STAY AWAY FROM ME!

Author
Finster
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 184
  • Reward points: 0
2007/08/26 18:47:18 (permalink)

STAY AWAY FROM ME!

I was up the other day running riggers with a crawler harness. It has done well the past few outings. However, the other day I could not keep the White Bass off the lines long enough for a walleye to bite. I would drop the rigger and not troll more than a few hundred yards.... BAM... another White Bass..... This was happening all day, from the point to walnut. I'm slightly more insane because of it. Anyone have any ideas on how to miss this fish?

22 Replies Related Threads

STEALYS4ME
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1443
    RE: STAY AWAY FROM ME! 2007/08/26 19:19:16 (permalink)
    No i was out there last week fishing for perch and was getting doubles of white bass.  Its enough to drive u nuts.
    T.T.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1656
    RE: STAY AWAY FROM ME! 2007/08/26 19:37:51 (permalink)
    Drippin'.
    Big Fathead
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 915
    RE: STAY AWAY FROM ME! 2007/08/26 22:09:18 (permalink)
    6-8 at a time today while trolling for eyes they hit magnum spoons, stinger spoons, stick baits, harnesses, everything I put out they hit. We were trolling 8 rods and couldn't keep them off any of them, We tried running from 40' down to odragging the bottom they were everywere. One thing I can say is we had alot of action with only five eyes boated in an 8 hour day!
    2fish
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 58
    RE: STAY AWAY FROM ME! 2007/08/27 02:28:12 (permalink)
    TT   aka CITY BOY,
    You've become quite the troll over the last year. Every thread that I open I see that you've jumped in with some stupid comment. You obviously need to get a life, job, go fishing, or just go sit on the porch and pull gangbanger watch for the neighborhood's security. Do something usefull because all that I've read from you lately has been nothing but a waste of time. What's the deal ? Is that how you reached PRO status by posting all this BS ? I thought so, because it definately can't be from you actually fishing. Can't say as I've ever seen anyone fishing AND posting on the internet at the same time.
    B.T.W.  I do believe the phrase Drippin' has already been taken.
    Steve
    post edited by 2fish - 2007/08/28 02:42:02

Love 2fish
    Live 2fish
    Work in order to afford 2fish
    2fish
    Novice Angler
    RE: STAY AWAY FROM ME! 2007/08/27 03:22:25 (permalink)
    I now know how this rating system works!!! The more jibberish, BS, nonsense, and all round crap that you post the better fisherman or woman you are considered . No matter if it has any benefit to anyone or not. Troll the threads stick your nose into all the threads that you can and soon you'll become a PRO ANGLER like T.T. It's not  what or how much you know but how hard you blow!!!
    2fish

Love 2fish
    Live 2fish
    jlh42581
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1885
    RE: STAY AWAY FROM ME! 2007/08/27 09:35:12 (permalink)
    A rating system is set by the forum administrator. Its nothing more then to distinguish how much you have contributed at a quick glance.

Its a choice by the owner of the forum what these are called and after how many posts such is assigned. I am by no means a pro angler. I like to think I have a good bit of knowledge but the last time I checked I wasnt getting free rods or anything.

Tim does contribute quite a bit, give him a break. We all joke like this here, its just part of this forum
    woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8507
    RE: STAY AWAY FROM ME! 2007/08/27 09:48:02 (permalink)
    Ya, take a chill pill.

Skip16503
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4028
    RE: STAY AWAY FROM ME! 2007/08/27 11:29:03 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Mikastorm

Ya, take a chill pill.

Mika you better be careful that phrase has been Taken 

Mikatroll  LOL

T.T.
    Pro Angler
    RE: STAY AWAY FROM ME! 2007/08/27 11:37:27 (permalink)
    I do believe the phrase Drippin' has already been taken

Are you Leroy?  Did I bogart your catch phrase?  Sorry I stepped on your toes, brotha'.

Two posts bashing me at that time of the day.  Hmmm.  Did you get shot down at the local bar, then decide to take it out on me?  At least you're posting worthwhile comments.  The outdoors' community appreciates all your contributions.

As for FOT, that's Friend Of Terry.  You would have know that had you ever gotten to know Terry Yocum, but since you were fishing all the time, you must not have had the chance to.  That's your loss.
    pghmarty
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5951
    RE: STAY AWAY FROM ME! 2007/08/27 11:49:37 (permalink)
    x
    post edited by pghmarty - 2007/08/27 11:54:12
    pghmarty
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5951
    RE: STAY AWAY FROM ME! 2007/08/27 11:53:48 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Mikastorm

Ya, take a chill pill.

Storm Warning 2
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 583
    RE: STAY AWAY FROM ME! 2007/08/27 14:07:33 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Finster

I was up the other day running riggers with a crawler harness. It has done well the past few outings. However, the other day I could not keep the White Bass off the lines long enough for a walleye to bite. I would drop the rigger and not troll more than a few hundred yards.... BAM... another White Bass..... This was happening all day, from the point to walnut. I'm slightly more insane because of it. Anyone have any ideas on how to miss this fish?

GO DEEP!  There are fish out there, just more scattered, and very few white perch and white bass!

Inside the first ditch was LOADED with white bass and white perch yesterday as well as quite a few farm animals.

Slay
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 70
    RE: STAY AWAY FROM ME! 2007/08/27 14:54:28 (permalink)
    I dont wanna sound stupid, but is a "white perch" another name for a walleye?    

My Brother and I are headin out to the first or maybe second trench tommorow and would love to catch some eyes...unless of course all there is are white perch there......                                                             
    2fish
    Novice Angler
    RE: STAY AWAY FROM ME! 2007/08/28 02:38:54 (permalink)
    T.T.
       Sorry, my bad. Must have been the Vicodan and Jim Beam helping me to vent my frustrations due to a hyper-extended knee with a little torn cartlidge and ligaments thrown in. Been stuck in this cumbersome leg brace since July 6th and was just informed that it will be on for another 3-6 wks. This is firewood cuttin' time and I've been unable to get it done. So that is gonna be cutting into steelie fishin' and archery season {so much for archery}.
       I usually try to post only helpful info, but you know **it happens. Boredom can get the best of anyone. It's pretty bad when you look forward to physical therapy just to get out, as I can't even drive {legally, due to the straight leg brace from ankle to top of my thigh}
       As for F.O.T. now I feel bad. No, I never had the priveledge of meeting Terry, but always enjoyed his posts as he was a truly inspiring man with his never surrender attitude. His presence on the boards will be missed by many including myself.
    Steve

Love 2fish
    Live 2fish
    T.T.
    Pro Angler
    RE: STAY AWAY FROM ME! 2007/08/28 10:17:19 (permalink)
    I could go with the obligatory "It takes a big man...", but I'll spare you that obnoxious take on what happened.  Apology accepted.

Notice to the board members:

Do not mix pain meds, alcohol and typing!

The combination does nobody any good.  It's been happening a lot lately, and should to be avoided.  (except for you, Skip)

My advice:  Do what peacy does, just not as much as he does.
    Skip16503
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4028
    RE: STAY AWAY FROM ME! 2007/08/28 10:30:43 (permalink)
    Thats it throw my name into the mix grrrrrrrrrrrr    Dam you TT

Peacy does a good thing  hmm 

elephanthead
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1057
    RE: STAY AWAY FROM ME! 2007/08/28 10:49:51 (permalink)
    Painers are good food !   Dave
    indsguiz
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6355
    RE: STAY AWAY FROM ME! 2007/08/28 10:59:51 (permalink)
    Gentlemen,
         Wow if I couldn't post on pain meds I'd never post!  And when did alcohol come into it.  How about caffiene and antidepressants?  Preperation H and stool softeners?  There has got to be a combination I can use.  I've got it!  Rod varnish and paint thinner!  The perfect mix for me.  BTW,  2fish I feel your pain.  Really.  I am slowly loosing some of my functions due to a rather severe back/neck injury.  Try to focus on the positive side.  Look forward.  If I didn't have the friendship of some people from this board some days would be a complete disaster.  I try to post good things, and I like to crack jokes.  I even read what yong grubho posts sometimes!  Not driving can be a real hctib.  For all the dyslexic posters.

Illegitimis Non carborundum
    T.T.
    Pro Angler
    RE: STAY AWAY FROM ME! 2007/08/28 12:16:24 (permalink)
    I'm sure most of the hostility on the boards lately being blamed on adverse reactions to medication are more likely due to some of the things 2fish hit on.  It's the limitations and frustrations in our lives. (read: no steelhead runs yet)  The loss of abilities to do easily what you've done many times in your life (read: catch steelhead) can and does make the best of us lash out angrily.  Just like the majority of the political "discussions", it will all be better soon.  (read: the steelhead are comming soon)

(I in no way mean to dismiss real symptoms of real ailments suffered by any and all board members.  One must follow doctor's orders.)
                                                                (Besides, I'm just a smart-a** at heart.)
    MuskyMastr
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3032
    RE: STAY AWAY FROM ME! 2007/08/29 11:33:30 (permalink)
    T.T.  just for the record......I was laughing....

Better too far back, than too far forward.
    Storm Warning 2
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 583
    RE: STAY AWAY FROM ME! 2007/08/29 11:35:14 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Slay

I dont wanna sound stupid, but is a "white perch" another name for a walleye?    

My Brother and I are headin out to the first or maybe second trench tommorow and would love to catch some eyes...unless of course all there is are white perch there......                                                             

No, white perch are white perch.  I believe that they are another "intrusive".  A lot of folks in Michigan love to eat them.  A lot of times they are simply called "lake perch" at the fish markets. 
    ShutUpNFish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3834
    RE: STAY AWAY FROM ME! 2007/08/29 21:25:17 (permalink)
    Try Gulp crawlers instead of meat on the harness.  Or simply switch to a 3"+ watermelon spoon.

p.s.- White bass are good eats too!
    post edited by ShutUpNFish - 2007/08/29 21:49:37

Jump to: