Take the fish if your gonna take its eggs

Author
kyler16
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2396
  • Reward points: 0
2007/10/02 07:08:56 (permalink)

Take the fish if your gonna take its eggs

On elk I saw over 6 female steelhead stripped of their eggs but left on the shore to rot. I wish I would of saw one of them doing that, I would of some how contacted the fish commishion or gave them an ear full. Its horrible some people do such a thing, if you only want the eggs least take the fish to poor richards so they can smoke it, not for it to lay there an stink and attract flies!

"If you kill it, eat it. If you eat it, cook it right."
-Steve Rinella

22 Replies Related Threads

STEALYS4ME
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1443
    RE: Take the fish if your gonna take its eggs 2007/10/02 07:44:30 (permalink)
    Never encountered that on the tribs. Maybe the fish cops need to be looking for this in the future striping and leaving thats a bunch of bull----
    Bughawk
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3247
    RE: Take the fish if your gonna take its eggs 2007/10/02 07:54:56 (permalink)
    I found one female right next to the toilets on Walnut one year.  It is pretty sick to catch the fish and then only take the eggs.  If you don't want to eat the fish, give them to someone who will.  The sad thing is the people who did that most likely will never see this board and if they did, don't care.  All they are interested in is doing what they want and have little concern for the fish or anyone.  It is all about them. 

pax vobiscum +
    Loomis
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2674
    RE: Take the fish if your gonna take its eggs 2007/10/02 08:16:28 (permalink)
    Tell me about it once they were in the Porta John at 20 mile, absolutely repulsive.
    Youghman
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 310
    RE: Take the fish if your gonna take its eggs 2007/10/02 08:45:00 (permalink)
    Bug, you are right these cretins are not civilized, how can you expect them to read or act like humans.
    It never ceases to amaze me how ignorant some slobs can be. I always shudder when I see someone w/ stellhead roped, drag them overland and thru the dirt and parking lot. I guess thats their way of tenderizing.
    The ultimate was 2 years ago in N.Y. at Burt Dam, when I followed a guy that dragged 3 brownies all the way from the wall to the parking lot and then proceeded to tie the fish to his bumper hitch and then drag them behind the truck to the cleaning station up the road.
    Stupid is as stupid does.
    JEB
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2248
    RE: Take the fish if your gonna take its eggs 2007/10/02 08:56:21 (permalink)
    I saw one in the porta john at Walnut one year too. It just makes me sick. If these guys are caught, they should loose their licensce for a year or two as well as a big fine.
    kyler16
    Pro Angler
    RE: Take the fish if your gonna take its eggs 2007/10/02 14:18:24 (permalink)
    Im only 6'1 225lbs but I have a temper of a guy whose 10ft tall and bullet proof. Especially when it comes to treating steelhead and other fish like garbage. even gobys and sheephead. If I would of saw any of those things happening Im sure my mouth would of opened. Ive recently purchased a pistol and got my permit and protection permit.   I let it be visible for the ones I say something to if repercussions may happen. But its not there to threaten its there if I encounter another Russian group snagging and poaching I wont have to worrry bout the "mind your own business if you know whats good for you" line. Respect the outdoors and all species. why kill a fish for its eggs only to catch what 2 more fish? when killing a female your lessoning the numbers... take males if our keeping anything. Ill keep one my next trip only to trade it at poor richards.... got a taste of the regular smoked and the cajun.... lets just say its the best tasting fish Ive had in a while. but dont leave fish lying on the stream side or in porta jons. 

-Steve Rinella
    SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3842
    RE: Take the fish if your gonna take its eggs 2007/10/02 14:26:19 (permalink)
    The trash cans in Indiana say "no fish parts" so the egg strippers throw the fish in the porta johns.

Ever try to take a poop on top of 20 15 pounds skamania's that have been rotting in 90 degree temps?

yum yum.
    Katty
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 169
    RE: Take the fish if your gonna take its eggs 2007/10/02 15:00:03 (permalink)
    I see it all the time. If they want the egg the bait stores all have them for like $1.00.
    At least take care of the fish and give them to someone.
    There is always someone that would take the fish.
    nymphus
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 106
    RE: Take the fish if your gonna take its eggs 2007/10/02 15:03:03 (permalink)
     This makes me sick!  These actions are done by sub-human, brainless morons that have no respect for any lifeform!  I hope I never witness this streamside. 

nymphus
    RussianBear
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 12
    RE: Take the fish if your gonna take its eggs 2007/10/02 15:21:45 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: kyler16

Im only 6'1 225lbs but I have a temper of a guy whose 10ft tall and bullet proof. Especially when it comes to treating steelhead and other fish like garbage. even gobys and sheephead. If I would of saw any of those things happening Im sure my mouth would of opened. Ive recently purchased a pistol and got my permit and protection permit.   I let it be visible for the ones I say something to if repercussions may happen. But its not there to threaten its there if I encounter another Russian group snagging and poaching I wont have to worrry bout the "mind your own business if you know whats good for you" line. Respect the outdoors and all species. why kill a fish for its eggs only to catch what 2 more fish? when killing a female your lessoning the numbers... take males if our keeping anything. Ill keep one my next trip only to trade it at poor richards.... got a taste of the regular smoked and the cajun.... lets just say its the best tasting fish Ive had in a while. but dont leave fish lying on the stream side or in porta jons. 

you are so tuf
    you buy gun to shoot guy for fishing and bragg on internet
    why don you go jump in lake fony
    you ar big ugly babie
    i see you on wall i call fish cop on you becase you so ugly
    even ivan know you cannot show gun to peeple if you have permitt
    you big fony tuf guy
    go eet goby fony
    pxatim
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4786
    RE: Take the fish if your gonna take its eggs 2007/10/02 15:34:35 (permalink)
    hahahaha best post all day.

fake posters
    Skip16503
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4028
    RE: Take the fish if your gonna take its eggs 2007/10/02 15:50:32 (permalink)
    Carpet Bagger
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1834
    RE: Take the fish if your gonna take its eggs 2007/10/02 16:31:28 (permalink)

Just remember your's isnt the last pistol they made...you start slingin around your pistol like the old west you might find yourself to be quite an easy target at 6'1'' 225lbs.

i dont see the necessary need for a pistol while in the creeks...steelhead arent that scary...

CB
    I never thought I'd say this, but I love my Sport-Craft!
    T.T.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1656
    RE: Take the fish if your gonna take its eggs 2007/10/02 16:37:18 (permalink)
    As funny as some of these "fake posters" are, the really are just trolls.  Eventually, they all wear out their welcome.

I've got to say, though, I'm glad K16 is out there defending the steelhead and gobies.  It's nice to know that a clueless, untrained oaf is out there running around with a gun protecting the egg sacs.

...and no, that's not a shot at Doc!
    post edited by T.T. - 2007/10/02 16:40:33
    kyler16
    Pro Angler
    RE: Take the fish if your gonna take its eggs 2007/10/02 16:45:05 (permalink)
    lol untrained and cluessless has to be completely off the mark.  particaltrained and has some of a clue would be better.

Try being the only one in a hole when 7 guys of the size casey hampton come walking up with nets not looking to share a drift.

but yet Id rather protect the gobies hell even the fall fish rather then defend you.

-Steve Rinella
    kyler16
    Pro Angler
    RE: Take the fish if your gonna take its eggs 2007/10/02 16:47:50 (permalink)
    lol when did I say show. its easily noticeable on my hip.

carpet you should of seen the spider on my sunday. Its reasons like that I carry heat lol

but honestly what kinda spiders are in erie, never saw something like that before. only that would top a gang of russians  

-Steve Rinella
    *commander*
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2647
    RE: Take the fish if your gonna take its eggs 2007/10/02 16:59:44 (permalink)
    sry man, but i gotta ask. if youre as bad as you say you are, why do you need a gun? youre going to shoot somebody for snagging and keeping steelhead? youre going to do what youre going to do, but i sure wouldnt advertise that weapon unless youre going to USE it. threaten the wrong person with a firearm and you may find yourself on the bank in the same position as the steelhead youre trying to protect. that or bending over for the soap.

kyler16
    Pro Angler
    RE: Take the fish if your gonna take its eggs 2007/10/02 17:02:58 (permalink)
    Im a pretty bad man as you can read from my post but even the badest men cant defend themselves from a group. not once did I say I was threatening them for snagging I said if my butt cant cash that check my mouth writes at the wrong time.... when push comes to shove... I just might be defending myself enough. lol 

-Steve Rinella
    waxmybean
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 19
    RE: Take the fish if your gonna take its eggs 2007/10/02 17:06:28 (permalink)

particaltrained

Kyler I gotta know what does particletrained mean???

Rope-em and Smoke-em
    kyler16
    Pro Angler
    RE: Take the fish if your gonna take its eggs 2007/10/02 17:15:00 (permalink)
    little bit more the untrained, not much bout a click more

-Steve Rinella
    *commander*
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2647
    RE: Take the fish if your gonna take its eggs 2007/10/02 17:30:50 (permalink)
    kyler you remind me of the characters "Francis" and "Cruiser" from one of the greatest movies of all time: STRIPES

post edited by *commander* - 2007/10/02 17:46:56
    elephanthead
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1057
    RE: Take the fish if your gonna take its eggs 2007/10/02 17:39:55 (permalink)
    South is the direction this thread took. have to make a note not to visit it again !!!    Dave
    Jump to: