North American Fishing Club

Author
bcain
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 378
  • Reward points: 0
2014/04/21 00:14:12 (permalink)

North American Fishing Club

Is anyone here a member of the North American Fishing Club? I received my Jan/Feb magazine but haven't received any other. I just tried to go on their website and cant find anything. It is like they disappeared. WHats going on?

15 Replies Related Threads

ddubs3
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 214
    Re: North American Fishing Club 2014/04/21 07:27:42 (permalink)
    Website changed. You should have received a notice.

Are you happy with your membership? I certainly am not. The magazine rarely has articles that interest me. They send you books that are worth about $10 and charge you $30 for them and sometimes send multiple ones in a week.
    bcain
    Expert Angler
    Re: North American Fishing Club 2014/04/21 22:10:56 (permalink)
    Yes I am happy. I joined never expecting any of those testing things. I did receive fishing line to test. I will never be lucky enough to receive a nice rod or reel. I mainly joined for the magazine. I do enjoy the magazine. Do you know what the new website is? I never received anything. I should have had the newest magazine by now.
    bcain
    Expert Angler
    Re: North American Fishing Club 2014/04/22 23:34:01 (permalink)
    Aint it funny that today, I received my new magazine. They changed companies and the magazine is now huge in size. I like it a lot better. The magazine is laid out better and easier to read. Being a magazine that caters to all fisherman, there are some articles that don't interest me but, you'll have that.
    frost
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 437
    Re: North American Fishing Club 2014/04/28 00:05:49 (permalink)
    Been a member since aug of '99 (a gift for my 10th birthday) and I saved my allowance and became a life member in feb of '99 when I was 12. The new magazines are real nice (I'm a life member of North American Hunting Club also).

http://fishing.scout.com that's the new website for fishing club.

The worst day hunting or fishing will always be better then the best day at school or work!
    bcain
    Expert Angler
    Re: North American Fishing Club 2014/04/28 01:55:04 (permalink)
    Yeah I definitely like the new layout of the magazine. I used to be a member of NAHC but I haven't hunted in well over a decade and have no interest in it. As soon as the funds will allow, I will become a life member of NAFC.
    solitario lupo
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 298
    Re: North American Fishing Club 2014/04/28 13:52:25 (permalink)
    wow this is the first nice post i read about nafc, everybody over there seems like they got their panties in a bunch and just want to complain about change. it wasnt like the old site was better.
    bcain
    Expert Angler
    Re: North American Fishing Club 2014/04/28 23:46:49 (permalink)
    Well, as for the site, it wont let me on. Not sure why. My screen just flashes. As for the magazine, I love it.
    frost
    Expert Angler
    Re: North American Fishing Club 2014/04/29 10:41:41 (permalink)
    They're still working out all the bugs of the new site. Everybody over here have their panties in a bunch cause they expect "I paid my membership, I want free stuff from your testing area." I've been a life member for 15 years and haven't received anything to test other than some bug spray. Why does everybody expect free stuff anymore? Nobody is willing to work hard in life to succeed. Like them wanting to raise minimum wage to $10.10, what about those of us that did bust our rear ends to do something and make more than minimum wage already? Are we going to get an equal pay raise?

The worst day hunting or fishing will always be better then the best day at school or work!
    frost
    Expert Angler
    Re: North American Fishing Club 2014/04/29 10:41:41 (permalink)
    They're still working out all the bugs of the new site. Everybody over here have their panties in a bunch cause they expect "I paid my membership, I want free stuff from your testing area." I've been a life member for 15 years and haven't received anything to test other than some bug spray. Why does everybody expect free stuff anymore? Nobody is willing to work hard in life to succeed. Like them wanting to raise minimum wage to $10.10, what about those of us that did bust our rear ends to do something and make more than minimum wage already? Are we going to get an equal pay raise?

solitario lupo
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 298
    Re: North American Fishing Club 2014/04/29 14:58:36 (permalink)
    You say free stuff. Its funny cause i dont think people wanted the free stuff they had. i did though and enjoyed it. They complained about stuffstuff, I went from level 1 to level 6 in a year and with that time I got my moneys worth. Actually with the products I got, I didn’t pay a cent to the club. Funny how that worked, I guess . But wait maybe I shouldn’t  of taken my time to get free stuff and taken my time to just complained like everybody else that  didn’t want free stuff  because it was change, which this world today is all about changing. Another funny thing is  that the members ruined stuffstuff for themselves. They didn’t want to take the time which is sad. So when it comes to members over there ya they got their panties in a bunch instead of helping the club out and enjoying being a member which they are paying for.
    post edited by solitario lupo - 2014/04/29 15:05:36
    bcain
    Expert Angler
    Re: North American Fishing Club 2014/04/29 21:11:33 (permalink)
    I joined for the magazine. I enjoy reading books and magazines. I figured this way. If they send me some high end reel or rod to test, then that is good for me. If not, oh well, I like the magazine. I have come to the conclusion nothing is free in life. If you want something, you either work for it or you don't get it.
    Fish5000
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 694
    Re: North American Fishing Club 2014/04/30 20:15:59 (permalink)
    I had a membership with them ~12-15 years ago and quit, but not for the reasons most would expect. I never believed I'd be a "Field Tester" as they wrote and receive expensive equipment without cost to me. The magazine was OK, not the best, not the worst, but acceptable. What got me was they kept sending me correspondence with increasing costs for different levels and stating I'd receive this or that expensive rod/reel combo, lures and other fishing equipment. I didn't send for any of it as what was being offered sounded too good to be true. After that they would send me things that I never requested. As I didn't realize exactly what was being sent the first two times, I opened the package thinking I was lucky [stupid mistake]. There was a bill with both items and as I already opened the package, I was responsible for return postage from the post office's perspective. I sent a letter canceling my subscription and stated they could keep the balance as I didn't want any further contact with them, but they continued to send things three more times. I would write "Return To Sender- Contents Not Requested". After three mailings from them and returns, they either got the message or it finally caught up with them in their delivery system. Never again will I respond to their ads. I'm happy they've been satisfactory to some of you, but my experience with them has been awful and the same according to three of my friends. Maybe they [NAFC] have changed.
    bcain
    Expert Angler
    Re: North American Fishing Club 2014/05/01 11:59:01 (permalink)
    It may be a little better now. I did receive some hardcover books. I kept and paid for a few that are very informative. I would have liked to buy the whole collection but money was tight at the time. They gave you the name of the book on the package before you opened it at least they do now. I did receive some coins that had fish on them. Sent the first one back and said not interested. Never received anything else. So far, I am very satisfied.
    frost
    Expert Angler
    Re: North American Fishing Club 2014/05/04 22:00:26 (permalink)
    Yeah I got those books, knives, belt buckles and all the other stuff that I never requested. I would then get the bill for it, and well seeing I never requested it, I never sent payment for them. They have finally stopped sending me unrequested items like those. I always opened them not knowing what exactly it was. I did call them after the first item and told them I didn't request the item and wanted to send it back, but was not going to pay the shipping, they were to send me a shipping label seeing they sent it without me wanting it. They told me the shipping was on me and they weren't responsible. I tried to return it, but wasn't paying for shipping, so it's on them.

I do have to say though, the new magazine is a lot better then before and it's big enough that I think even the blind could read it.

rooo
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 27
    Re: North American Fishing Club 2014/05/08 03:22:06 (permalink)
    I belong to NAFC and NAHC as well. I think about 75% of the magazines (the centers) are the same. They will now be quarterly. I was hoping that the Fishing and Hunting mags would be released a couple weeks apart, but looks like no such luck. I think they're using the 'Cabela's' model of shipping the same magazine with two different covers! 
    Jump to: