Sometimes it's good to dream

Author
hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
  • Reward points: 0
2014/04/14 09:31:46 (permalink)

Sometimes it's good to dream

Well it was a heck of a weekend here for me.. Had plenty of projects going on and in the end all worked out well..
Lets start with thursday,
We had plans of taking out a big old nasty picture window and replacing it with some great high end double hung windows.. After the old nasty was removed it took most of the day and into the night to complete the project.. It got done and all were happy with the results.. Yea we are redneck woodchucks here:

So it was a J.O.B work day friday and I couldn't wait to get home and start playing with my boat for saturdays adventures..
I awoke to cool and foggy conditions but by mid morning the weather turned for the better:

This was a shakedown trip with a new to me 9.9 hp Yahama motor on the old 14' flat bottom..
I must say that it exceeded my expectations ..  She ran GREAT and handled well on the Might Hudson:

A little stop to Gilligans Island to once again secure some real estate for an upcoming camping adventure.. :

No real fishing took place except for a little trolling with a jointed Rapala and produce no strikes.. I'm sure fish are around but it was just a shakedown day for the new motor..
What a glorious night for a bon fire though:

Sunday morning was a slow crawl outta the rack but we had an appointment to meet at 11am so off we went.. A quick stop to check out some nice fishing waters on the way and they were in good shape although we didn't wet a line:

Finally we reached our destination and my eyes got wide.. She is what I had been searching for quite awhile now.. An oldie but goodie.. Starcraft Islander 221 hard top..
Solid boat with all the set up for a fishing machine.. Gps, electric riggers , fish hawk box for riggers and too much to list but again , she is ready to hit the water running..

The maiden voyage will be friday for Striped bass and the goal is to keep it docked here until the stripers exodus back to the Atlantic Ocean the I will be in search of a residency for the rest of the season on the Great Lake O..
This is a total game changer for me.. I doubt I will ever fish for Salmon again (unless I can be Jacks net man) on the SR..
I'm super excited about this new adventure and hope to share lots of good times with good folks here aboard the "Rockin in the HT"

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen

13 Replies Related Threads

troutbum21
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1301
    Re: Sometimes it's good to dream 2014/04/14 09:45:33 (permalink)
    Sweet!!!!  Best of luck with her to you and all who step aboard.

pafisher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3000
    Re: Sometimes it's good to dream 2014/04/14 11:26:47 (permalink)
    Rich I think we'll need at least 750 to float that down the SR  Nice looking boat,you should really get into some Stripers with that on the mighty Hudson.
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    Re: Sometimes it's good to dream 2014/04/14 12:01:43 (permalink)
    Jack, I think it will be ok in 4,500-5,200 flow :)
    Thanks so much for the spring dance.. I was getting tired of looking down a hole and ready for open water again..
    I know most here are shore bound stream anglers as I , but this was always my dream to own a real fishing vessel , not a stupid Ranger bass boat that I couldn't wait to sell..
    Hope all is well in Pa land and you can make a stop on the Mighty Hudson at some point..
    I will net stripers all day for you my friend..

Fisherlady2
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2196
    Re: Sometimes it's good to dream 2014/04/14 14:40:09 (permalink)
    That is one sweet looking ride HT!  Love the classics!  May you have many, many days of happy memories on the new boat!!
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    Re: Sometimes it's good to dream 2014/04/14 15:28:01 (permalink)
    Thank you kindly . I hope the grandkids make those memories happen.

Clint S
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3706
    Re: Sometimes it's good to dream 2014/04/14 18:33:32 (permalink)
    Nice boat indeed,  looks like it will handle Lake O well.   Good luck on the Stripers.   

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

r3g3
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3065
    Re: Sometimes it's good to dream 2014/04/14 18:54:16 (permalink)
    Have fun !!!
    3fan
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 668
    Re: Sometimes it's good to dream 2014/04/14 20:01:16 (permalink)
    Great looking rig Tuna!
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    Re: Sometimes it's good to dream 2014/04/14 20:06:10 (permalink)
    I think we may rub gunnels out there this season 3man. :)
    Real crappy weather coming so it might put off the maiden voyage Friday. Don't really need to running into floating trees, just yet

twobob
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1674
    Re: Sometimes it's good to dream 2014/04/15 03:51:15 (permalink)
    Sweet float!

I'm not shore bound.
    I have a 9 foot inflatable toon.
    Don't think I'll be trolling the big LO anytime soon .
    But then the browns do hug the shore pretty soon so you never know.
    Lucky13
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1949
    Re: Sometimes it's good to dream 2014/04/15 07:32:36 (permalink)
    They have been crushing browns with the occasional coho mixed in at the usual spot  for over a week now.

Nice vessel HT!

L13
    3fan
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 668
    Re: Sometimes it's good to dream 2014/04/18 15:01:20 (permalink)
    Hey Tuna, been working out of Selkirk for last couple weeks gonna be there all summer and fall so campsites will be on me. Boats gonna be parked there a lot as Im remodeling the park managers place and working on a nice boat parking spot. As Luck says Ive been getting reports very similar that action is hot when they can get out, this week was nasty and only saw a few get out yesterday, my boat is not in the lake yet waiting on marina but a quick run around oneida lake to make sure shes ready and its going north for a month or so will let you know when if you can get away love to see ya dude!
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    Re: Sometimes it's good to dream 2014/04/18 22:22:57 (permalink)
    Thanks for the intel 3. I been busting hump on the house the last few days with the mighty Hudson UGLY. Wheels are spinning. June would be my first look at Lake O, don't know what bites then. For sure gonna rub rails with ya ,,Oneida is cool too .
    Always welcome aboard the " ship of fools " ? Tough naming a new baby

Jump to: