PSA Big run??????

Author
racinray
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 162
  • Reward points: 0
2007/10/01 07:32:02 (permalink)

PSA Big run??????

Where was everybody at???A lot of faces normally  ,weren't there this year, everyone couldn't have been fishing..Good to see Scott and pick his brain a little finally nice to meet Elephanthead seeing the usuals and messing around casting the pin rod with a few members,might have some new converts this fall.LOL...had a good time.Ray

la Fish Hog

15 Replies Related Threads

woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8507
    RE: PSA Big run?????? 2007/10/01 07:50:30 (permalink)
    Sorry I missed it Ray. Was really hoping to meet alot of people. Had a dear friend of mine pass away and tried to help his children out. I,m glad you had a good time.

Panfisher
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 799
    RE: PSA Big run?????? 2007/10/01 08:24:58 (permalink)
    Does any one have any pictures?  I couldn't make it this year.

The only thing better than 1 day of fishing is 2 days of fishing.
    elephanthead
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1057
    RE: PSA Big run?????? 2007/10/01 09:25:24 (permalink)
    Great day to spend with friends and future friends. Good to meet some new people. Ray, Scott, thanks for taking the time with the pin to show a hard head how to begin (do ya think Beerman is going over to the dark side after Saturday ?). T.T. nice to meet ya,Skip,Doc,Dano,Chris,Indy and if I forgot anyone (sorry). Couldn't ask for a better day. Too bad the turnout was low, we'll have to look at that next year and see how to change it. Oh, and Scott, your rods are beyond super !! I'll have one soon. Chris look for a PM, I think I have the answer to your problem.   Take care all.   Dave
    post edited by elephanthead - 2007/10/01 09:27:25
    Bughawk
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3247
    RE: PSA Big run?????? 2007/10/01 10:49:56 (permalink)
    I had a wedding to do...  Would of loved to have been there.

pax vobiscum +
    T.T.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1656
    RE: PSA Big run?????? 2007/10/01 11:26:16 (permalink)
    e-head, nice to meet you as well.  Nice to put faces to many of the names on here.  Yourself, Luke 9:23, Youghman, CR500 and a bunch of others I'm sad to not recall right now were new aquaintances made.  Nice to see Dano, BugDrifter (we've got to fish some day), and Creel among others again.  I too, apologize to anyone I'm missing right now.

Scott absolutely blew me away.  What an artist!  A hell of a guy, too.  I also will have one of his rods soon.  Anyone who attended and saw what he brought and passed on a ticket for the Terry Raffle is passing on a good chance to win not only something from a long list of prizes, but one of his incredible pieces of art, as well as helping out a GREAT family.  Thanks, Scott.  I can't wait.

To the Officers and B.O.D.s of the PSA and the volunteers (including CR500's daughter), thank you for a great time, once again.  My brother really enjoyed his first Big Run banquet, and will REALLY enjoy spending that $100 Poor Richard's gift certificate from the Chinese auction.  He'll be back next year.  The folks who missed it really missed another first rate event.  I spoke with P.R.'s West Sunday, and they said they were VERY busy all day Saturday, so you all can be proud that the efforts to aquire and maintain all that access paid off in allowing a whole bunch of people to get out and enjoy the first big run of the season.
    CR500
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 186
    RE: PSA Big run?????? 2007/10/01 12:07:37 (permalink)
    Ray,

The teacher has now become the student...  Your floats are prettier than mine...  Thanks now I have to go turn a hundred or so and make them at least as pretty.  You really suck ya know, I really don't have the time to play with floats.  You are killing me and maybe that will make your wife feel a bit better and not hate me so much.

T.T.

The reel seat is off and totally finished.  Some liberal buffing and the it is shiny as new.  I still have to use some cleaner to get the threads totally cleaned out.  They are buffed and pretty but there is still a touch of compound that's being difficult.  I started making a beading tool to match the beads on the original handle from high speed tool steel.  Maybe I'll turn a new handle from some curly maple and refinish the original and you can choose which goes on the rod.

The new rod has the tie-down wraps on and is CP'd and drying on the bench.  Another coat of CP then the guide, inscription and hook keeper are needed to get to the finish.  The rod bag went to the embroiderer this morning.  It should be on it's way to you by next Monday.

Dave,

It was good to talk with you this weekend.  It's been a long time coming putting a face with the name.  I was sure you were good people for years and now I know I wasn't wrong.  Put that centerpin on your noodle and go chasing anything in your local rivers.  Just put on a 2 hook worm harness and drift away.  In a few hours you will be well on your way.

If you can think it up we can surly build you anything you could ever want.  No worries.

Dave F.,

I didn't get to gab with you much this year and that's a shame because I always learn to look at materials from a different prospective when we talk.

This is the proud father part here... 

Thanks for noticing my daughter helping out.  She said that Diane asked if she wanted to help and as I looked over I saw here lending a hand.  It's cool to watch your kids becoming an adult.  One of the coolest things is when they just do the things that need to be done because that's what needs to be done and not because you are climbing down their necks.  Before I know it 6 years will be gone and she'll be off to college.  It's days like Saturday that make me feel better about how she will fare in the world when she is out and on her own.

Scott
    elephanthead
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1057
    RE: PSA Big run?????? 2007/10/01 12:17:40 (permalink)
    Scott, Hmmmmm 2 hook worm harness, never thought of that !   Got plenty of them.     Dave
    T.T.
    Pro Angler
    RE: PSA Big run?????? 2007/10/01 12:42:43 (permalink)
    So, are you saying they really are silver?  Wow!  Not a bad find from out in the old chicken house, eh?
    Grendel
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1675
    RE: PSA Big run?????? 2007/10/01 12:51:55 (permalink)
    The following PSA Board of Directors and Officers were instrumental in getting the banquet set-up, running, and torn down:

Glenn Mills      Spoonchucker               Doc
    Diane K.         Bob E.
    Steve G.        Chris N. (Chrisrowboat)

Without the help of CR500ette, Diane K. would have been buried beyond belief.   In addition to Glenn's Family helping out in selling Tipboard tickets and raffling hams, there were two volunteers that helped clean-up afterwards.  A hearty Thank You goes to them as well.

It was GREAT to meet new people, and to say hello once again to familiar faces.  Although the attendance was on the low end, a lot of good came out of this years banquet.

Doc

The strength of a person isn't measured by the muscle in their arm or how tall they stand, but rather, by the amount of knowledge and area of versatility they can cover. CM ~ 1987

Not a fan of Burgh teams. Get over it...
    Youghman
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 310
    RE: PSA Big run?????? 2007/10/01 20:48:14 (permalink)
    Racin Ray, Bugdrifter, CR500, Spoonchucker,T.T., Chrisnrowboat, Beerman, Luke 9:23, Dano and everyone else whom this feeble mind cannot recall it was great to see you and speak w/you.

It was really special to see Lori there and have her bring Terry(picture) w/ her.
    How hard it must have been for her to be there representing Terry and knowing her other son was leaving for Iraq today. Let's all please pray for his safe tour of duty.

T.T. thank you for helping Terry's family spread his ashes on his favorite creeks.
    Whenever I fish them, I will always know my good friend is w/ me.
    T.T.
    Pro Angler
    RE: PSA Big run?????? 2007/10/01 21:04:32 (permalink)
    I wasn't the only one helping out.  Dano had a lot to do with it, as did Chris.  Indsguiz can't get to a computer for a few days, so I don't think he'll mind me speaking for him in that it was an honor to be asked to be there.  There are people on here more deserving of the honor who couldn't make it for various reasons, and I'm proud of the FOT who have supported our efforts, as well as the PSA for supplying the materials for the bench.

It is very cool to have seen first-hand the final and permanent trip Terry made to Steelhead Alley.  He'll always be here so no FOT will, no matter if you make the journey by yourself, ever chase the chrome alone. 
    beerman
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1314
    RE: PSA Big run?????? 2007/10/02 17:20:34 (permalink)
    It was great to be able to BS about fishing with many of the "olde timers" from this site, last Saturday, at the party/picnic.  If you are interested in fishing, and want some good info about different techniques and/or different places to fish, then this annual event is a must! 

Thanks to Scott and Ray for the introduction to center pin fishing.  I think eventually I will be a new convert to the dark side.  **** pinners, lol!

Ray, what model of reel was that, which you may end up selling?

changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes....nothing remains quite the same

The Beerman ~ Greg
    racinray
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 162
    RE: PSA Big run?????? 2007/10/02 19:25:49 (permalink)
    Islander steelheader in gold..Thanks Scott!!.Ray

la Fish Hog
    Luke 9:23
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 283
    RE: PSA Big run?????? 2007/10/02 20:20:54 (permalink)
    Thanks to all for a good time and good fellowship and thank the Lord for great weather.  I enjoyed meeting people we have sent messages and responses before and was glad to see Queenie there and her family.  The spirit of the Crip was there although he is in a better place.  I hope you made a bundle for the PSA.  It is for a good cause and all my saved money is spent and gone. 

CR500  A special word for you. You amaze me for all that you do and donate to this and to the Terry raffle.  Words cannot express my gratitude and thankfulness to meet someone like you. 

Till we meet on the waters again.

Grateful to all! 

Luke 9:23
    outdrwriter
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 64
    RE: PSA Big run?????? 2007/10/06 08:03:15 (permalink)
    Found this on the web. Pics and video from the banquet.

http://www.storytrax.com/node/1014
    Jump to: