/27 09:12:10 (permalink)
Charlie by no means am I hinting that you are uninformed in a negative conotation. I was more so suggesting that I may be misinformed. From what I understand, if you own under the river bed (to even just the middle) and there are no public fishing rights in your deed or no right of way...it is then deemed as private property. How about dawn??? She doesn't own both sides and she legally enforces trespassing at all times. By no means am I supporting her, just using her as an example. And from what I understand you can float over private property but not anchor or fish. There are a few properties in and around salmon acres that seem to exercise the same right. From what I understand (based on tax map boundaries on the county site and the survey map that was handed out when tailwater was planning) they do not own past the river bank for most of their water frontage.
And to my knowledge the controversial property across the bank from them is deemed pfr by the state.
But as said I may be misinformed or misinterpreting the matter. From my gathering of knowledge through the years; in the case of private property, its become clear to me that the owning of both sides of the river was a misconception on many peoples parts...as we know and see today that quite a few folks exercise their right to post their river front even with one side owned.

For the DEC purchasing the pfr??? Don't hold you're breath as they offer peanuts with absolute 0 incentives when offering folks to buy pfr rights on "their" "private" property .
dimebrite2
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1625
Re: HOLY CRAP NEW DSR PRICES 2014/08/27 09:25:52 (permalink)
As far as research its pretty simple... Take a look at the county tax map to see what parcels own in to the riverbed... Then cross reference those properties to the DEC pfr map. Simple as that. By no means will I argue anyone's right to private property. If the day comes where I get priced out of dsr... So be it... As tuna mentions often there is plenty of free water in, around, and along the great lake Ontario to target "our" fish.
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3065
Re: HOLY CRAP NEW DSR PRICES 2014/08/27 10:49:55 (permalink)
We reaaaalllllly neeeed fish to start running------lol
fichy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1896
Re: HOLY CRAP NEW DSR PRICES 2014/08/27 16:51:15 (permalink)
Andy, that's it in a nutshell, Dawn patrols one side of the river, but doesn't control both. If someone wants to wade the other side, it's all theirs. If someone buys the Joss parcel, they could in theory allow boats to anchor and wade on their side of the river. I think it's doubtful that will happen though. More likely the DSR is in negotiation or will offer a substantial amount for access and a lease to the new owner. I talked to some guys in a Capital District fly shop today and they were all chomping at the bit and thinking of going this weekend. I blew 100 bucks on good materials and hooks.  Hopefully that'll take me at least into mid-winter.
I bought the last 300 1/0's.
twobob
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1674
Re: HOLY CRAP NEW DSR PRICES 2014/08/27 17:19:32 (permalink)
Octopus I hope.
You know they don't allow you to foul hook fish.
1/0 octo****s are the bestest thing ever!
fichy
Pro Angler
Re: HOLY CRAP NEW DSR PRICES 2014/08/27 19:02:43 (permalink)
twobob
Octopus I hope.
You know they don't allow you to foul hook fish.
1/0 octo****s are the bestest thing ever!

You betcha!  Notice I used a phrase from Sarah Palin. Bet she can salmon fish with the best of 'em. She'd probably knock Dawn out.
Clint S
Pro Angler
Re: HOLY CRAP NEW DSR PRICES 2014/08/27 19:41:55 (permalink)
So what  is the deal that Dawn yells at and confronts anyone CASTING on her side. What is the legality with that. If I read the DSR court case right  (and I may not have) and she owns the bottom. Is it illegal to cast on her side??????????????

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

fichy
Pro Angler
Re: HOLY CRAP NEW DSR PRICES 2014/08/27 20:23:06 (permalink)
No, just unethical when she has paying guests trying to fish that side.
As much as she's a little tetched in the 'ead , I think her motivation is to keep her guests happy. People kerplunking  there lead over in front of them gets her mad, I guess.  The video footage that shows Dawn's little girl in tears watching her mother get a beat down is disturbing to say the least.
Grey areas. The SR is full of them. Is Dawn noxious? Maybe.  But is it right to heave your snag rigs over at her guests?  It broke my heart watching that little girl. That whole scene SUCKED!  She's nucking futz to yell at people casting over to her side when no one is there, but I can see her protecting clients. Now her little girl has a permanent psychological scar. Way to go, for ALL involved.  If Trev sets up his chair across from Jailwater, he may see similar activity.  In '85 I saw a guy get hooked in the leg  on the south side of the trestle by some  white wonder's  white Wonder Rod and cricket. The hookee was drunker than a pickled skunk and proceeded to yank on what he thought was a snag. The hooked fellow plowed right across the river , probably over his waders at one point, and wailed the crap out of the guy. It took 3 people to pull him off. And no , I wasn't fishing, I was viewing. I wonder if the drunk  guy has a story about the one that got away. 
Clint S
Pro Angler
Re: HOLY CRAP NEW DSR PRICES 2014/08/27 21:15:29 (permalink)
Yes that was a horrible scene to say the least and just got put of control. I blame both sides though. you cannot fault dawn to a point, but I sure if she did not have the reputation she had that confrontation may not have happened. You could tell they were just baiting her.  As far as trestle stories I saw a guy hook another right through the eye brow \ lid. The snagger calmly cut his 40# test and told the guy "You really should see a doctor about that" and went on fishing.  The snagee just stood there in shock for a few minutes and slowly walked away...........

r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3065
Re: HOLY CRAP NEW DSR PRICES 2014/08/27 22:23:32 (permalink)
If I got it right from another forum there was a handicapped parking issue by her store near the Legion that she was involved in and guys were upset about it and purposely plunking big lead in front of the guys fishing her side. Don't know if that had anything to do with the fight but in general caused some issues.
hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
Re: HOLY CRAP NEW DSR PRICES 2014/09/05 20:17:24 (permalink)
This has nothing to do with the dsr but pricing in general.
My plan to hit the Great Lake got squashed due to weather and wind. Most likely the Mae won't make it back this year.
So I decide to go to a more inland water where I can troll deep water for trout.
You all know I love ice. Ice gives you the places that might not without a boat, example lake George . Well I have a boat now and the lake of George is mostly locked up by private access except a few places.
1 of which is a great state run boat launch at million dollar beach. Issue is they are closed in the summer and open after Labor Day. The other public access ( few ) don't have boat launches, private marinas do ($50.00. ), hence my rant..
As things would have it, the public boat launch , which was to open this week, is closed.
The lake is great but I'm not willing to pay the increased fee of private , public water..
Sorry I bored you ..

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
Clint S
Pro Angler
Re: HOLY CRAP NEW DSR PRICES 2014/09/05 20:41:17 (permalink)
Nope totally agree HT. Although never really fished there. If in fact it is a "public water" there should be some public access. We are lucky  here at Oneida there are two nice free state launches. I remember when the launch at Mexico point was free. As a teen I used to go fishing there all the time.

Clint S
Pro Angler
Re: HOLY CRAP NEW DSR PRICES 2014/09/05 21:06:28 (permalink)
http://poststar.com/news/local/closed-boat-launch-in-southern-basin-irks-some/article_40e0c0ac-3484-11e4-a21b-001a4bcf887a.html

Here you go Rich. Closed until may. Read the article, is it construction or is it paying for boat inspections and wash.

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to: